Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than destroy - he didnt mind obliterating their earthly remains from ever being found. Denying her relatives and friends the chance to get closure

I cant tell you how aggressive and venal this action is
My speculation is that Shannan's shallow grave was for CW to discover in desperate search effort led by LE and hundreds of volunteers. He would be the hero.
The babies in the tanks were never to be found. He would've been a widower whose babies were missing. A lot of $ would pour into . A lot of sympathy would be garnered by young, single and childless women.

I think that was his fantasy.

It indicates standard practice for a zealous defense attorney trying to protect his client's rights.

Guys not everything the defense does is a sign of something more. It's defense attorneys working their case well.

One reporter said their sources told them about it but they did not want to report until 100% sure because it was so horrific. I also read a story that said they drained the oil from the tanks to get the girls out which took quite some time.

The initial reports were he confessed to killing g his family and had agreed to lead them to the bodies.

I recently heard a surgeon friend ordered to attend "Anger Management" course after employees complained about hostile work environment. Don't know what that entails but that would be incredible if CW presentation was part of a prior mandate!

Hmmm apparently anger issues are common among surgeons, 2 of the orthopaedic surgeons I work with have had to attend anger management.

Or grasping for straws...anything that they can use to cause reasonable doubt.

Someone else said they want it for control which makes sense to me. Back at the crime scene in the house, they need to be able to differentiate between the two little girls. I don’t know about you but I don’t have doubt about his guilt. I do want to know what happened though. I can’t help but think they need to be really thorough on this one. Colorado and the Crime Lab have been making some great strides lately in solving crimes.

The news stations have also reported that they have heard from law enforcement sources that CW confessed.
On Wednesday right before the 10:00 pmnews cycle Denver’s local ABC station broke with the news that CW confessed. The reporter apparantly has connections inside LE and he was told about the confession by an insider (or two). CBS News were still talking about where did Shanann go until the very end of the newscast when they announced the confession and said they’d confirmed the news w/two LE insiders. No idea when Fox/NBC first reported, but it was everywhere by morning.

To my knowledge, LE and prosecutors have never publically acknowledged a confession. We’ll find out when it’s unsealed but I don’t think prosecutors used a confession as grounds for charging him, and even Channel 7 (local ABC station) that originally broke the news has reverted to calling it an “alledged confession”.

I don’t think the inside LE sources were lying when they said CW confessed to police (yes, news reported it was given to LE —I know some have speculated is called alledged because he only confessed to his family). The fact the prosecutors and official statements make no mention of a confession has me worried perhaps they’re afraid the confession will get thrown out. Really worried! If the confession isn’t included in the sealed documents, hopefully the fact that he’s behind bars means they don’t need the confession to nail him.

Does anyone know if a confession is thrown out and part of the confession was telling where bodies were disposed, if discovery of the bodies and any evidence found on the bodies needs to be tossed out too? I’m new to this and don’t know rules of evidence, or whatever governs this sort of thing. Hoping those of you w/more experience can reassure me there’s no need to worry. But if there’s a chance he’s going to get off because confession was motivated by evidence that gets thrown out, and bodies, etc also can’t be used to prosecute because they were found as result of the thrown out confession I am going to be sick.

The initial reports were he confessed to killing g his family and had agreed to lead them to the bodies.
I think he will change this, with something along the lines I was trying to protect SW. Can a defense attorney ask his client to lie or change his story ?

Did you see his interview pleading for his family? This is where I saw his evil MOO.
I think you may change your mind if this goes to trial and he starts telling some crazy story.
I'm wondering if the defense wants dna from the kids so bad that he's going to try and say SW did this.
I also wonder if after all 3 were deceased if he put SW hands around the girls neck knowing if he got caught the story he would try and spin. JMO

I did see the interview. I think it's the confession that's throwing me. The evil ones rarely confess and lead LE to the bodies, right?

I don't know. He's described as "shy, meek".. Like I said, how I'm feeling is kind of out of the norm. I've detested male "alleged" murderers just as quickly as the female ones so I don't think its bias. Also, murdering your child is the worst crime imaginable to me but Idk. I don't get evil from him -- yet. I feel like there's more here than your "basic" evil killer due to "DV, financial issues" motive.

I found the same. My original thoughts that you could buy a case of Red Bull and some fancy Peppa Pig band-aids and get the same effect are reinforced. I'm in the UK and I'm not entirely sure if it's still for sale here or not. At least not marketed as is it in States.

Ha ha! I think you're right.

Lol apparently anger management is common among surgeons, 2 of the orthopaedic surgeons I work with have had to attend anger management.

I’m pretty sure anyone that gets that extra DV sentence enhancer has to go to an Anger Management Class..

I'm sure the information you are giving us is accurate. I wasn't an operator, but the people working the Units gave me interesting information about the refining process.

I apologize for being gruesome, but as remains were recovered, and DNA samples were requested, could one assume the bodies were pretty much intact? If so, then I'm thinking the tank's oil temp. wasn't much higher than body temp.

Enquiring minds want to know!

JMVHO.

Yes

Personally, for many reasons, I do not believe in the DP. Religious reasons, but more importantly, so many cases that have turned out to be a false conviction, false confession, etc... Sometimes you can be just so sure ya know? So I don't like the finality of the DP as a whole. (Don't get me wrong, I won't be out protesting in the streets over it either.)

But I wonder sometimes if sparing killers the DP, when they probably deserve the DP, isn't more about their own surviving family members than anything else. Sure-execution is a permanent solution that allow victim families to move on, it takes forever sometimes and just as awful at times. With LWOP, that's it. A plea is struct. They sit in prison forever. No parole hearings, no appeals, no nothing. And yes, that person is still alive, their family can go and see them through the glass if they like and hopefully, the victim's families can find some peace, although they will never truly find peace after such a loss.

Now, just saying this to be the devil's advocate, but for those who may say they are 100% convinced he's guilty because he confessed here is a scenario that may make it seem possible he's not guilty. What if he woke up for work to find that she had killed herself and the kids. Distraught and not thinking clearly, he didn't want anyone to know that she had done this so he tried to cover up for her. Then he confessed under duress because he figured his life was over anyway and hopefully would get the death penalty. Then a lawyer stepped in and talked reason to him and he recanted. Far fetched? Surely. Have similar things happened? I believe they have. People falsely confess for all sorts of reasons, sometimes really stupid ones.

Is this the case here? Obviously 99.9% not but stranger things have happened so I hate the DP in cases where we might just kill one innocent person. And trust me. We've killed a lot of innocent people over the years.
There was a movie about anti-DP , I forgot the name , she filmed her suicide yet everybody thought that she was killed until they found a tape .

It indicates standard practice for a zealous defense attorney trying to protect his client's rights.

Guys not everything the defense does is a sign of something more. It's defense attorneys working their case well.
I thought the attempt via court order for fingernail scraping went a bit far as I thought that was standard practice to check under fingernails of a murder victim.
Kind of insulting to the ME in this case. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member