Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, likely! And SW would have told her friend Nichole about this.

Some are speculating he had the girlfriend over that Sunday for a cookout. What if he killed the girls before having the girlfriend over (a la Casey Anthony - getting rid of the kid for a booty call). D,: And that is why he attempted to ditch the sheets? But didn't have time toe cleanup before leaving for disposal and work check in.

This is all really hard to type out. ),:
He may be dumb, but he's not that stupid. He doesn't strike me as brazen enough to bring the mistress to his house when the kids were there (or to kill the kids then have hot sex at the murder scene). I would say it is VERY likely that SW had friend spies checking to see what he was doing while she was in NC. And I wouldn't doubt it if he brought the mistress to their house when she was gone in NC for weeks. It's very possible, that since she suspected the affair, when she was in AZ, it was confirmation of it, maybe there was a confrontation.

I wonder what was going on between CW and SW while SW was in Arizona on that final work trip because there is a photo on SM with the Thrive group in Arizona at a restaurant eating meals and SW didn't have any food in front of her ~ maybe she wasn't feeling well and was upset and some people can't eat when they are upset.
good catch! NUA said SW was not feeling well on trip home.

I’m sure this has been posted already, but going back to the video interview, it seems even more obvious now (BBM):

5:55 – 6:01 – “But it’s, sigh, I just want them back (smiles and laughs) I just want them to come back.

6:02 – 6:14 – And if, if they’re not safe right now, that’s what’s tearing me apart, because if they are safe, they’re coming back, but if they’re not, this, this, this has got to stop, like this, somebody has to come forward.”

I know a number of posters have assumed that he wanted to get rid of his family as they were interfering with his new relationship, but I think he couldn’t bear the idea of Shannan leaving him and taking the kids, so he killed them all. “If I can’t have them, nor can you”. Final act of control/punishment was to take away the things most precious to her. JIMO

Personally, I would completely agree with your last paragraph, had he tried to kill himself or even run away. i just cannot get past how he chose to literally dispose of his children. So for me, even if he is telling the truth and he did not kill them (I don't believe that), but if he were found not guilty of their murder, his actions afterwards cannot be justified or understood.

I can understand the grief he would have felt being threatened with loosing his children and I can understand killing a spouse if one found the other harming the children, but dumping your own children in oil and going to work afterwards is just not something I can even begin to understand.

Because of this, I believe he wanted his life to carry on. If he is lying about what happened that night then he is as good as killing them twice.

Her poor family - if this goes to trial I cannot imagine what he will say about her, on the other hand if there is a deal struck for life in prison for Shanann's murder only, then his claim she killed the girls will never be properly disproven.

Going back to my odd feelings about NU-A and the car in the garage- I’m desperately trying to find photos of the left side of the house because I’m positive I saw that there’s no windows. The pic was probably a SS from a news report and we all know there’s TONS of them to look through. I did however find a photo showing no window on the right side (by the front door), AND a photo of CW standing in front of the doors for size comparison.
I will keep looking for the photo of the left side. I’m pretty sure the garage did not run the entire depth (?) of the house therefore any windows in the back yard wouldn’t be garage windows, it would be living space.

Hi Rabbit, and welcome to WS! Have you poked around on Google Maps/Earth? Or maybe Zillow, or something similar? I'm at work, and can't go there now, but it might be worth a look.

He may be dumb, but he's not that stupid. He doesn't strike me as brazen enough to bring the mistress to his house when the kids were there (or to kill the kids then have hot sex at the murder scene). I would say it is VERY likely that SW had friend spies checking to see what he was doing while she was in NC. And I wouldn't doubt it if he brought the mistress to their house when she was gone in NC for weeks. It's very possible, that since she suspected the affair, when she was in AZ, it was confirmation of it, maybe there was a confrontation.
What about this doorbell app, Ring? Wonder if S had that on her phone and saw something when she was gone. I know nothing of this app, would even work across country?

good catch! NUA said SW was not feeling well on trip home.

Only thing that I still can't get straight - just going from MSM sources
- SW mum & hair salon co-worker knew there was going to be a split/separation ( from SW as source)
- why doesn't NU/NA know ( in her TV interview ABC she said she didn't know when CW brought that up that afternoon.)

Would this just be a privacy thing - SWtoo embarrassed to even say it to a friend? ( N)

Do we have confirmation on where the info came from that Shanann was pregnant with a boy? I know her brother shared on fb, but I’m pretty sure that was after the fact.

I would like to clarify something I posted about the hearing yesterday. First of all I am very hard of hearing. While listening to the proceedings I thought CW's lawyers asked for protective custody for him. I don't believe that is correct. I am sorry for the erroneous statement on my behalf.

- SW mum & hair salon co-worker knew there was going to be a split/separation ( from SW as source)
- why doesn't NU/NA know ( in her TV interview ABC she said she didn't know when CW brought that up that afternoon.)

Would this just be a privacy thing - SWtoo embarrassed to even say it to a friend? ( N)
NUA is a co-worker, maybe SW didn't want the news to affect the
potential income drop if word got out that her family life was
unstable. Whereas the people in NC are more removed.
SW knew what he was doing behind her back. Probably realized
their relationship was going downhill for months. But initially
she was too paralyzed to act and the thoughts of new baby made
her try and hang in there. She was sick with fear and sadness.

He wasn't smart at all. He even agreed to TV interviews and chose not to fake desperation. I think he will end up pleading, but because he's so dim, he might pull a "Jodi Arias" and decide to drag everyone through a trial.

I thought about this too. All this premediation that had been going on for weeks - he sure did not do it very well.

Premeditation is imo ruminating.One clear thing that would seem pretty obvious to me is that blankets or whatever would needed no matter how it went down .

buying getting that stuff out of a closet ahead of time and placed where easily obtained would seem like a basic part of the rumination.

HOwever when the facts came out it seemed to resemble a house of horrors with sheets ripped off thrown around in garbage cans missing from kids beds -- much more like a scene of frenzy , a lot of movement and out of control all the way around.

Sudden unexpected.

Certainly not a chain of events thought out in advance.

Planning for weeks I would think would not result in putting people in different locations. I would think one location would be more ideal.

Appears frantic confused .

The notion that oil was used regarding odor makes no sense at all. If one is concerned about odar you don't put the biggest one in a shallow hastily dug grave and feel the need to hide smell of decomp from two little people .

This IMO indicates frenzy not organization and planning over and over.

The notion that size has something to with placement really, does not make much sense either. She weighed what 39 lbs more than a child and was a inch and half wider. She was petite.

A person who had been doing all this planning and was organized etc would not leave a giant king sized sheet flapping in the wind. Like a flag.

This too, has a feel of a freaked out frenzied not thinking individual as opposed to this well thought "plan"

He is not smart nor bright, nor cunning.

He went to work and opened hatches throughout the day

The media insanity with a murderer lying and saying he did not murder anyone was also wild to me. It is the norm. Happens all the time. WHy in this situation it seems to indicate some wildly intelligent person confused me.
Murders lie. Murderers give interviews saying they did murder. Predictable actually , but for some reason everyone is aghast that a murderer lied - on national television.

Hypothetically, doctors .lawyer. clergy . politicians are not supposed to lie.

Murderers- they lie..............................

moo

Hi Rabbit, and welcome to WS! Have you poked around on Google Maps/Earth? Or maybe Zillow, or something similar? I'm at work, and can't go there now, but it might be worth a look.
Thank you!!
Zillow has nothing from what I can find and any satellite maps are showing it as an empty lot.
The photo I saw was in a SM group and I was booted for going against an admins theories so I can’t access the group to find the photo. Lol.
I’m still on the hunt though!

I agree that’s it’s totally possible that she found a way to peek into those very tall windows but 1) I feel she would’ve mentioned something along those lines in her interviews, but everything I’ve seen she simply states that she noticed the car in the garage and 2) even if she did find a way to see into the garage through those tiny, very high windows and see the vehicle, she was also able to see the car seats in it as well.

I can see awkwardly climbing on something to be to able to sneak a peek in the garage just to see if her car was there, but I can’t imagine being able to actually see the car seats OR any reason to make a point to see that they’re in there. Friend isn’t answering the door, check the garage to see if the car is there or if they’re simply just not home, see car and then start panicking that they’re not answering. Just my opinion formed along with other oddities about this particular person.

Perhaps she used her phone,held it up high to the garage window to take a pic and zoomed in to the pic once the pic was taken. I do this often for different things (if I cant see behind fridge or something). Though she prob would have mentioned this. Idk just a thought. Jmo.

He admitted he took his babies and placed them in crude oil

I am certainly not saying what he owned doing is acceptable.

I however, have a different conclusion to the motivation behind the taking responsibility for what he did. He needed to talk to his father to explain to his father that is killing him that he put his children in there and he wants them removed . He wanted his dad to know what he did , before he confessed, becasue he just had to so that his babies would not remain in there.

I think he putting them in there has been devastating

BBM - I still think he killed his children (see earlier post) but he broke very quickly. It may be that LE presented him with such overwhelming evidence he had no choice, but he confessed shortly after the interviewer referred to his daughter by her nickname - making it all too real. IMO

Last edited:

I share concerns with this as well. My only opinion is that possibly the NC family would question this extended stay plans so she felt she had to let them in on the turmoil, while her business people wouldn’t think much of it other than her visiting out of town family (and even use it as a marketing ploy to gain other sellers... “look at this life you can live! Make money while taking a long holiday across the country for 6 weeks! Look at all the freedom and perks of selling thrive!”)

I'm bewildered as to why he buried his wife instead of putting her into the oil tanks with the kids. Did he mean to separate her from her kids? Or did he give her a burial because he was subconsciously still fearful of her overbearing personality? I think all "calm" people can snap because they bury their feelings. Of course fiery people can snap just as easily but for different reasons.

What about this doorbell app, Ring? Wonder if S had that on her phone and saw something when she was gone. I know nothing of this app, would even work across country?
Someone asked before if he had the app to see who is at his door. I watched one of the 2 interviews with Chris and he said he saw Nichole at his door on his phone. So the wife would have had it too mostly likely.

<snipped>
I know a number of posters have assumed that he wanted to get rid of his family as they were interfering with his new relationship, but I think he couldn’t bear the idea of Shannan leaving him and taking the kids, so he killed them all. “If I can’t have them, nor can you”. Final act of control/punishment was to take away the things most precious to her. JIMO

That's certainly possible, but is there any evidence she intended to leave him? Just because she possibly felt she was having troubles in her marriage, or even knew of the affair, doesn't, IMO, mean a pregnant woman with two toddlers, and a job that required her to project a perfectly happy, intact, family in a nice house, would decide to walk away from it all. I think she would stick with her marriage, absolutely. I think he was the one wanted out.

I'm bewildered as to why he buried his wife instead of putting her into the oil tanks with the kids. Did he mean to separate her from her kids? Or did he give her a burial because he was subconsciously still fearful of her overbearing personality? I think all "calm" people can snap because they bury their feelings. Of course fiery people can snap just as easily but for different reasons.
He probably couldn't lift her. I'm assuming there was a ladder to climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams