Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I didn't understand was he told LE that the garage keypad wasn't working but then in his media interviews I'm sure he said the garage was unlocked because that's how Shan'ann always left it (or wtte).

So there's that inconsistency and then I've been wondering if he disabled the electricity to stop Shan'ann putting on lights when she came in, and that's why the keypad wasn't working. She could've used her phone flashlight to go upstairs.
I think he was trying to maintain control of the crime scene.

He was fearful of anyone entering that house without him. He was likely concerned about anything incriminating that he could have left in the open.

I think that the keypad “not working” was just another one of his many lies.

One thing that I didn't understand was he told LE that the garage keypad wasn't working but then in his media interviews I'm sure he said the garage was unlocked because that's how Shan'ann always left it (or wtte).

So there's that inconsistency and then I've been wondering if he disabled the electricity to stop Shan'ann putting on lights when she came in, and that's why the keypad wasn't working. She could've used her phone flashlight to go upstairs.

From my understanding, he stated that the keypad to open the overhead door of the garage was not working, hence making LE wait until he arrived and could use his clicker to open it. The door he stated was unlocked was the entry door from the garage into the house, which is commonly left unlocked, since the overhead door is usually secure. Again, this isn't verified fact, as there aren't spelled out explanations of what he was referring to, but that's how I understood it.

It is really early in the system. Right now we have the DA fighting the defense wish that the autopsy results be made public and the DA not wanting that.

Very strange imo only.
The DA is not fighting the defense's wish that the autopsy results be made public. The defense did not request that in their motion. The took the stance that basically it doesn't matter because their client can't get a fair trial anyway. jmo
Link to defense filing:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...caseofinterest/2018CR2003/D 039 Notice(1).pdf

From my understanding, he stated that the keypad to open the overhead door of the garage was not working, hence making LE wait until he arrived and could use his clicker to open it. The door he stated was unlocked was the entry door from the garage into the house, which is commonly left unlocked, since the overhead door is usually secure. Again, this isn't verified fact, as there aren't spelled out explanations of what he was referring to, but that's how I understood it.
So he wasn't really answering the question when they asked him if the external access points were locked?

According to CW's objection to expanded media coverage he is not objecting to traditional print-media coverage that is inherent in public proceedings.

I'm reading it as there will still be traditional print-media coverage, but no camera's or video.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/(D42) MR WATT'S OBJECTION TO REQUEST FOR EXPANDED MEDIA COVERAGE FILED BY DENVER 7 NEWS.pdf
He just doesn't want the people to see him.

The pedestrian door between garage and house was unlocked. The keypad connects to the outside, overhead garage door. (For the keypad to not work, the battery could have been removed, dead, or the code changed). MOO

Correct, unless some new evidence is shown that somehow brings Thrive into the case. The Thrive angle was talked to death in the first 40 plus threads for this case. I highly recommend that people review the previous threads before posting in a new thread. It's all been said multiple times already. There's nothing about Thrive that hasn't already been discussed.

It might be helpful to create a summary of it for Noobies if the trial proceeds?

As reviewing 45 threads is no longer practical IMO

We had this same issue on the Pistorius trial where stuff discussed 100 times got lost in the sands of time - even for those of us who had written it!

Indeed later on I tried to find stuff I knew we had discussed in detail (floorplans) but finding it was impossible.

It might be helpful to create a summary of it for Noobies if the trial proceeds?

As reviewing 45 threads is no longer practical IMO

We had this same issue on the Pistorius trial where stuff discussed 100 times got lost in the sands of time - even for those of us who had written it!

Indeed later on I tried to find stuff I knew we had discussed in detail (floorplans) but finding it was impossible.
There’s some great stuff on page one of every thread.

I agree though. As cases progress, time passes, and threads lengthen, facts do tend to be lost along the way.

It's not a scientific proven fact that he saw Bella turning blue while SW was strangling her. CW said that he saw Bella turn blue while SW was strangling her. Like it or not, it's my opinion that that statement doesn't prove or disprove anything.

Per CW's affidavit, he saw, via the baby monitor, BELLA was BLUE and 'sprawled' out on the bed. He then saw, via the baby monitor, SW actively strangling CeCe.

Besides the the mix up of the names, you're mistaken and CW NEVER said he saw CeCe turn blue while SW was strangling her.

Tortoise is making a very good point that CW MUST have seen their faces turning blue while he strangled them, including SW! The defense have a hard task to prove what CW could see via a tiny baby monitor screen which is crucial to his account, the vision he saw made him explode into a murderous rage!
He had to have KNOWN both his children were dead, and ALL HOPE was lost for him to take the action he did, this is CW's story!

If one is going to stand by CW, one should know his affidavit off by heart, imo. Here it is again -

https://mediaassets.thedenverchannel.com/document/2018/08/20/arrest affidavit chris watts_95256653_ver1.0.pdf?_ga=2.126358029.1676806.1541460669-987309381.1540869920

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro