Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
X31 Denver KDVR‏Verified account @KDVR
#BREAKING: Christopher Watts to plead guilty in deaths of wife, young daughters http://bit.ly/2AQU4Dn

DrWTtgSW4AAY83A.jpg

1:09 PM - 6 Nov 2018

He looks so angry in that photo. He is not at all remorseful, IMO.

If I were him, I’d want to be executed. How can he live with himself? How he can still be trying to protect his own life now is beyond me.

I hope he cries every day for the rest of his life. I hope he regrets his evil ways every single damn day. I hope the realisation and remorse consumes him. And then he can burn in Hell.

I feel relieved for all the living victims left behind, but also desperately sad. So so sad and disappointed also that we probably will not gain insight into WHY. How could he?

I never doubted he killed his babies. But it’s still so difficult to understand now he has admitted it.

If he cries he probably cries for his lost chance to get away with the murder of his entire family. I don't know what I wish for him to be honest. I would want him to regret what he did and to feel love for at least his murdered children. But I doubt that he had any for them. And there is nothing what will bring them back.

I don't know if anybody who loved Shannan and their babies will ever "heal" from it. I think they all will just have to learn to live with the fact they are gone forever. This makes me really sad. Just an very very emotional case. No case before touched me like this.

And I think it is just not understandable for any "normal" thinking person and "normal" loving parent. Even if we knew every detail.

Wow. Weld County DA says current state of death penalty in #Colorado, and @hickforco’s lack-of-action with Nathan Dunlap conviction, was addressed with Shanann Watts’ family. With that, and other factors, considered....family agreed to a plea deal Watts to be sentenced Nov. 19
Dillon Thomas on Twitter

I have been thinking of this in the run-up to this hearing. Polling in my state gives a good chance that the next governor would be similar to Gov. Hickenlooper, in regards to the DP. On another note, I had hoped for a plea all along-as it does spare family and friends the pain and uncertainty of a trial.

I don't think his fear of the death penalty was his motivation for taking the plea. I think he didn't want all his dirty secrets to come out in the trial.

Taking this plea allows him to slink away into obscurity without his family or the rest of the world learning all the sick details of his crime (and everything that led up to it). His text messages, social media posts, the autopsy details, etc.

He knew they had so much evidence against him that he was going to be in prison for the rest of his life, trial or no trial.

Just catching up, thanks everyone!

Woohoo Shannan’s family doesn’t have to sit through this atrocity!!!!!

He and his lawyers knew it was big gamble and that chances were slim anyone was going to believe his BS!!!!!!

:toast:

What other evidence do they have!?

Great news.

Throw away the key!!!

I believe his father suspected from day 1 that he killed them all. I think he may have respected his dad enough to plead guilty.
IMO
BBM me too. Not sure about the respect part, I bet there was conclusive evidence. If he normally respected his father he wouldn't have tried to convince the families that she ran away. Or was taken.

They have been dignified and compassionate family from the very beginning. Publicly supporting his family. Saying they didn't believe in the death penalty. Not slinging mud.

Shanann came from good stock.
Yes, they were. They were gracious enough to ask for prayers for CW's family and acknowledge that they were also hurting. MOO

BBM me too. Not sure about the respect part, I bet there was conclusive evidence. If he normally respected his father he wouldn't have tried to convince the families that she ran away. Or was taken.
Agree, he was willing to let both families suffer thru possibly not knowing what happed to SW and the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesleigh719