Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that there's anything to laugh about, but it's comical...him thinking he could plan a story of SW and the kids perhaps leaving and just disappearing and him not having "any inclination" of where they went when there was a camera pointing at his house the whole time. I have to believe they got into an argument and this was a crime of passion/ rage. He killed the children after SW as part of the cover.

Other than that, maybe he killed CeCe accidentally/or in a rage, and killed the other two to try and cover for it. I say this because of what he initially said about CeCe in the first couple of interviews. Plus, the reports of him crying when CeCe was named in court when he was giving his guilty plea. There's something to that.

3rd scenario, in short, he killed them to be free. How ironic.

Respectfully, I disagree with your scenarios where CW accidentally or while in while in a rage kills any of his victims. According to the written waiver and guilty plea he signed and which is linked upthread, each count of first degree murder that he plead guilty to happened "...unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and 3. with the intent 4. to cause the death of a person other than himself..." "6. AFTER DELIBERATION [sic] means not only intentionally but also the decision to commit the act has been made after the excercise of reflection and judgment
concerning the act. An act committed after deliberation is never one which has been committed in a hasty or impulsive manner."

I want to hear him apologize for placing blame on her, sullying her name after he killed her and their kids. Seriously. This still infuriates me and I think he needs to answer to it and at least express some remorse over the fact that he implicated his victim when he killed their kids and had the gall to blame it on her to try to save his neck!
Yes, and by doing so is responsible for the horrible assumptions expressed by some people on the internet. His story allowed for her life to be dissected and sparked the vicious slander that apparently spread like wildfire. Although why anyone believed him in the first place is beyond me. It was obvious from the beginning that he murdered his entire family, and I believe LE knew that even before any other evidence was found. Jmo

There’s something about his mind set, though, that he thought his life and happiness were so important, that Shanann, Bella, and CeCe could be dumped in an oil field, and his life would go on just as it was, and only get better without them. How he spent that night at the Thayer’s, taking full advantage of their hospitality under false pretenses, 2 days after he murdered his entire family. How he could lie to the police and stand on his front porch and lie to the world without shedding a tear. Something is very wrong with Chris Watts, so whatever explanation he gives isn’t going to make sense because nothing he did makes sense.
Yup. Just like all the other family annihilators - an inherently defective human.

Yes, and by doing so is responsible for the horrible assumptions expressed by some people on the internet. His story allowed for her life to be dissected and sparked the vicious slander that apparently spread like wildfire. Although why anyone believed him in the first place is beyond me. It was obvious from the beginning that he murdered his entire family, and I believe LE knew that even before any other evidence was found. Jmo
He will never apologise for anything. Unless he finds Jesus or something.

Respectfully, I disagree with your scenarios where CW accidentally or while in while in a rage kills any of his victims. According to the written waiver and guilty plea he signed and which is linked upthread, each count of first degree murder that he plead guilty to happened "...unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and 3. with the intent 4. to cause the death of a person other than himself..." "6. AFTER DELIBERATION [sic] means not only intentionally but also the decision to commit the act has been made after the excercise of reflection and judgment
concerning the act. An act committed after deliberation is never one which has been committed in a hasty or impulsive manner."
Ok. Thanks for the facts. These were my prior thoughts before the latest guilty plea.

When Shan'ann Watts, Bella and CeCe were first reported missing via coverage from local news outlets of Chris Watts' porch interviews, I was viscerally disturbed by how much his flat/incongruous affect reminded me of Josh Powell's on-camera behavior in the 2009 case of the still-missing Susan Powell, from Salt Lake City, Utah.

I don't want to hijack the direction of this thread at all in discussion of Powell*, which has forums here already at Websleuth, except to say that I believe the only reason Chris Watts took a plea deal is because he is protecting something of greater importance to him than everything already known to law enforcement, and that the public will likely never know, at least in a timely way, what that is.

Likely thousands of times every week in this nation violent criminals take a plea deal, admit to the facts in the case as charged by police, and then behave in their families and communities as if they have no guilt and are in fact victims of the accuser and the "all-powerful" court system. Even when they are sent immediately to prison. Even when damning evidence comes out. I'm glad the plea ended the case, because appeals are dreadful to the surviving family, but I don't think it ended Watt's scrambling attempts to somehow save himself, to redeem himself in the eyes of others.

*There is a fascinating podcast interview on youTube with the psychologist who evaluated Powell in the weeks before he ultimately brutally murdered his children and killed himself, possibly when it seemed like his secrets might be revealed, called Josh Powell's Psychologist.

Absolutely! it bothers me that his story was even entertained as a possible theory, when he had already proven himself
to be a bald-faced liar.

