CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAdvocate CW does not look tired he is practically smiling in the interview! He looks refreshed and giddy!
images
images
images
images
images

Oh yeah he really walked in on his wife killing those kids...SMH. Cmon really?? He really looks shaken up doesn't he?? Thank you for this visual, someone told me earlier he only grinned a few times and all these people trying to justify his "nervous laugh" people this man is a PSYCHOTIC KILLER!!!!! In EVERY interview he could not contain his happiness!!! This is not a man that is awkwardly giggling because he is nervous!! He is giggling because he is proud of himself and he knows exactly what he did and he is happy about it!! He is relieved!! That is called a psychopath.

Everyone keeps talking about the HOA, of roughly 1500. There is NO way they didn't have it, IMO, they just paid for 3 round trip plane tickets to NC, and rumors of CW spending both the first and last week there too, making an additional 2 round trip tickets. Sw and the girls alone are at least 1500. I think they were in some sort of spat with the HOA, and that's why they refused to pay the measly 50 dollars a month.

Look, y'all....

The Admin has said people can argue in favor of CW's version of the facts; that is, that SW killed the girls and CW killed her. In other words, the mods won't ban a poster for taking that position.

But that doesn't mean you have to argue with them. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching the media interviews with Scott Peterson and even HE managed to tear up during one of them!!

Shannan was right- CW has no game

This guy makes Scott Peterson look like Mr. Rogers. At least Scott was remotely charming and could muster up an iota of emotion when necessary. This guy is just dead inside, stone cold killer. I would guarantee that if he got away with this he would do it again, and again and again. TBH I wonder if CW had killed before. It would not at all surprise me.

BBM......You are saying he put his dead children, whom he murdered, in vats of oil to keep them warm? Do you believe this?
When I was about 8 or 9, my mom told me that her uncle had died. I laughed. I knew it was inappropriate but it was like when you laugh in response to being tickled, I wanted it to stop and I was absolutely horrified...I was saying "sorry". It wasn't normal smiling or happy laughter.

I'm so grateful it never happened again because it was awful and extremely embarrassing. I was, and still am, mortified that my brain/body reacted in that way.

I am vaguely aware that it can happen, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone else say it's happened to them. Can I ask if you have that same "Oh my god I don't know why I'm laughing, I'm sorry" clearly embarrassed reaction along with the laughing/hysterics?

From my experience of that happening to me, CW smiling in that video was nothing like that sort of reaction.

I don't know how much of CW's smiles in the video were genuine happiness or duper's delight, he wasn't imho grinning like a Cheshire Cat a la Peterson. I got the feeling that most of the smile moments were more overacting the part of "nothing to be worried about here, I'm innocent, guv". I found the smiling, like a lot of his words, to be indicative of deception...because he was acting. Then there was the part where he talked about his t-shirt, and his body language completely relaxed and he talked about Shanann getting him those t-shirts...and he seemed a bit like, "hmm she won't be buying me these t-shirts any more...sighs, I do like the t-shirts".
I am a funeral giggler! I hate it! I did it at my own husbands. I did it at my parents, grandparents and at friends funeral. I don’t know why. I’ve learned too just put my face down it my hands and cover it up that way. People think that I am over emotional at funerals, they see me shaking.

Everyone keeps talking about the HOA, of roughly 1500. There is NO way they didn't have it, IMO, they just paid for 3 round trip plane tickets to NC, and rumors of CW spending both the first and last week there too, making an additional 2 round trip tickets. Sw and the girls alone are at least 1500. I think they were in some sort of spat with the HOA, and that's why they refused to pay the measly 50 dollars a month.
I thought that she drove to NC.

This guy makes Scott Peterson look like Mr. Rogers. At least Scott was remotely charming and could muster up an iota of emotion when necessary. This guy is just dead inside, stone cold killer. I would guarantee that if he got away with this he would do it again, and again and again. TBH I wonder if CW had killed before. It would not at all surprise me.

Scott was attractive, too. People keep saying CW is,..I don't see it. Not exactly convinced women poured over him.

A $3000 per month repayment on a $400,000 house doesn’t add up. Unless they have seriously short home loans in the USA. A home loan in UK or Aus is generally over 25 or 30 years and for $400,000 the repayment would be under $2000 per month.

It is in the 2015 bankruptcy filing.
I have done lots of reading & consciously do not post as fact anything I have not confirmed from MSM or legal documents/court filings/records.
If I do post an opinion, I state it as such.
I believe that is part of WS TOS.

Per the filing, C.W. owned a 2006 Ford Mustang in 2015 with more than $97,000 miles on it. SW leased a car (it doesn’t say what kind) through Cab West LLC. Payments were assumed by the Trustee.

The Watts claim $600 combined monthly car payments on these 2015 legal docs as well as $3000 monthly mortgage payments.
Remember, they had an FHA loan and put very little $ down. FHA loans include a monthly mortgage insurance premium wrapped in (one reason people avoid FHA loans if they can).

Watts bankruptcy docket report.pdf

Colorado couple had deep financial troubles years before alleged murders

DAdvocate, can I ask why you seem to think Chris is innocent in any way? I am so baffled. You seem to genuinely want to stand up for him in some way, is there a reason? Just curious.
DAdvocate is playing Devil's Advocate. The purpose of a forum is to have conflicting opinions. If we all agreed on everything, what would we talk about? This isn't a case you read about everyday. This is a "Family Man" who snapped or planned a murder of his entire family. Not everything is black and white.

I’m going to step back from following this case for a few days for my own mental health. I think I’ve become a little too emotionally involved and it is definitely messing with my mood. I have 3 children who need me and want to give them the very best version of me. I’ll check back in a few days after I’ve detoxed from this whole thing for a bit. I hope with all of my heart that Shannan and her 3 children get the justice due to them but I am honestly not looking forward to the long process.

I’m grateful for this site and the integrity that is present here!

DAdvocate said:
Or it could have been a "We're losing the house, I'm leaving with someone else" conversation and she snapped.

DAdvocate, I don't doubt that CW told SW prior to that last night that they were losing the house (which she undoubtedly already knew) and that he was leaving her for someone else (which she undoubtedly already knew) and instead of SW snapping, it was CW who snapped and proceeded to kill her because he hated her that much for keeping him from his mistress and from his freedom to live the life that he wanted without responsibilities, debt, Thrive, pending pregnancy and two young children plus SW had a successful business and was moving forward despite CW.

I’ve yet to see proof of how successful the business really was other than social media posts. Income should come out in court. We will know the facts then.

As we don't know exactly what happened I don't think we can say for sure that it was heat of the moment.

The nature of murdering three people, and we don't know what kind of time was between each murder, would imply to me either psychosis or that at least the second two were premeditated.

My understanding is that legal premeditation is not exactly how lay people might think it is, and it might be that the legal thing is that once you've got your hands around someone's neck, when you decide to not remove your hands, then you've chosen (premeditated) to attempt murder. I'm not a lawyer so we need legal clarification on that point, as we might be wrong if we assume that a heat-of-the moment reaction that ends in murder is automatically not premeditated.

CW's post-murder reaction does not suggest psychosis was behind the murders.

I am reading people using the word 'motive' for these murders. It's possible there was a motive in the usual sense of the word. I wonder if it was more that a trigger point was reached, which I think is different from having motive, but in no way automatically means that there was no premediation. In a lot of ways it does seem like there's probably associated motivation (I'm tired of putting on this doting daddy act, I want to be free and go have girlfriends and not be tied down by a wife and children (and one more on the way!).

Anyway, my point is that even a premeditation period of one minute would mean that he didn't have a pre-existing plan for clearing up and scene-setting and disposal. I think his plan was limited, but might have been that he'd do whatever clearing up and disposal before work, and then come home after work and anything he thought of in the meantime ... making sure to say he came home to an open back door and maybe throwing out the bedding and Shanann's purse, could be finished after work. But Shanann's friend turned up at the door and blew his chance to finish off the clearing up and the scene-setting.

So, to sum up, not completing all those things before going off to dispose of the bodies in no way automatically means lack of premeditation.
Seen enough trials to know you are correct, it can be just a matter of seconds for premeditation.

We aren't for sure how they paid for those tickets though. I know we use a airline credit card and I can't tell you how many times one of us has flown for free or we have companion tickets, which are $99 plus tax. A few credit cards offer incentives to use towards airfare.

DAdvocate, if you are referring to the video of CW after his arrest it is not surprising CW eyes would look tired because his eyes are devoid of emotion, angry and without remorse and he had a taste of what his world will be like in prison for life.
images
images

Yes. Where is his nervous giggle here?

I'd disagree on that. I had an image of a perfect fold at the top of the sheet in my head from seeing the pic on FB. Now the pic has been posted on here I don't think the sheet has been folded neatly at all.

I also think children can be a bit like cats. You know, you can buy a cat an expensive scratching post and remove the post from the box and the cat shows no interest in his expensive new toy but really wants that box. So two little children under five years old the twister mat becomes a blanket for the doll instead of its intended purpose, because they're playing with the doll and...it would easily make sense to a small child imho.

My mom was always confused how I often used lego bricks not to build things but to play families with .... the longer bricks represented mommy and daddy and the smaller bricks represented the children of varying ages. I was rubbish at building proper things with the lego, so the family representation was played with lego far more often than trying to build a house or something with the bricks. I am in no way claiming I was a 'normal' child any more than I would claim to be a 'normal' adult, but that's just an example of how a child's world looks different from how it looks to an adult, and how things that adults see as having particular and limited uses can have a lot more varied uses to a child...even something like a saucepan becoming a drum, or a child's play teacup filled with air is a real cup of tea...an adult would never see a real cup of tea in that teacup filled with air.

I don't think a morgue sheet would computer to a 3-yr old and a 4-year old. I hope not! I think it looks like a morgue layout to an adult, but I really doubt it would to a 3-yr old or 4-yr old.

I’m well aware that kids play with lots of things in ways other than intended. But. The edges of the mat, where they come together after being folded, are perfectly aligned! I wonder why they would give the doll the plain side if they thought it was a blanket... it came out of the box with the colored side exposed. Of course a morgue sheet wouldn’t be in the mind of a preschooler... that is why I think they didn’t do this. How ironic that the doll is posed to look like a dead child on the couch a few days before Shanann likely walked in and saw...... her dead children on the couch just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman