Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theories on the phone shoved in the couch:

He hid it till he had time to delete stuff?

She hid it when she knew she was in trouble so that police would know something is suss.

Don't know why he'd hide the phone and not her purse etc

My theory: Shannan arrives home. She rolls her suitcase to the base of the stairs thenwalks into the kitchen, puts her purse on the counter (maybe grabbing a glass of water- dehydrated after the flight). She then goes upstairs to kiss the girls with phone in hand. Chris follows her. When Shannan realizes the girls are dead she runs out of the room trying to call 911 on her phone. Chris overtakes her in the loft area, they struggle on the sofa and the phone gets lodged in the cushions. Just a theory

I thi

I think he killed the kids cos they saw him kill her.

I'm also wondering how much gf was involved they worked together.

I read somewhere that he was seen loading "a bag" into his car on neighbours cameras. So had he killed the kids and put bodies in car already?

2 different theories

Maybe kids saw the girlfriend....

SW was not the main breadwinner. It was reported last year he made $65k and total household income was $90k. So she bought in $25k which I expect most went on the trips and buying her own product. I would expect her income was negative after job expenses (which aren’t real job expenses with MLM schemes).

I am still hung up on the fact that in the arrest affidavit he said he had to call his dad before he confessed. I speculated that he may have wanted to soften the blow of the deaths. I also wondered if he got used to always having his dad bail him out each time he got in trouble.

He has changed his story so often that it’s hard to trust a thing he says. I learned after the Casey Anthony case that any verdict is possible.

I wonder if he is going to get a more experienced attorney then the one provided free by the state.
I thought it was to soften the blow. Now however, I am not sure. It has bothered me that there has not been any kind of response from his family. He is their son, and they will always love him. They may or may not have liked SW, but they had to have loved those grandbabies. There is no way of telling if his dad helped him come up with that story or after being told, his Dad told him he must tell the truth. They must have been pretty close since he asked to speak with him first.

A report about their financial situation and debts/liens.
Is this new article pertaining to their current home?
Frederick man suspected of killing wife, 2 young daughters had deep financial troubles
Yes. The lien was most likely put on the home by the HOA. The Watts were being sued for unpaid dues by their HOA. This is a common measure taken by HOAs to recover unpaid dues. My theory is that the Watts were giving up their home as part of their bankruptcy, so they did not bother to pay the dues (which totaled a bit over $1,000) because they knew the HOA would be reimbursed through the lien upon sale/foreclosure of the home.

Not yet. So far, most of them are members of various LE agencies who have worked the case.

It is far too soon for LE to have interviewed family, friends, etc. I would expect these people to be on the witness list when it comes time for the trial.
I saw her name and the brother's name listed on the witness list.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess...which is subject to change:
He told Shanann that it was over. They argued. Her hopes and dreams dashed. He then killed her out of rage. Men do that. They kill the innocent party when caught or when a big argument ensues...maybe out of hate for whoever is standing in their way of 'freedom'. I had trouble believing someone would dump a beautiful, supportive woman and their children for someone else, but maybe that's what happened. And the childrens' murder then followed.
I'm just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member