Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. This is you logically and passionately looking at the fact and stats you know. Some people will buy it...

By the way I agree with so much of what you say. But people who don’t follow true crime may and possibly will buy it.
Except for the fact that he didn't call 911. I believe any reasonable person would have.

If he loved those kids and was enraged that SW killed them, you cannot convince me he would've just dumped them in a tank of oil and walked away.

He would've buried them, probably with their favorite blanket or toy. Shown some sort of respect and love towards them that way.

He would've shown some semblance of emotion the next day being interviewed.

But that's not what happened, and it makes it clear to me that he's the guilty one.

That’s right!

So many lies. He couldn't keep his lies straight because they were too many to remember.

August 13, Monday

To Officer Coonrod, CW says Shanann arrived home at 2 am, he woke up 5am, then talked to Shanann about separation, he backed his truck into the garage at 5:27 am to load up tools, then left.

To Officer Baumhover, CW says Shanann arrived at 1:48 am, asked for a separation at 4 am, backed his truck to load up tools at 5:27 am, then left.

August 14 or 15 (most likely 15th)
After talking to dad, he says Shanann strangled both kids and he went into a rage and strangled Shanann. No time given.

CW was arrested 11:02 pm, August 15

If you are telling the truth, there is no reason for this kind of inconsistencies. Shanann absolutely did not kill her babies. No ifs ands or buts.

(I also notice his recall of times is too precise. It seems he had already learned those video recorded time stamps from the media. I know I came back from shopping around 7pm today, but am not sure if the time was 7:03 or 7:05 or 7:06)

I don't think so because his new version of the crime makes him out to be a HERO. He was only trying to save his precious girls from the evil woman, and he just did what he needed to do to protect everyone from the ugliness.

Yep a lot like Christian Longo..... Who was also a shady lying cheater. Two great books about that case by the way: 'Love, Daddy' and 'True Story'.

Although Longo made a literal 'run for the border' afterwards. I truly don't get what the hell Watts was thinking when he thought he could get away with this. Big kudos to the law enforcement people who have been SWIFT in this case.

Last edited:
Has there been any solid rumor or report that he was having an affair, or is this just speculation on this board?

It’s not reasonable for a mom that was happy Selling her product, lots of friends, coming home at 2am after a couple day work conference, and killing her kids. That’s just not reasonable.

I dont, for one second, believe she killed the children. But you can't assume she was happy purely bcoz of her ridiculously positive Facebook posts. In reality she could have been miserable.

Good points. I'm more bothered that his family may believe him. None of us know for certain what happened but it is highly unlikely, imo, that anyone other than CW murdered those babies.

Doesn't the last paragraph starting "Prior to Chris' confession" imply they were already searching the area of the bodies and therefore likely used the evidence of finding the matching sheet during interrogation to get him to confess?

Who cares if his family believes him? They won’t be on the jury. They can think what they want, but that won’t make it fact. As far as we know they are victims in this too. I feel awful for them. Can you imagine realizing you raised this monster??

No that was her friend Nikoles car that left at that time after dropping her off from
Airport
Ohhhhhhh, thanks for the clarification, CJS4 -- I was totally on the wrong track of that one! No wonder we didn't hear about the car "returning" to the garage! That clears that one up!

If the girls' beds were made, this suggests he killed them prior to bedtime... Could be as much as 7 hours difference between girls' and SW death.

As for trial, I predict 2-3 years.

I think he keeps referencing the baby monitor for a reason. I agree with the idea that he watched her from the bedroom monitor, probably watched her pick up CeCe with Bella sprawled on the bed.

Which means, she would've been killed shortly after arrival. Why in Earth did he wait so long to leave with the bodies and do absolutely nothing to properly stage the scene. In those 3 hours, he didn't come up with a believable scenario? Why stay in the house so long with the bodies?

He didn't admit to first degree murder from what I saw on the affidavit. At all. He admitted to a heat-of-the-moment murder. First degree murder is premeditated. There's a reason the prosecution isn't buying what he's selling. He's trying to get out of the first degree murder charges by blaming it all on SW.
I think LE knew he'd killed his wife and children as soon as they found her car, purse and phone at home. This would set off all the alarm bells. But they needed to prove it. Most of all, they wanted to find their bodies, for the sake of the family and for the sake of not letting him get away with it.

They didn't want to spend weeks hoping the bodies would turn up somehow. They didn't want to spend months building a case against him, while he protested his innocence.

Somehow or other, they pressured him and he broke down and admitted he had killed his wife and where they would find all the bodies. This was a huge victory for LE, they had enough to arrest him right away, put the family out of their misery.

That he didn't exactly tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth is, IMO, really not so important. They can gather further evidence as well as showing all his other lies. There's no one to confirm his story. He confessed to disposing of his children's bodies in oil storage tanks. He's toast.

Exactly. And that's not even getting into his behavior after the fact. It's just completely nonsensical.

I would think there's not a single juror in the world who would buy that story from this , but it seems at least one long time member here believes it and all it takes is one on the jury.
Or a Judge who allows someone on a Jury who states that her religion forbids her from judging others...

That’s right!

Not uncommon for baby killers to have buried their children in graves w blankies and toys, posed delicately as if they were just asleep.

His actions are truly desecration of a human body and quite sadistic. I dont care if he thought he was desperate or being clever. He has a horrible dark pit in his psyche. Beyond just narcissism

It's a complete dissociation of the human being as a person, and not even a stranger

It's killing them again

So many lies. He couldn't keep his lies straight because they were too many to remember.

August 13, Monday

To Officer Coonrod, CW says Shanann arrived home at 2 am, he woke up 5am, then talked to Shanann about separation, he backed his truck into the garage at 5:27 am to load up tools, then left.

To Officer Baumhover, CW says Shanann arrived at 1:48 am, asked for a separation at 4 am, backed his truck to load up tools at 5:27 am, then left.

August 14 or 15 (most likely 15th)
After talking to dad, he says Shanann strangled both kids and he went into a rage and strangled Shanann. No time given.

CW was arrested 11:02 pm, August 15

If you are telling the truth, there is no reason for this kind of inconsistencies. Shanann absolutely did not kill her babies. No ifs ands or buts.

(I also notice his recall of times is too precise. It seems he had already learned those video recorded time stamps from the media. I know I came back from shopping around 7pm today, but am not sure if the time was 7:03 or 7:05 or 7:06)

Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member