Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to decipher because I'm not sure of the house layout. If I had to guess, I would say he either hid it there so she couldn't call for help, or she took it there. I imagine that they had a huge blow out argument when she arrived home. Maybe she mentioned triggers (ie child support/financial ties/horrible husband and father) they took a breather like he mentioned, but she went to lay on the couch.

If she knew he had been having an affair, why would she want to sleep in a bed the mistress might have been in? He might have followed her and continued the argument, the phone slipped between cushions. Maybe that couch is where he became physical with her.

I read somewhere...( not sure where ) that the loft was upstairs in between the kids bedrooms and the master bedroom....kinda like an enlarged part of the hallway....if he was trying to hide her phone, walking by that couch would be logical. I suspect he didn’t want her trying to make a 911 call....OR there was a struggle in that area.

I thought the video was staged...part of the Happy Families selling point. And , in my opinion, in a passive aggressive way...he got in a little dig at her...”If YOU want something bad enough, it happens.”

If he was falling in love and planning an exit, this pregnancy would have galled him. Having to participate in a phoney FB video for her business, one that he would have to explain to his new love interest, might have had him seething.

I see him as “the Mouse that roared.” Anger just building and building. For all we know, he might have had a rough time with the kids (in his mind) and the flight delay kept him from being “off duty” and being able to go to bed...and his anger and resentment exploded.

She was lovely, with a vibrant personality...and my guess is that for years he was content for her to be the dominant partner. But, now he’d buffed up, and he felt like he could be someone else...but had to be with someone new. I think he had a lot of simmering resentment...but how could Shanann know this? Things that were once endearing or appreciated in a relationship suddenly become the very things your partner resents about you....

Dunno...but that’s how it seems to me.

But, why, why...the children???

I agree with you. I think that both of them had been drawn to each other because their opposite personalities balanced each other out. She was sick, and he was calming and comforting. But it was evident that she kind of saw him as a dork. Example when she tried to push him away and let him in because it was a moment of weakness. That is condescending and I am sure he felt hurt but it. The other time was when she said he didn't have game.

He had resentment because of when he described his youngest daughter and referred to her as always gung ho and on the go. They called her rampage. I think SW exhausted him.

BUT...these are things that all couples go through! They either work it out or divorce. They do not MURDER and especially not the children.

Then I think of Susan Smith who murdered her children because the guy she liked didn't like kids, and she hated their father too much to let them had them. NORMAL people don't murder their children, but some really evil people do.

Just had a thought.
JMO what if CW switched a vitamin or something SW takes daily with a drug meant to cause her to miscarry? She is so sick on her trip. She gets home and compares pills, confronts him, etc. Maybe she died as a result of the forced miscarriage? I just don’t want to believe that he planned to kill the kids ):
Again, just speculation.

What do we make of the point the friends make that SW told her friend that CW had told SW he wanted to have a third baby and that SW was 100% on board?

If SW was telling the truth to her friend..... what to make of it?
I was thinking one possibility might be:

CW tries to remove SW from her friends and family by moving to Colorado.

SW makes lots of new friends at her new job so maybe CW convinced her to become a stay at home mom.

SW starts selling Thrive and makes lots of friends and traveling so CW convinced her to have another baby thinking it will slow her down.

CW not happy he cant control her.

All pure speculation, of course, MOO

I can imagine the interrogation of CW was extremely severe; LE saying STOP LYING, WE HAVE CAMERA VIDEO, we SAW what you did that night, we know what time you go to work, we know you left at 5 am, not you normal time, we saw you back the car into the garage before you left, we know you have a girlfriend her name is XYZ, your neighbor has a camera, the 6 weeks 'vacation from the wife and kids,' we know what you did those 6 weeks..we have it on tape.

Unlike CA little journey thru Universal studios 'to show LE where she worked' when she takes LE all the way down a dead end hall then says, oh haha, I don't really work here, when LE knew she did not work there and went with her on the wild goose chase to see how far she was actually going to take her lie...Well, CW didn't get that far into his lie, his scheme, his I didn't do it, wasn't me, he didn't get his 31 days to come up with his BS. CA had 31 days and CW got busted ASAP by the 'nosy friend' as he will probably call her for life...and LE got him dead to rights..

CW didn't get that far into his lie, his scheme, his I didn't do it, wasn't me,

is there any evidence he stated to LE I did not do it. We know he went on TV like many husbands and or wifes or kill their children and do what they think the public wants to hear .

He did act like he did not know (like many husbands and or wifes or kill there children) what happened , do we know he stated to LE that he did not do it?

I have not seen any documentation of that - the only documents I have seen of him confessing ( the opposite I did not do it)

All we know is he told them , very quickly after the porch thing that he would tell them everything after he got his dad.

CW didn't get that far into his lie, his scheme,

At this point has any LE released any information about his scheme?

At this point all we know per LE is a frenzied chaotic scene with sheets everywhere her stuff all over . I would think in this day and age a planned and organized murder would def include not leaving keys in her car cell phone findable purse out in plan view -- if anything that resembles pretty much what he described - things going out of control.

I would think a predmeitated murder would address some overt thoughts in advance. This imo was all out of control stupidly executed - indicators of a horrible three hours

Number one leave a window broken or something

two park your car in you garage before commit a triple murder

three dont leave disturbed scene all over the house

four dont leave sheet flags at the scene where you dispose your family.

five dig a very deep grave prior to committing your planned murder - not what LE has reported as a shallow and easily located burial location. Again sound frenzied,

do we have any statement from LE as it relates to his regular work arrival time (as it relates to we know what time you go to work)

we know what you did those 6 weeks - at this time I think all we know he did was work to pay the bills - LE would have verified that he did not miss putting in his hours during that month and a half of working to facilitate taking care of the bills

do we have evidence that him murdering people is on CCTV - if that is the case why was there no arrest for days? I would think if LE saw tape of a murder that would result in arrest immediately after viewing.

Has up to this point , LE released any of the interview where we know for fact per a link that they stated to him we know you are lying? Again I would have to think that for a certain period of time they believed his act that he missed his family- it would make sense that LE would go with that (he remained free for a what 72 hours)

He stated on national TV where cameras in the neighborhood were. A cunning murderer would not tell LE where cameras that are aiming at his house are.

He is not sharp nor bright. Things went out of control suddenly imo

We know now that backing his car into his garage was for nefarious purposes but backing a truck in a garage does not typically result in knowing a triple murder had occurred

Has there been any documentation or statement by LE that they were aware and could prove an affair prior to him telling them.

He lied about it initially that is what most do when they murder there spouse. That is the same kinda thing as pretending you dont know your murder victim is - after one kills there wife.

Re 'vacation from the wife and kids,' It is my understanding that she left with the kids - he stayed there and worked to pay the bills as far as know. Hardly a vacation!

Has LE stated that this affair was an enduring relationship or the kind of thing that happened one or two times cause of opportunity? That certainly does not make it right- but I have not heard LE describe it in that manner

There is this peculiar rage and surprise that a person that killed his wife did not lie and attempt to cover it up is a new or surprising thing,

Murderers do it all the time. It has alway perplexed in this case that there appears to be the expectation that murderers come clean when LE arrives ??

It is odd imo!!

Again as it relates to this notion of a lot of planning apparently he did not get his act down. Her friend did not believe him instantly.

Heck you guys did not feel this planned murderer gave a good performance-- mental rehearsal, practice in ones head usually results in a better performance.

Last edited:
What do we make of the point the friends make that SW told her friend that CW had told SW he wanted to have a third baby and that SW was 100% on board?

If SW was telling the truth to her friend..... what to make of it?
don't believe it. imo

Have had a close female friend say same to me, i believed her. turned out to be untrue- she'd wanted to believe this

You just brought up a point I had never even considered that prompted me to post for the very first time. Do we know that the girls shared a room? In a 5 bedroom house (or 4? I can’t remember) that seems absurd. We have a similar monitor so, if the girls did NOT share a room, he would have had to wait for the video display to cycle between the 2 rooms to have been able to see one girl laying on the bed “blue” and her in the other room. Unless theirs shows multiple rooms at once. Either way, ridiculously absurd (IMO)

The girls each had their own room....but that doesn’t mean we know where the were sleeping that night.

Some very interesting theories hear. I think any plan C.W. made was going to be bad one, regardless of the time he had or the prep he did. I suspect he was more of a fixer than a planner, that his social problem-solving skills have long been poor, and that the goal of any “plan” — freedom without financial or emotional liabilities — was overwhelming enough that he paid little attention to the details, including a lover who might be a bit suspicious of the timing of his disappearing family. Chris Coleman, vicious as he was, was a Kissinger next to this guy.

Describing him as a "fixer" is brilliant. His high school ability was in mechanics. He "fixed" things when SW was sick, and he fixed things at the wells. What great insight.

CW murdered his little girls and then waited for Shanann to get home. Showed her what he had done (emotional conversation) and then killed her too. Concoct story. No child support or alimony payments. Sell the house, pay off debts. New life ahead of him.
Then, reality came knocking at his door. IMO

JMO
I agree with this theory.

I know I havent followed this case too closely so there are things that may not fit but I cant shake the feeling that he killed her the moment she got home and then killed the kids because they witnessed the big fight.

I think he was getting madder and madder at her the whole time she was gone and a big fight broke out the moment she walked in the door. I think the kids woke up and witnessed the whole thing and he felt he had to get rid of them because they saw what he did.

If it turns out he killed them even before she came home then he is even sicker than I have him pegged.

Either way I am totally convinced he killed all three of them.
I think he killed them all too. But once he became involved in an affair, his motivations, in my mind, turned to freedom and lifting of financial burdens.

Hi Yas newbie here I have a question it's rather ughhh hard to get out has anyone heard if they were put in the oil in the bags I keep thinking back to when I saw a comment about maybe sw tried cpr on the girls hence the DNA on neck imo the oil would dilute the DNA .this is so hard to comprehend about the children

I also don't think there was much time of pre-meditation, I think that's why he changed the "emotional conversation" timeline to 4:00. Sadly, I think that may have been the actual time of death for all three, which will make it harder to disprove Cw's theory. I also think the neighbor that saw him BBQing is weird, unless he did that to throw the neighbor off. If you planned to kill your kids, why make them dinner first?

I think CW really messed up by showing no emotion at court. If your wife really killed your kids, how could it be possible to not fight back tears? It shows he really doesn't care that much.

I also wonder if CW could have gotten his girlfriend pregnant, just trying to figure out any possible motives.

Neither were dx'ed with that as far as we know. SW was internet diagnosed from looking at her sm pages, which pretty much look like lots of other peoples who sell Thrive.
I might be being a bit dim, but internet diagnosed?

Hi Yas newbie here I have a question it's rather ughhh hard to get out has anyone heard if they were put in the oil in the bags I keep thinking back to when I saw a comment about maybe sw tried cpr on the girls hence the DNA on neck imo the oil would dilute the DNA .this is so hard to comprehend about the children
No one has been able to work that out, but I think that DNA would still be there. DNA does not care about colour or substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member