Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Did his dad not say the same though?
His father did attend the wedding and Shanann got along with him. Yes he is saying those things now, I don’t find that surprising, their heads are spinning, the lack of communication with their son has added another layer to this tragedy for them.

I have to doubt that they've consulted an attorney because if they had, surely that letter would never have been sent. Unless they just plain chose to ignore the legal advice they received. If that is the case, it was a very poor decision.

I don't think CW has admitted what he's done, just based on the DA's statement when he was asked about allocution, that they wouldn't get the truth out of him (paraphrased). MOO
Agreed. I suspect that CW will never tell the truth. But do you think he confidentially told his lawyers what happened that night with that being protected by attorney/client privilege? I have no idea! I always wonder how that works when you actually ARE guilty of the crime. For your lawyers to best defend you, it seems like the best way would be to be completely upfront with them. But if you admit to what really happened, can they present a defense that you didn't do it? Or just suggest alternatives to what happened to show reasonable doubt?

His father did attend the wedding and Shanann got along with him. Yes he is saying those things now, I don’t find that surprising, their heads are spinning, the lack of communication with their son has added another layer to this tragedy for them.
Oh really? I had no idea he attended.

It didn't work for Jeffery (the hippies did it) MacDonald either.

LOL - but it was as bizarre as the explanation CW tried to give. I'm thinking there wasn't visible evidence of murder in CW's house, and there was blood all over MacDonald's house that he had to "explain".

If there was no visible evidence in CW's house, there may have a period of time in which this was pre-planned. I'm hopeful we find out.

LOL - but it was as bizarre as the explanation CW tried to give. I'm thinking there wasn't visible evidence of murder in CW's house, and there was blood all over MacDonald's house that he had to "explain".

If there was no visible evidence in CW's house, there may have a period of time in which this was pre-planned. I'm hopeful we find out.
I believe there was pre-planning and I too hope we find out.

They want to make a difference in their daughter's memory.

“They’d like to see a law passed to recognize the lives of unborn children like their grandson Nico,” Forbes said. “They’ve set up funds to gather resources to help the Lupus foundation. … They hope this tragedy will bring people closer to God.”
Shanann Watts, Frederick daughters funeral in North Carolina

Definitely! And i think they should be able to!!! Not letting anyone, the watts or cw fan club groupies, trash her and their family name!!!!

And I seriously hope they get that law passed! I think it’s total bs how they had to recognize and hold him accountable for Nico- but i am so glad this DA was able to find a way to do it! I really like him!

And kudos again to the Rzucek’s i am astounded at the way they have handled themselves with such dignity in this awful situation they were put in! Outstanding family they are!!!!

Agreed. I suspect that CW will never tell the truth. But do you think he confidentially told his lawyers what happened that night with that being protected by attorney/client privilege? I have no idea! I always wonder how that works when you actually ARE guilty of the crime. For your lawyers to best defend you, it seems like the best way would be to be completely upfront with them. But if you admit to what really happened, can they present a defense that you didn't do it? Or just suggest alternatives to what happened to show reasonable doubt?
I have questioned that also. I believe a defense attorney has the obligation to protect a client’s rights, for instance; chain of evidence, honesty of witness, etc. However, it seems often anything goes if it produces any doubt of guilt to a juror. I believe attorneys on both sides should have to follow same rules with evidence and facts to back up claims, but often that doesn’t seem to be the case. MOO

Were the Watts envisioning this being another CA or OJ trial?

Last edited:
I think CW and and SW were mismatched. SW was full of ambition and fire and CW wasn’t. CW was a 9 to 5 kind of guy, SW was an entrepreneur who wanted to shoot the moon. CW was laid back, SW was full of energy and wanted to go, go, go. I think SW pushed CW to keep up with her, but he didn’t have what she had, and he couldn’t. I can see where he thought she was saying he wasn’t good enough, and I can see where she thought he was lazy and undisciplined. I can see where CW might have interpreted her criticisms as abuse. I’m sure they both annoyed the Hell out of each other. He went looking outside of his marriage for sex and companionship, and he destroyed it, and all of SW’s dreams. I think the showdown happened that night, but I can’t figure out why he would kill her and the children. Why not just leave? All I can come up with is that she said something awful to him that made him feel like a worthless spot on the floor, and he became enraged. But why kill Bella and CeCe? I sure hope the DA provides us with the answers.
I actually think most marriages are made up of people that are different. I'm the hyper one, my husband is laid back. He is the calm to my worrying. My brother and his wife are the same. My sister on the other hand married someone just like her. Lord at the chaos. I think if we all married someone just like us, it would be very boring. The problem with Chris is he appeared to act like everything was perfectly fine when he should have discussed it with her. Instead he exploded. In his plea deal, he pled guilty to planning the murders so nothing happened because of something that was said that night. IMO

Wow. I cannot believe that anyone would think it's appropriate to write such a letter to a Judge! So uncouth. To request that he call them to assure them that he is receiving fair treatment and that his decision is not a result of inhumane treatment by his lawyers?! Did they torture him?
Naturally they referred them to a social worker. That would be the appropriate person to address any issues they have. Unbelievable.

Now back to read what else I missed while I've been running around getting ready for this snowstorm here that just started. I just brought in two days worth of firewood and now I'm about 70 posts behind.

The Watts family have stuck their collective heads in the sand. Their son pled guilty to nine (9) charges. The charges are supported by facts and evidence, such as could lead to the Death Penalty. There has been more than enough in the media for the Watts family to know and understand that the prosecution can make and win their case. CW has accepted that this is true and acted accordingly, agreeing to a plea deal. Mama and Papa Watts need to close their mouths and open their ears and minds. Their son IS a monster, he did kill his pregnant wife, unborn son, and two daughters! He did hide the bodies in an horrific and shocking manner. He did attempt to cover up the crimes. There is NO conspiracy. There IS truth and there will BE justice. Instead of truly trying to help their son, they have created a circus and added to the suffering of the Rzucek family, and added to their own suffering. Like liltexans said; the Watts need counseling. Serious and long-term! I have to believe that when this is all over, the Rzucek family will heal, as much as is possible, because of the love, the forgiveness, the dignity, and the support. But the Watts family will never heal and will remain a festering wound!

Ok. I am trying to have a mature discussion and so I'm asking questions to better understand others' opinions. I find it very hurtful and upsetting that with every post I am jumped on and being misquoted constantly. I am so saddened by this group and what is being done to people like myself who are just curious and would like to post without constantly being berated and ridiculed. Just because I don't say what CW's mum said about SW was hurtful to her family doesn't mean I don't think it, but I shouldn't have to say it. I am so tired of trying to defend myself when all I've ever done is try and talk about the why of this case and I've never once excused CW's actions. Shanann wasn't perfect, no-one is. I will never comprehend how anyone could do this but it doesn't mean I'm not curious as to why in his mind he thought for 1 sec this was ok.
When you are having a conversation typing, its easy to misunderstand each other. You are asking questions or stating your opinion. People are responding by giving theirs. I don't think anyone is jumping on you, unless I have missed something.

I felt very badly for CW's family, especially his mother. At first. Then the public interviews and victim bashing started. Now I don't feel so badly for them. I agree
that no mother wants to believe the child she has loved and raised could do something so horrific. I, too, would be devastated if my child chose not to speak with me and explain his actions. I don't need to walk in her shoes to know this. But that doesn't mean I would need to blame the victims (or anyone else) because of my desperation. This would be unwarranted and insensitive to the victims and their families.

IMO, there is a reason she isn't getting the explanation she so desperately wants from her son. Sometimes there is simply no good answer one can give to their mother to justify annihilating their entire family. I hope that one day she will get the information she so desperately wants. In private. I hope she can come to terms with it. And, as a mother, I hope she believes he should suffer the consequences of his actions.

There is nothing judgemental or insensitive intended by me in believing this. Only anger and sadness that so many lives have been destroyed. For no good reason.

I think she also really won't want to hear the explanation. Knowing someone with NPD, I believe he will blame his mother and/or father as much as he tried to blame his wife for killing his family. People with NPD will NEVER take full responsibility for what they have done. Also, he is likely hating the fact that LE found evidence that disputed his version of events. The version that he has been telling his family. The version that was a complete fabrication, taking no responsibility for his actions. He wants to continue the charade with his parents. He doesn't want to look them in the eye and tell them that he lied to them about the killings and that the evidence will prove that he lied.

Wow. I cannot believe that anyone would think it's appropriate to write such a letter to a Judge! So uncouth. To request that he call them to assure them that he is receiving fair treatment and that his decision is not a result of inhumane treatment by his lawyers?! Did they torture him?
Naturally they referred them to a social worker. That would be the appropriate person to address any issues they have. Unbelievable.

Now back to read what else I missed while I've been running around getting ready for this snowstorm here that just started. I just brought in two days worth of firewood and now I'm about 70 posts behind.
Good luck with the snowstorm. Please be safe.

Yes, he went, mom and sister did not
I don’t think I knew that either.

That even looks worse to me to only have dad come. Glaring absence of mom.

And you know this was SO SO SO DISRESPECTFUL to Shannan. Yet Shannan obviously overcame this by allowing a relationship with her children and their paternal grandparents. And Mama Watts still can’t be satisfied.

I was discussing Cindy Watts and questioning reasons for the diagnosis. I think you may have misunderstood my line of thought. I appreciate you may not have an answer in this regard, therefore as it is out of the new TOS with regard to discussing SW I can't respond appropriately to the irony and hypocrisy you speak of, which is why I would prefer not to talk about her for the sake of peace in the group. I hope you can understand.

Yes. Cindy Watts has been bashing a murder victim. Her daughter in law.

RSBM

This headline really kinda sums up the ridiculosity of the Watts interviews since CW's plea.

This headline looks like one you might see on a cheap tabloid at your local grocery store checkout lane.

I'm afraid , if the Watts continue with these pitiful podcast ladies, that they will fall from news headlines and local tv station interviews and go straight to tabloid fodder-- if they are lucky enough to even rate that.

There has to be someone---anyone ? to get their full attention and explain why they need to stop the further damage they are heaping on Shannan's memory & her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member