Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@gitana1
12:23 "condition of Shan'ann"
gives disclaimer, not presenting facts, but trusts source
SW's body was in "quote" "Really really bad shape" lots of bruising, lots of contusions, lots of defensive wounds, the defensive wounds are indicative of a brutal struggle, and was readily apparent that she was strangled with bare hands.
---------------------------------------
She says all of that was from her notes from the source.

25:07 Host "Now I can confirm that there was no head wound, that my source was able to confirm"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA I'm not a fan of these people, just relating what they said they received from their sources.

Thank you.

I listened to the whole, entire, bizzaro, ridiculous, sad podcast. I don't believe these women are credible tonight. One of her sources close to the investigation said it was not the AP nor financial concerns - but the MLM that caused the whole thing. So please guys - don't put much if any stock in what they came out with tonight re ANYTHING. While I do fully believe they have a line to the CW family, I think their sources for these autopsies/investigation are dubious at best. They put out a lot of twilight zone type conspiracy theories (implicating the Thayers, etc)...it was garbage. I think we should wait for the real evidence and autopsy reports before we give MRS anymore of our time. I know I want my 45 minutes back! Okay, just my 2 cents as always.
Woodward and Bernstein they are not.
However the shoddy "reporting" of the podcaster/s deserves a Poolitzer prize for the steaming pile they served up.
moo

They were trying to "appear" in the action and thus become a party to it.

But they can't. However, as victims they have certain rights. I did check who was considered a victim per CO law and it was immediate family from what I could tell. So I thought they would not have access to certain things Shanann's family would have.

I guess I was wrong.

If they are considered victims per CO law, they would likely get info like access to the autopsy report, beforehand. Not a physical copy but maybe info from it.

If those gleeful podcasters are correct in their info I would think it came from CW's family or friends.

Could the social worker that was referred to in Mama Watts interview, and the judges order, be a victim's Advocate? Aren't victim Advocates usually social workers?

If they've had the victim's advocate for a time? I'm surprised they still refer to that person as a social worker instead of saying a victim's advocate. They did say that they were flown by the defense so it sounded like the court paid for it free of charge. Perhaps it was due to them being considered a victim that they did not have to pay the airfare?

I listened to the entire interview. One thing she said during the interview ...the death penalty doesn't matter. NOBODY dies in CO. I would add to that ..."Unless" they are married to your son or cross paths with ilk of that sort. MOO
I've been very troubled by Cindy Watts interviews, and have come to the conclusion that she's simply a cruel woman. Unless she can grow some compassion over the weekend for SW's family, I hope she stays home Monday. She still has all her life to visit her son on another day.

Yes, this is exactly what people like CW do. They are good at recognizing vulnerabilities and use that as their approach. They come across as being caring or compassionate but are really taking advantage of the perfect opportunity for manipulation and control. Just like the situation Shanann was in when he met her. Jmo

Thank you. This is exactly what I think. I really can't bear to read one more post that even hints that NK should have googled CW, or should have checked his social media, or should have searched the court records. They had been together for what, 6 to 8 weeks? And she was 30 years old. I've known women 20 years older than that who have been duped by men.

CW is a PREDATOR. He preys on the weak, the vulnerable, and the trusting. None of the women he dated, married, had affairs with, or whatever are to blame for any of CW's despicable actions. These women are victims. Period.

My mother is EXACTLY like this and would be behaving the same way if my brother (who recently went through a divorce with 3 kids) had murdered his wife and children. It's sick! My mother, who was abandoned at age 2 by her own mother and has a huge fear of abandonment. She is completely enmeshed with my brothers who are 32 and 34. When my brother was going through his divorce because he got caught cheating, the first thing my mom did was get on social media bad-mouthing his wife for all the world to see. There was so responsibility there and she taught my brothers that it's never their fault, that they are always right and that awful things only happen to them. I can hear my mom saying, she must have done something to cause it, if this were happening in my family and it's scary. I get the sense that that's where Cindy is at and I honestly don't know what could be done to help her change her thinking. My mother refuses to even hear it when we try to point it out and my brothers benefit from it so they'll never point it out. It's very sad to see this and to know that Cindy's road to recovery is going to last so long if she can't ever accept the truth. She may never accept it and in her mind she may always see it as Shanann's fault.
I think the first step on the road to recovery from denial must be to remove oneself of all the enablers. The ones who are enabling her to carry on seeing things in a twisted reality.

Her victims do not benefit from her enabling them, and she does not benefit from being enabled.

MOO

Won't they have to have their speech approved?

No, it doesn't have to be read or approved in advance by anyone. They can submit it in writing in advance or can submit it in writing at sentencing to be made part of the permanent record, if they want, but not required.

The Judge also has full reign to either keep them on task or end their statement, if they go off the rails. Having the right to make a statement doesn't mean the Court can't stop them, if necessary.

All MOO

Hi Everyone,

It has been a wild few days right?

About the woman, Nichol Kessinger, who came forward and honestly told her story of dating Chris.

Please remember there was nothing she could have found in a Google search or even a background check that would have given her a hint about
Chris Watts and what kind of person he was. He told her he had a wife and 2 kids. Granted he did say he was getting divorced but that doesn't mean the
divorce papers could be found online at the time. If Nicole asked Chris why the divorce papers were not online he would have come up with a very plausible.
explanation.

I would greatly appreciate if everyone would back off from their negative or judgemental comments about Nichol. She is living a nightmare. She doesn't need strangers judging her.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Tricia

I don't know if Nickole and Nichol will ever meet each other, but I think it's pretty great that they both played a huge part in nailing CW for his horrible crimes. Brought down by 2 smart women who share the same first name.

I would think /hope the autopsy would prove that the baby was CW's since they have his DNA. Hope we can close the books on that issue so none of CW defenders can go down that path.
I never implied that the baby was not CW's and I don't appreciate the linking of that train of thought to my post.

My post was in response to NuttMegg's post asking how CW would ever think he could explain away the pregnancy to NK once she heard that his missing wife, whom he didn't know at that point would be discovered dead, was pregnant.

Could the social worker that was referred to in Mama Watts interview, and the judges order, be a victim's Advocate? Aren't victim Advocates usually social workers? {snipped}

The Prosecutor's office connects with the main source of procedural victims' advocates in criminal cases: trained people who can liaison between law enforcement, the state's legal team, and surviving victims, usually as requested by the victims. There is also a national clearinghouse of crime victim advocates that works in local communities free-to-victims, independent of any legal office (prosecutor or defense). Victim Assistance | Attorney General - State of Colorado https://cdpsdocs.state.co.us/ovp/VRA/Crime_Victims_Rights_English22016.pdf (national)What is a Victim Advocate-

The Watts parents are clearly surviving victims of the crime of the deaths of their grandchildren, and I am relieved that their impact statements will be accepted at the sentencing because it ensures that they are receiving their legal rights in this regard and are not being kept out of the process, reducing opportunities for legal/technical error that could keep harmful statements about the other victims in the public media for a longer period of time.

An advocate would likely advise them to focus specifically on how CW's actions in the death of their grandchildren impacted them. An advocate may also not want to give them advice or direction, given their massive grief and that it is so close to the time of trauma.

I personally would not like for any of the other surviving victims to have to hear anything other than or beyond the Watts parents addressing the harm and pain their son has caused them. It doesn't seem likely they will refrain though, if they do give a statement. Hopefully they will have several people review it before they make their final decision.

I think CW (mom of CW) is in shock and heartbroken and doesn't know what to do. Albeit she apparently never liked Shannan, I think her concern is the life her son is going to live from here on out. She's not going about it (her vocalization) the right way by bashing Shannan. That angers people. I think if she would just say she too is devastated and loves her son unconditionally and can't help him with this and doesn't understand how this could have happened, people would empathize with her.

I can honestly see where CW learned his behavior. (lying) This family doesn't appear to know the truth or maybe just if their lips are moving, they are lying.
The family's whole attitude is horrifying. I can actually kind of understand how CW did this being raised by such morally bankrupt parents. Disgusting all the way around.

Thank you. This is exactly what I think. I really can't bear to read one more post that even hints that NK should have googled CW, or should have checked his social media, or should have searched the court records. They had been together for what, 6 to 8 weeks? And she was 30 years old. I've known women 20 years older than that who have been duped by men.

CW is a PREDATOR. He preys on the weak, the vulnerable, and the trusting. None of the women he dated, married, had affairs with, or whatever are to blame for any of CW's despicable actions. These women are victims. Period.
Well said. Even in today's "connected world" most people probably don't go beyond FB, in looking things up, and he had shut his FB page down. I believe it would take some time in a relationship, some commitment, and something that seemed odd or out of place to trigger curiosity and a search. NK was a young woman who met someone, liked them, believed them, and she behaved normally. And then she did the right thing at the right time. She should be respected and protected, not attacked. CW IS a PREDATOR, a LIAR, and a MANIPULATOR. He is the one to be loathed!

The more they say, they don't just sound like awful people, they are awful people.
The podcast people are idiots. At the end of the thing (so not worth listening to), they start going on about how it would be difficult to put the girls in two separate oil tanks, so there may have been a "third" person who helped him with the crime, and "someone" agreed with them and said yes, they thought so. And why is CW confessing to this if "someone else" did it. They are just so "open minded" that they are "throwing it out there." That an "unidentified assailant" could have also been there. And DNA could show that but they don't have a lot of faith in the "skill set" of the Weld County coroner's officer and were they "even looking" for other DNA and "how deep did they go" - I wish I was exaggerating on this drivel. I'm sorry, I had to turn it off. I cannot take her voice. I can't believe they just spew this insanity without repercussions.

I already anticipate having to take many deep breaths on Monday morning. If they choose to, once again, blame Shanann at this proceeding, I may need oxygen, lol. MOO

I have known men who could not wait to get out of their marriages and move on with their lives (and be with other women).

However they would never kill their kids (or wives), ever.

I’m just saying this as I reflect on some men I know and I’m reminded of how “excited” they suddenly were to be with these new women and be free from the other women whom they blame for everything (“she this, she that..”).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper