Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought he killed the girls first but we may never know what actually happened. My guess is he will say he was so traumatized or angry that he killed them all after the conversation took place. LE clearly does not consider anything he says credible. Unless the autopsy report indicates the approximate time of death we may never learn the truth.
I have a horrible feeling he would place some of the blame on Shan'ann if he was asked to account for what happened. Something like she threatened to not let him see the children again. I'd rather he didn't have the opportunity to tell yet more lies. I want to hear what the police investigation uncovered. Facts. Not self-serving lies from the mouth of the narcissistic psychopath.

MOO.

I have a horrible feeling he would place some of the blame on Shan'ann if he was asked to account for what happened. Something like she threatened to not let him see the children again. I'd rather he didn't have the opportunity to tell yet more lies. I want to hear what the police investigation uncovered. Facts. Not self-serving lies from the mouth of the narcissistic psychopath.

MOO.
I think if he had had time to implement his original plan, he was going to claim they had that "emotional conversation" when she got home and that she then left because of it with the girls, and that was going to be his excuse for why nobody could get ahold of her. Make it seem like she was the one who left.

I think if he had had time to implement his original plan, he was going to claim they had that "emotional conversation" when she got home and that she then left because of it with the girls, and that was going to be his excuse for why nobody could get ahold of her. Make it seem like she was the one who left.
Definitely - and he just assumed some friend had come round to pick her up. He only had to dispose of her purse and phone. Probably left them behind inadvertently in his haste to get out of there asap with the bodies.

MOO.
Yes, in his mind he probably justifies his actions and blames her for his having to kill them. I am interested in any future psychological assessments they may do. One more case to add to the research for "family annihilators."

Yes! I think this was always Plan A. He was supposed to have time to get rid of their things and then he'd claim that SW was so angry he was leaving her that she disappeared with his beloved children. He'd be the victim forever. When NUA came along with all of her annoying intuition and friendship, he was eventually forced to go with the mess that was Plan B-SW as the real killer. Notice though, each of these fantasy stories places the blame squarely on his wife. I think CW wanted his both his freedom and his good guy image intact.

I'm so very happy he's had to give up on that and admit the truth, not a good guy at all it turns out.

Jmo.

I think he was setting this scenario up for a long time, or at least in the weeks before the murder. The fact that he told a friend that he wanted the separation, and deleted his FB account because " she kept posting about him", or wouldn't accept that he wanted out of the marriage, was always suspicious to me. I think once he began distancing himself from the family, he was planning the murder. The one thing he wanted to make sure everybody knew on the day of the murder was that he initiated the conversation about his wanting the separation. It just seemed so obvious that he was telling a story.

I think he was setting this scenario up for a long time, or at least in the weeks before the murder. The fact that he told a friend that he wanted the separation, and deleted his FB account because " she kept posting about him", or wouldn't accept that he wanted out of the marriage, was always suspicious to me. I think once he began distancing himself from the family, he was planning the murder. The one thing he wanted to make sure everybody knew on the day of the murder was that he initiated the conversation about his wanting the separation. It just seemed so obvious that he was telling a story.
He definitely wanted to make himself the victim. He did it throughout his interviews with the media too.

I always found it a little weird he admitted he initiated the conversation. I can't figure out his reasoning for that, other than he was afraid if he claimed she was the one who did it, there would be an ample number of family and friends who would credibly say she had never said anything like that in the days leading up to her disappearance and that it would be unlike her not to mention such a drastic plan.

Not that there's anything to laugh about, but it's comical...him thinking he could plan a story of SW and the kids perhaps leaving and just disappearing and him not having "any inclination" of where they went when there was a camera pointing at his house the whole time. I have to believe they got into an argument and this was a crime of passion/ rage. He killed the children after SW as part of the cover.

Other than that, maybe he killed CeCe accidentally/or in a rage, and killed the other two to try and cover for it. I say this because of what he initially said about CeCe in the first couple of interviews. Plus, the reports of him crying when CeCe was named in court when he was giving his guilty plea. There's something to that.

