Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a sad quote regarding recovering the girls' bodies:

"...submerged in oil tanks. It took hours to drain the tanks of their thick, dark oil in order to recover Bella, 4 and Celeste, 3."

Also tells that the neighbor that CW spent the night began to suspect him and called the police when he went to pick up his father from the airport.

Chris Watts case: Sources say bodies of 2 daughters concealed inside oil and gas tanks

And of course in true Narcissitic fashion, CW was concerned with how he looked.

I didn’t get the impression that the statement about how he looked was about CW’s physical appearance. He was concerned if people thought he looked guilty. He wanted to be believed and worried he wasn’t convincing enough. This is typical for someone in his position I would think.

Anyone still interested in the CW interviews, Dr Jack Brown does a review thread here
Dr. Jack Brown on Twitter

( Best analysis I have seen so far. A "nonverbal and paralanguage analysis.)
some snippets out of the 20+ points he makes:

1. Only time he shows any grief tells - in response to the journalist saying, "... You're afraid people think you may have done something" "
he momentarily displays a mild grief expression The grief-sadness-empathy expression requires an elevated, central forehead contraction (CFC) - simultaneous with a mouth of sadness.

2. Absence of facial touching. "(When an empathetic person sees, hears, or is mentally digesting an event of high emotional impact) There are none, except for one head touch when he's anxious about the canine units scenting leads.

3. Defensive body language as we have all noted except for when he's talking about his T shirt and here..
CW:"I was blowing through stop lights" (2:10), this is an example of a machismo descriptor at an unusual time. His smiling and vocal tonality during this sentence were consistent with what would have been a much less important event.

Loads more analysis at the link

I've seen comments by her brother, but they mainly only through FB.

He is metioned/quoted in this article:

Mum 'murdered by husband' had 'struggled to conceive' and planned gender reveal
Shanann's younger brother F. R. paid tribute to his sister on Facebook.

And here (see page for more of brother's comments)
Chris Watts: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Shanann Watts’ brother, FR, wrote on Facebook on Wednesday, “That piece of **** may he rot in hell. He killed (my) pregnant sister and my two nieces. Her husband Chris watts admitted to murdering my family. … We just found out she was pregnant with a baby boy and his name was going to be Nico.”

And also here: Murdered Colorado mom 'beat all odds' to get pregnant, brother says as records show family's financial woes
I wonder if the high medical bills were from trying to get her pregnant? Maybe she was artificially inseminanted with another man's sperm?

This would, to some degree make it easier to murder the 2 young ones and would explain his mother's pathetic actions regarding the nuts at the house. "These girls really weren't his
because it wasn't his blood than ran in the girls veins".

Pure speculation on my part.

OK Tx G, it's a year or so since I've been active on WS so wasn't sure what had changed re rules etc

Shanann on Twitter

I found quite a lot - cause the thread was closed during UK time today.

That's just a photo of a kid. Could be any relation. Also please be careful. There should be a release of info today. I don't want the thread to get locked.

Interesting. I'm sure you saw this one has his name on it

Shanann on Twitter

Yes just knew I couldn't add his name to thread.

I was looking to see her posts about CW before Thrive. It seems clear from these that she really loved him from the stuff she was posting pre marriage and then on their anniversaries.

Her total love for her children* is even plainer for all to see. ( Very moving to see the new baby photos of Bella in her cot and the way the tiny baby is swaddled and protected from turning over whilst sleeping.)

Horrendous crime.

* There's a few snippets where it seems clear that MLM ( as for so many other women) was seen as a way for SW to stay home with kids, initially, which when you read some of the awful accounts of how single mums & families can then get swamped by the debt, is pretty damning for the business really. ( Caveat- am not saying that some can't have good experiences of MLM....)

This is a good point. I think we should keep in mind that NU/NA “sold out” rather quickly. She used SW’s death as a way to get more people to sign up for Thrive and has also agreed to tv interviews rather quickly. I can’t help but think she’s contributing to some of the sensationalism.

This just doesn’t bug me, given their career of choice. I refuse to look down on Nickole to this or disparage Shanann’s team. If Shanann wasn’t deeply involved in Thrive herself, I would be disgusted, but this is totally normal in her circle. This is how she and her people showed support for each other, helping to make sure they all met their commissions. It’s weird as heck and it feels icky to us, like the MLM version of a grimy ambulance chaser. I am fairly sure that if it was someone else on her team who was murdered, she would be perfectly comfortable using it as a way to sell more crap. This is their lifestyle and it is acceptable to them. Everything and anything is an excuse to sell sell sell.

And I don’t give a single second thought to her doing an interview. First off, we all wanted to know her side of things. Admit it. Second: If it weren’t for her caring so much, those girls probably never would have been found and CW would have gotten away with this. Because of her, this mama and her babies will be returned to her family and given a respectful burial.

I see a lot of discomfort with the friend NA trying to recruit (or whatever she is doing) for Thrive, but I think she actually believes she is trying to do what will honor her friend. Something about working toward helping to get Shanann to her 200,000 goal that she seemed to want very much. I don't understand how MLM's work, so this meant nothing to me. But I think we are being too hard on the friend. It may not be the way we would choose, but she may be completely sincere and not trying to make it for her own gain.

ETA:
It was mentioned as a tribute for her and her family, in the only way another athrive member felt she could accomplish something good in her name.

Someone on the FB page referred to it as "a legacy for a friend who can no longer reach her goal herself". So they are going to do it for her ... they liked her a lot to do this, I would think.

JMO

10 AM SCHEDULE ARTICLES OF ADVISEMENT.

Weld county court
19th judicial district

CHRISTOPHER WATTS

The second case listed may be the
Homeowners *advertiser censored*.

The 1st is the only criminal case I see.

Fees attached to online document view.

Tried to edit —-cant. Make sure to look at date on attached file.

Wondering if CW might have used a lateral vascular neck restraint that police officers use. They reach behind and apply pressure on the blood vessels. A person passes out in 4-7 seconds. It does not harm it only applied for a short time, but can kill otherwise. Here is a YouTube so you can see how fast it is.

Hi- I'm new here. (Well, new in that I just reactivated my account and got a new password. I've been lurking since the Scott Peterson case!)
Your idea about the vascular neck restraint goes with my theory that he "choked" her from behind. I also think that, during the struggle, she reached up with her left arm and tried to "scratch" him, but due to the distance she would have had to reach, happened to just leave "marks" as opposed to long scratches on his neck. The marks can be seen in the public interview he does prior to his confession.

Going to the timeline, I believe that he killed the children prior to SW getting home and that the "emotional conversation" was her, at first asking, "Where are the girls?"
Then, it escalated to:
"WHERE ARE THEY? WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM? WHERE ARE MY BABIES?!?!?"
He had to admit to the "emotional conversation" in case any neighbors heard anything.

On YouTube there is a video of Dr. MacDonald on the Dick Cavett show, not too long after the murders. His behavior on the show was so bizarre and so inappropriate that his father-in-law realized he did it, and he forced the criminal investigation against MacDonald.

Here's a link to the interview.

So interesting. Thanks for posting.

I get why so many are comparing the two cases (pregnant wife, two daughters) but with a huge, glaring difference.

To this day, MacDonald professes his innocence. For the record, that's 50 years!
He has always pointed his finger at a "hippie gang", an idea he got from Charles Manson (judging partly on the fact the he scrawled 'PIG' in blood on the wall, just as the wretched Manson gang did). Remember, too, that the Manson murders had happened just months before and obviously very high profile.

Also, the fact that he was a surgeon, intelligent and well spoken means he has always had people who believe his convoluted theory (and people, to his great fortune, who confessed). But anytime anyone is murdered, especially as viciously and brutally as the MacDonald's family was, yet one person miraculously survives after one whole week in a hospital? Yes, I'm suspicious.

So:

Jeffrey MacDonald, no confession.
Chris Watts, quick confession.

That destroys most comparisons for me, despite the similarities in the poor victims.

Chris Watts cracked very quickly under pressure from investigators. To me, that means they have some pretty concrete evidence against him (aka perhaps video from his workplace where the bodies were found?) or he just gave up. I don't know. I don't want to get too far into his sick mind.

I'm looking more at Scott Peterson who gave weird interviews, too, after the murders but never confessed to the murder of his wife and unborn baby. Then again, his motivation was to be with his girlfriend and there is no indication of a mistress with Watts, at least that authorities are releasing.

All of this, of course, is JMO.

Last edited:
SO WHAT'S DIFFERENT?
As I'm mulling this over with the rest of you... What's different? He went from a doting partner/dad (who wanted another baby) to their murderer. What caused the big morph?
I read upthread that she was gone 6 weeks. Im going to guess that her newly found freedom was leading to a breakup... or a perceived breakup.
I don't know what's different about this case but something definitely is. This case is so disturbing on many levels but one of them being ...what the hell happened? Was this guy a psychopath or a sociopath or just a regular guy that just snapped? I mean this is a horrendous crime and it's pretty damn scary if he just all the sudden snapped?

Unless he had already disposed of the girls' bodies before Shannan got home? Those cameras will help nail him. Interesting that Atkinson did not know about the separation from SW. Seems to indicate that story might have been a reason for CW to explain her disappearance.
I think the girls were deceased and disposed of prior to her getting home.

IMO:
I think the girls could have already been murdered and put into the tanks earlier that weekend. CW would have been waiting for SW to get home to finish this tragedy. It was all definitely premeditated. With the short amount of time that CW had before he started work, disposing of 3 bodies within 3 hours would make cleaning up after the incident too rushed and carelessly done. So so sad. I still can’t believe there was no emotion whatsoever during the interview. It’s like he was desensitised to the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978