I want to hear him apologize for placing blame on her, sullying her name after he killed her and their kids. Seriously. This still infuriates me and I think he needs to answer to it and at least express some remorse over the fact that he implicated his victim when he killed their kids and had the gall to blame it on her to try to save his neck!

It infuriates me too. I’m guessing if her family chooses to give Victim Impact Statements, this will be a big part of it. They are well aware of everything people were saying. I felt like I was begging people to please just stop, but people just don’t care.

I'd have contacted the police right off, but that's just me. Others may not, for various reasons.

Imagine a scenario where you've been on a date with CW and he's professed to be single or separated or in an unhappy marriage and then you switch on the TV to see him appealing for his mysteriously vanished wife and children to come home! Nothing is adding up with the guy you know.

Of course, as would I. And he claimed he did but I take all of that with a grain of salt.

I suspect he will next time he faces the families in court but I don't expect anyone to believe it is genuine. His words mean nothing. Ino
Agree. The judge should just give him the max consecutive sentences for each crime.

Maybe his new Thanksgiving and Christmas and New years holidays in prison will remind him that he actually had a good life regardless of what he was thinking before the murders. :(

Absolutely! it bothers me that his story was even entertained as a possible theory, when he had already proven himself
to be a bald-faced liar.
Suspects have told ridiculous lies to turn the spotlight on others in the past, but never before have I known so many people to actually believe it, and come up with so many crazy stories to support it. This is definitely a first for me.... well I just thought of Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony so maybe it's not so unusual after all. Jmo

He never imagined in a thousand years that within 24 hours he would have police, the FBI and CBI and sniffer dogs going over his property with a fine-tooth comb and a media mic shoved under his nose. He thought.. wives walk out on their husbands everyday - it'll be no big deal, at least not for several weeks, by which time he will have everything in the house cleared up and he will have privately let everyone know how she is most likely "huddled up" somewhere with an old friend he doesn't know, or a new partner, where he can't contact her.

When Shan'ann Watts, Bella and CeCe were first reported missing via coverage from local news outlets of Chris Watts' porch interviews, I was viscerally disturbed by how much his flat/incongruous affect reminded me of Josh Powell's on-camera behavior in the 2009 case of the still-missing Susan Powell, from Salt Lake City, Utah.

I don't want to hijack the direction of this thread at all in discussion of Powell*, which has forums here already at Websleuth, except to say that I believe the only reason Chris Watts took a plea deal is because he is protecting something of greater importance to him than everything already known to law enforcement, and that the public will likely never know, at least in a timely way, what that is.

Likely thousands of times every week in this nation violent criminals take a plea deal, admit to the facts in the case as charged by police, and then behave in their families and communities as if they have no guilt and are in fact victims of the accuser and the "all-powerful" court system. Even when they are sent immediately to prison. Even when damning evidence comes out. I'm glad the plea ended the case, because appeals are dreadful to the surviving family, but I don't think it ended Watt's scrambling attempts to somehow save himself, to redeem himself in the eyes of others.

*There is a fascinating podcast interview on youTube with the psychologist who evaluated Powell in the weeks before he ultimately brutally murdered his children and killed himself, possibly when it seemed like his secrets might be revealed, called Josh Powell's Psychologist.
I know nothing of this case, but he was evaluated before the crimes? I don't think I can handle learning about another depraved individual but maybe I'll check it out later. Thanks!

He never imagined in a thousand years that within 24 hours he would have police, the FBI and CBI and sniffer dogs going over his property with a fine-tooth comb and a media mic shoved under his nose. He thought.. wives walk out on their husbands everyday - it'll be no big deal, at least not for several weeks, by which time he will have everything in the house cleared up and he will have privately let everyone know how she is most likely "huddled up" somewhere with an old friend he doesn't know, or a new partner, where he can't contact her.
Right? Didn't he even say (stumble over his words) in the early porch interview that she talks to her people he doesn't even know about. Mmmhmm.

It infuriates me too. I’m guessing if her family chooses to give Victim Impact Statements, this will be a big part of it. They are well aware of everything people were saying. I felt like I was begging people to please just stop, but people just don’t care.
The Rczuck’s seem like such shy, humble people who are not at all comfortable being in the spotlight. Someone else read their statements at the funerals for them. Rourke said at the press conference he didn’t know if they planned to give a statement at the sentencing, but he offered to read it aloud if that would make it easier for them. I don’t think there’s a thing they could say that would have any impact on CW or the ugly people of the world. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Bye everyone who's posted in these past 46 threads. I've just decided I don't want to talk about CW anymore. :O Thanks for all the highs and lows in the conversation. ;)

I hope the families can find peace. See some of you around the corner. ;) Ciao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC