Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon they called his bluff suggesting they would seek the death penalty, in reality I bet it was never on the table (MOO), especially based on what Shanann’s mum said.

It’s a pity that part of the deal didn’t involve full disclosure of what he did and how it played out.

BBM me too. Not sure about the respect part, I bet there was conclusive evidence. If he normally respected his father he wouldn't have tried to convince the families that she ran away. Or was taken.
When I say respected his father, I say that because he wanted to tell his father first before he told the police. So respect might not be the correct word but I believe he was close to him and either asked advice that day or wanted to tell him first.

Murder ‘Rap Sesh’ Podcast with Jay & Kay‏ @MurderSesh
Sentencing 10 am MTN Nov 19, in division 16 courthouse. They may live stream from that court room since that is a small courtroom.

1:57 PM - 6 Nov 2018

Judge apologized for having to turn people away but it was the only courtroom available as they wanted to conduct this hearing as soon as possible.

1:57 PM - 6 Nov 2018

When charges were read about disposing/tampering with dead bodies, the Watt's family was sobbing beyond control.

1:56 PM - 6 Nov 2018

Judge read each charge, verbatim from original affidavit, and chris replied "guilty" to each. The only difference was when Charge 3 (Celeste) he was crying. Voice cracking and shaking.

1:55 PM - 6 Nov 2018

Count 7,8,9 4-12 years

1:53 PM - 6 Nov 2018

Count 6 term of pregnancy 16-48 years, with three years of parole 1 million fine

1:52 PM - 6 Nov 2018

Counts of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 is a minimum of life in prison without parole .

1:52 PM - 6 Nov 2018

He was asked if he understood the domestic violence/intimate relationship meant, chris said "yes sir"

1:51 PM - 6 Nov 2018

Rzucek's never shed a tear, no emotion shown. Watt's family sobbing throughout.

1:50 PM - 6 Nov 2018

Judge asked Chris his highest level of education - Chris said technical college and replied to judge "yes sir" to every question asked.

1:50 PM - 6 Nov 2018

Defendant as part of this plea cannot come back and waive the facts. He has agreed to pay restitution for the funeral and burial. The prosecution can withdraw his plea if he were to commit another felony before sentencing.

1:49 PM - 6 Nov 2018

All sentencing options open, but death penalty off the table. Sentencing on November 19

1:48 PM - 6 Nov 2018

All original counts remain the same except count 1.

All original counts remain the same except count 1.

1st count was changed from murder to "murder as an act of domestic violence in an intimate relationship"

1:46 PM - 6 Nov 2018

So if the first felony death (SW) was described as domestic violence, does this mean he hauled off and punched her or choked her and that's where it started?
If he killed her in her sleep, how could it be called domestic violence? To me, domestic violence implies between live (awake) people.

From the beginning, I thought there was a confrontation when Sha'nann got home and he killed her in a rage. I really pictured a MacDonald type situation, marital argument goes out of control and the children end up victimized as well. Maybe we'll find out, maybe not. imo

Love the DA.:):):)
No airs about him: states it like it is.
His eyes are powerful, concentrating on each question.
Great that Defence approached State, for this 'Plea'.
DA states CW deserves all life sentences, one on top of another.:):)
MOO.

OMG OMG OMG

This was the hardest thread I've ever been involved in. Shanann Watts and her beautiful children were innocent victims. Shanann Watts was a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. She wasn't perfect as none of us are. Watching her being torn to shreds was utterly heartbreaking and I didn't even know her - I can't even fathom how hard this was for her friends and family.

Shanann Watts did nothing wrong. She was MURDERED.

Chris Watts is a MURDERER.

When I say respected his father, I say that because he wanted to tell his father first before he told the police. So respect might not be the correct word but I believe he was close to him and either asked advice that day or wanted to tell him first.
But he lied to his father, he did not admit to killing his children, only SW at that point.

ARTICLE UPDATED
Chris Watts reaches plea deal to avoid death penalty in deaths of wife, 2 daughters

Chris Watts pleaded guilty Tuesday to killing his pregnant wife and two daughters in Frederick, Colo. in August in a deal that will allow him to avoid the death penalty.

Watts, 33, appeared in court Tuesday for a status hearing two weeks before he was set to appear at a Nov. 19 status conference in the case.

He pleaded guilty Tuesday to all nine counts he was originally charged with in August: three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation, two counts of first-degree murder – victim under 12/position of trust, one count of first-degree unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

In court Tuesday, Watts was wearing a bulletproof vest and wept between pleas. Shanann's family was sitting in the front row of the courtroom as Watts pleaded guilty.

Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke said at a news conference that followed the plea hearing that he went to North Carolina to speak with the Rzucek family -- Shanann's family -- in order to talk about the possibilities of prosecution in the case.

No. It sounds like they had the evidence to seek the death penalty but SW's family didn't want the death penalty. I can only guess that maybe his family asked him to plea so that everyone wouldn't have to go through a trial. I believe his father suspected from day 1 that he killed them all. I think he may have respected his dad enough to plead guilty.
IMO
I agree, I think it was his family who convinced him to plea. My thoughts go out to them, I can’t imagine how awful they are feeling.

I think CW was getting legal advice passed down to him that day. How to avoid murder 1. His father was probably stunned and out of it that day, anyway. And later realized CW lied, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time