Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending positive thoughts to Shanann’s family. I can not even imagine how hard this must be for them to not jump across the seats and pound him.

(I always think about this in other cases too, families and others with murdered children and loved ones, how on earth they maintain their composure...)

Last edited:
At the 8:15 mark (Video in the link)
Extended Interview: Cindy Watts, Chris Watts' mother, questions son's plea deal

CW picked his Dad up at the airport and they drove to the police station.

CW's Mom said, "And Chris still didn't say anything to him. Nothing. He had already been interrogated seven hours prior to that...and he was going in for another interrogation."

Then she says, "The next thing, after five hours, they called Ronnie and said, your son wants to talk to you before he tells us anything. And that's when Christopher broke down and cried and said, 'I'm sorry Dad,' he said, 'I went into a rage and I killed her after she killed CeCe and Bella.'"

But then she says this: "He found out where he was but they wouldn't let him see him." ? o_O

Then she says, "So, he was going back to the airport when his public defender called him and told him to come back."

"So, that's when Ronnie met his public defender. And, so, talked to her for awhile and uh, they kept in touch with us and let us know what's going on."

"The next update I got was Ronnie called Jamie and told them they found their bodies."
Something in the milk ain't clean...

Hullo all, long-time lurker here who just had to make an account now that we're seeing the end of the home run. I've been captivated by this case and desperate to see justice done ever since those first porch interviews - CW was so obviously lying through his teeth, and so very badly, too, that his guilt or involvement seemed inevitable to me. I'm so glad to see Shanann and the kids finally getting the justice they so richly deserve, and to get answers to the piles of unanswered questions we all have. And to see the end to the rather unprecedented amounts of victim-blaming and trash talk that have cropped up around this case.

I'll be checking in tomorrow/later today and trying desperately to get on a stream that'll work for us Europeans, too. :)

I'm so glad we're all on Shanann and her family's side.
I know tomorrow will be painful and I'm hopeful that SW's friends and family may find comfort and some peace to know that there are so many out there who truly care about the victims and are not interested in lascivious gossip put out by a few freaks. What a horror for her family. That monster had no right to destroy the lives of so many innocent victims.

Edited to add a moo.

Hullo all, long-time lurker here who just had to make an account now that we're seeing the end of the home run. I've been captivated by this case and desperate to see justice done ever since those first porch interviews - CW was so obviously lying through his teeth, and so very badly, too, that his guilt or involvement seemed inevitable to me. I'm so glad to see Shanann and the kids finally getting the justice they so richly deserve, and to get answers to the piles of unanswered questions we all have. And to see the end to the rather unprecedented amounts of victim-blaming and trash talk that have cropped up around this case.

I'll be checking in tomorrow/later today and trying desperately to get on a stream that'll work for us Europeans, too. :)

Welcome DangerousBeans :)

Glad you can be here with us when they throw away the key to this monster!!!

Last edited:
@Thepoet asked me last thread what the impact of victim impact statements have on sentencing.

IMO, the only impact they usually have when there's a plea deal is in the comments the court makes when handing down the sentence.

In other news, I might not be here during sentencing. I do have a brief hearing in the a.m.

Any bets on what the Watts parents will say I think their victim impact statements?

My predication at this point is they will talk about their own suffering as victims losing their grandkids. They are aware of all the comments put there I think and will try to redeem themselves by mentioning special things about Bella and CeCe and how much they love them.

They will talk mostly about how shocking this is. How their son has always been a good, decent person who dearly loved and provided for his children. They will talk about what a good family they have, or allude to it - "We are average people who love our kids, close family. There's never been a hint of trouble."

They will talk about how much they love CW and always will and maybe how they have to accept the plea but will never understand and because this isn't the son they know. So while they accept he has pled guilty they will always have questions and maybe even that they can't accept that he actually did what he pled to.

I have a feeling they won't mention Shanann much. They MIGHT say something kind about her family and their suffering. Like they pray for them and feel for them.

Because they've been advised I don't think they will cause a scene or blame Shanann. Not outright. But I have a feeling the implication that she's at fault or triggered the murders will be there but not implicitly said.

What do you all think?

Agree! I think Mrs Watts dislike of SW is so intense she won't be able to hide it. She may make comments again that her son changed in recent years etc.. Again implying SW did this to him.

That reminds me of something Cindy says in her interviews...she says she was not at all worried when SW and her small grandchildren went missing AT ALL because she was sure SW had taken them away to “punish” her son. Yet, in another interview she says her son could never kill his children and that’s SW was dangerous and she believed her son that she killed them. So, which is it, Cindy? If SW was so unstable, dangerous, why did you have not a care in the world that your grandchildren might be unsafe off with her if she was trying to punish your son? Huh? I find this revealing that I am sure she did not consider SW dangerous NOR capable of hurting her own children until her son “confessed” SW killed them to save himself. Then, Cindy remembers SW as someone who could definitely do this. Nice. Hope this makes sense as I try to type this out with my thumbs on my phone! :)

Woah well spotted!

I think she has been pulling the strings pretty hard. Ugh.
I guess it takes lots of time to bash pregnant murder victims ... Poor Shanann.
moo

Maybe I'm cynical, but I've continuously wondered how much of the hateful comments about Shanann have been astroturfed by CW's family, and how many came to be simply because someone "got the pump started" and showed it was a-okay to even say things like that online about the victim. Acknowledging that victims are human and fallible just like the rest of us is understandable, but some of the stuff said about SW is really truly beyond the pale and absolutely baseless. MOO.

When I first saw CW's porch interviews, I already knew a few details of the backstory. I already knew that his wife was seen on video entering the home, around 2 am. But she was not seen leaving the home with the girls. And her car and car seats were still there.

So I was already suspicious when I watched him talking to the press. And I knew, after seeing him grinning and acting so casual, that he was involved somehow.

But I showed the interview to my daughter, not telling her anything but that his wife and kids were missing, and she knew immediately too. She said 'he's not even sad or worried .'

Maybe I'm cynical, but I've continuously wondered how much of the hateful comments about Shanann have been astroturfed by CW's family, and how many came to be simply because someone "got the pump started" and showed it was a-okay to even say things like that online about the victim. Acknowledging that victims are human and fallible just like the rest of us is understandable, but some of the stuff said about SW is really truly beyond the pale and absolutely baseless. MOO.
ITA. And its a shame. The destruction caused by Baby Bates is horrific.

Ok... I think I am ready to make my prediction about CW speaking tomorrow. I don't think he will. I'm in the "he's a coward" camp. I was intrigued for a moment with
@MsBetsy 's thought that if Mama Watts isn't there he may speak. I still think he's too much of a worthless coward. Thankfully tomorrow is my day off!!

When I first saw CW's porch interviews, I already knew a few details of the backstory. I already knew that his wife was seen on video entering the home, around 2 am. But she was not seen leaving the home with the girls. And her car and car seats were still there.

So I was already suspicious when I watched him talking to the press. And I knew, after seeing him grinning and acting so casual, that he was involved somehow.

But I showed the interview to my daughter, not telling her anything but that his wife and kids were missing, and she knew immediately too. She said 'he's not even sad or worried .'

I knew he did it the moment during the porch interviews where he spoke in the past tense eg 'Bella WAS starting school'

He clearly knew they weren't coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67