Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that is true.
Here, we don't know from day to day what to expect.
Today it is just beautiful and sunny, tomorrow it is going to pour: a great day to be on Websleuths for sentencing, and DA's report.
I certainly hope, I don't need to stand on one leg, trying to get reception, leaning out of the window, like our poor Brisbane person.:):):)
OW! That had to hurt, lol.

I just checked the guide on my tv for tomorrow.

HLN has dedicated 3 hours of programming to CW’s sentencing.

It is Titled “Colorado Family Murders: Chris Watts Sentencing.”

Coverage begins at 10:AM Local time, noon on the east coast.

Yeah. You’re right. There would certainly be examples that could be used in order to humanize him somewhat.

My belief is that these actions were simply part of a mask he wore, one which he was able to fool countless people.

He could have been Mother Teresa, and it wouldn’t impact his sentencing, nor make him something other than a monster.
Agree. I can see him helping someone move or do something car-related. But anything charity-related, or unselfish, or just truly caring in his heart about others? No.

Oh no. Certainly not. His sentence is written in stone, and has been since he pleaded guilty.

It will simply be a public relations effort on their part, one that is destined to failure.
I didn't mean to imply you thought it would lessen his sentence. I am just so fed up with this crap, I can hardly look at those kids without imagining the monster, I said a long time ago on this board I wish there could be a button we as a society could push to get rid of the Chris Watts and the John Coueys, just get rid of them when it becomes obvious what they did. Watts killed 2 little girls, their Mom and brother to be, Couey buried little Jessica alive after raping her for days and saying she liked it. I can hardly sleep and can't wait until he's in the slammer for good.

Last edited:
I just checked the guide on my tv for tomorrow.

HLN has dedicated 3 hours of programming to CW’s sentencing.

It is Titled “Colorado Family Murders: Chris Watts Sentencing.”

Coverage begins at 10:AM Local time, noon on the east coast.
Thanks Mass, I will check to see if I have HLN on my tv, I hope so.

I am remembering the video someone posted of Shannan dancing with her friends. She was having fun and seemed like a happy go lucky person, someone I’d be privileged to have had as a friend. I hope tomorrow she will be dancing up in heaven with her little girls when they get justice.

I'm never going to get caught up on this thread so apologies if this is all old information. Just wanted to try and answer a few questions I've seen regarding statements tomorrow.

1. People making statements can't address CW specifically. It's not uncommon to see people do it anyway, because it's so emotional. Most of the time the Judge will try and re-direct people. The purpose of the statement isn't to speak to the defendant. It's to speak to the Judge. The Judge will usually try and give some leeway, but also to keep it focused on the purpose.

2. Friends can usually make a statement. They do NOT fall under the victim rights amendment, but at sentencing the court will hear from both sides that means the defense and prosecution can call whoever they want to make statements. In order to keep sentencing from lasting indefinitely the court will set some guidelines. (The Watts could make a statement from the defense side, not sure if the PD said we won't be calling you to speak OR they worried they wouldn't, so they had the court clarify their rights to make a statement under the VRA).

3. I have seen Judges be swayed by statements at sentencing. That's usually when there are things open for the Judge to rule on. Say a range of prison time or what have you. There are multiple consecutive life sentences here. The Judge can't be so moved by the Watts statement he gives a few years in prison, that's not an option.

Am I making any sense? Bleh and MOO

Thanks pocket, I will be home to watch it. I hope to see some remorse and shame on his face but not holding out much hope.
Prepare dinner early, tell your family you won't be eating with them. Instruct them not to bother you or look in your way for at least 2 hours. Take a break after the sentencing, and come back for press conference. :)

I now remember that! I actually had a big long response typed to them, and deleted the whole thing. It would have gotten me a time out for sure. :eek:
It must have been very difficult to hear all that. I'm sure Shanann would be so grateful to know how much her friends and even people who never knew her are fighting to make sure she and her children get justice and people know who she truly was! I believe she would have done the same. Imo

Five hours after he went to the police station he was called back?
I'm confused!
Dad called back to meet CW's public defender on Thursday, not Wednesday.

He arrived from NC late morning Wednesday, and was at PD until late in the night waiting for CW. NC to Denver is anywhere from 4.5 - 7 hour flight one way! I believe it improbable he made round trip in one day!

I really hope for everyone's sake that you're right, @margarita25 . And I could be totally wrong here, but given my experience with my ex-husband and former in-laws who remind me so much of the Watts family, I just can't help thinking they might really cause some drama tomorrow. I simply don't think Chris and Mother Watts are capable of behaving better. I hope you are right and I am wrong, though. It would be nice to see some decorum and respect tomorrow.

(Which is exactly why it’s a good reason I will not go tomorrow because if anyone victim bashed I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut and probably get charged with contempt and I’d have to call @gitana1 to bail me out.)

Dad called back to meet CW's public defender on Thursday, not Wednesday.

He arrived from NC late morning Wednesday, and was at PD until late in the night waiting for CW. NC to Denver is anywhere from 4.5 - 7 hour flight one way! I believe it improbable he made round trip in one day!
Did he stay at the CW/SW house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member