3rd scenario, in short, he killed them to be free. How ironic.

Likely so.

Not that there's anything to laugh about, but it's comical...him thinking he could plan a story of SW and the kids perhaps leaving and just disappearing and him not having "any inclination" of where they went when there was a camera pointing at his house the whole time. I have to believe they got into an argument and this was a crime of passion/ rage. He killed the children after SW as part of the cover.

Other than that, maybe he killed CeCe accidentally/or in a rage, and killed the other two to try and cover for it. I say this because of what he initially said about CeCe in the first couple of interviews. Plus, the reports of him crying when CeCe was named in court when he was giving his guilty plea. There's something to that.

BBM I also found that interesting, especially since Bella was the one who had his personality (according to him). I suspect Bella was his favorite and would have guessed she would have been the one he'd show the most emotion over.

MOO.

I want to hear him apologize for placing blame on her, sullying her name after he killed her and their kids. Seriously. This still infuriates me and I think he needs to answer to it and at least express some remorse over the fact that he implicated his victim when he killed their kids and had the gall to blame it on her to try to save his neck!

He definitely wanted to make himself the victim. He did it throughout his interviews with the media too.

I always found it a little weird he admitted he initiated the conversation. I can't figure out his reasoning for that, other than he was afraid if he claimed she was the one who did it, there would be an ample number of family and friends who would credibly say she had never said anything like that in the days leading up to her disappearance and that it would be unlike her not to mention such a drastic plan.
I believe he deliberately told everyone so his story of her leaving would be believable, and when he knew that wouldn't work, that she killed the kids in a jealous rage. Jmo

Aren't potential witnesses in a future trial instructed not to speak to the media? I don't know, I'm not making a statement that they are, I'd like to know.

I would think that no, they are not to speak to the media. However, it could be that he spoke to the media prior to being contacted by authorities? I just don't know. All IMO. And I guess it wouldn't really make much difference in the outcome. We know he was having at least 1 affair, that speaks to his character in itself. The only thing really it lends itself to is possible motive

It doesn't appear that any of their friends saw any warning signs. I'm wondering if their family members noticed any signs. Looking back at things now they may have.

This is so sad and so senseless. Sometimes it's really hard to think about the world we live in. Thankfully, there's still more good than bad.

There’s something about his mind set, though, that he thought his life and happiness were so important, that Shanann, Bella, and CeCe could be dumped in an oil field, and his life would go on just as it was, and only get better without them. How he spent that night at the Thayer’s, taking full advantage of their hospitality under false pretenses, 2 days after he murdered his entire family. How he could lie to the police and stand on his front porch and lie to the world without shedding a tear. Something is very wrong with Chris Watts, so whatever explanation he gives isn’t going to make sense because nothing he did makes sense.

It doesn't appear that any of their friends saw any warning signs. I'm wondering if their family members noticed any signs. Looking back at things now they may have.

This is so sad and so senseless. Sometimes it's really hard to think about the world we live in. Thankfully, there's still more good than bad.
Agree Tippy.

The thing is that their family lived far away. And their local friends only knew the new them.

Plus their local friends probably had their own family and personal issues.

So imo. It was easier to slip through the cracks of having marital problems in this situation.

I would think that no, they are not to speak to the media. However, it could be that he spoke to the media prior to being contacted by authorities? I just don't know. All IMO. And I guess it wouldn't really make much difference in the outcome. We know he was having at least 1 affair, that speaks to his character in itself. The only thing really it lends itself to is possible motive
I'd have contacted the police right off, but that's just me. Others may not, for various reasons.

Imagine a scenario where you've been on a date with CW and he's professed to be single or separated or in an unhappy marriage and then you switch on the TV to see him appealing for his mysteriously vanished wife and children to come home! Nothing is adding up with the guy you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC