Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I had a great view of CW’s back, I can tell you the female attorney actually reached over with a flat hand and rubbed it gently across his upper back several times. I’m almost positive I cursed out loud when I saw that. I know I cringed.
Ugh. "Poor Little Chris" I'd have surely cursed outloud!

Since I had a great view of CW’s back, I can tell you the female attorney actually reached over with a flat hand and rubbed it gently across his upper back several times. I’m almost positive I cursed out loud when I saw that. I know I cringed.

I hope he enjoyed it as that will be the last time he will feel a woman touch him.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Especially given how hard it must have been for you today.

True but a lot may have happened in that time. Shanann may have insisted on speaking to the girls and become suspicious. Her friend Nicole may have come inside if they returned during the day. He may have had to dispose of the bodies during two separate trips.
I think there would be a lot more that could have gone wrong. Jmo. Edited, oh I just realized you meant he could have waited to kill all three. I guess he could have, but I still think he would have considered it a risk. Shanann may have found out they didn't go to school. Her friend probably would have come inside if they were suspicious. I think he was counting on everything going as planned, as he had called the co- worker to make arrangements and the girls were starting school. Imo
If nothing else we learned today thinking ahead is not this guy’s strong suit. I was blown away today when I heard the girls had been smothered. Iwas certain they had been strangled since that’s how he said SW killed them. Why, why, why wouldn’t he say she smothered them, or he had no idea how she killed them? I knew he was an idiot, and I still gave him too much credit.

I think the initial view of the neighbors camera just showed the truck backing in, and that’s what was reported in the affadavit. I spoke w/him today and he had more tape that he reviewed and found footage showing CW moving from house to truck 3 separate times. The Da told him the footage was going to be released publiclly. Not sure when, but hopefully soon.

Awful. Horrific. F*ck.

If nothing else we learned today thinking ahead is not this guy’s strong suit. I was blown away today when I heard the girls had been smothered. Iwas certain they had been strangled since that’s how he said SW killed them. Why, why, why wouldn’t he say she smothered them, or he had no idea how she killed them? I knew he was an idiot, and I still gave him too much credit.
It does not bear thinking about how a man smothered his little girls with his bare hands. Horrific.

I'm realizing now what Shanann's seemingly joking comment on FB about him eating steak "like a bachelor" was probably about... He probably fed her some BS about treating himself to a nice steakhouse dinner when she asked him about those charges on the CC. She truly was just trying to stay positive even in the face of growing evidence that something was up. She wanted to believe him, give him the benefit of the doubt. Ugh :mad:
Now we know he probably WAS telling Shanann he wanted to separate in the weeks leading up to the murders. The books on trying to save the marriage and her telling her family they might separate(according to her mom's co-worker at the salon) plus her telling her friend she would need her support when she returned home. These things indicate they had been discussing it. I think CW was tired of discussing it, perhaps upset and even enraged that she didn't just acquiesce. Perhaps upset at emotion and sadness she probably expressed, I can understand if she was begging him to change his mind. I think she went to NC also to give him some time to miss them and change his mind. And he had had enough. He wanted out And that was that. Shanann wasn't listening and NK would find out soon he was a big fat liar.
I havent been so moved by a case in many years. Yesterday was a long day, and when I finally came home from work and watched the sentencing I couldn't stop crying. I feel like we've all waited so long to hear the truth and now that we have its worse than we imagined.
I feel so very bad for her family and friends. Like her dad said at the end of his statement: "Shanann was excited for justice to be served today". I believe she really told him that, I believe in those things. I hope she also knew about all the people here on WS and around the world who were excited for the same.

eTA
If Shannan was telling her family they might separate and was very suspicious of his activities then perhaps she was beginning to accept he wanted out. But he never knew that and if he had given her a little more time he could have had what he wanted. But in his mind it was too late and he needed them gone so as not to lose NK

Last edited:
I was hoping he used pillows so they would never see their father's evil face taking their lives.
When I watched the interview, I noticed this "mark" on his neck. I always thought it could look like a bite mark (or a hickey). Not sure, if it was ever relevant. I asked myself how this bite mark (if it was one) could have beend inflicted on him and thought of him, lay down on one or both of the girls. But than we got to know that they were strangled and it made no sense at all. But this thought returned when I heard he "smothered" them. Anyway... this is so unbelievable gruesome and horrific. I hope they didn't notice, that it was daddy.

This will take a long time to get this out of my mind. :(

Re recovering texts

I find that media use this term quite loosely in reporting.

If they were SMS perhaps they can be recovered from the phone company as the data lay on their network.

However often what is called "text messages" is actually WhatsApp

WhatsApp has end to end encryption, so typically recovery will be via one of the phones, or via cloud backups that many users run.

Same applies to other services such as Telegram.

It was said in the press conference that she deleted texts before she went to the police. I don’t know why she did it since it could all be recovered anyway. But she did.

Well, I am sure that it was a reaction response, to scrub him away, and disappear everything having to do with him. Shudder. That poor woman, must have thought that she could have been implicated in this mess.

I really feel sorry for her. She must feel so creeped out, possibly guilty, and to have been with a killer...ugh. shudder.

At it's heart I think this case is actually far more banal and obvious than I first realised.

Man has affair, murders his wife is the oldest of plot lines.

He did not snap. He planned it in advance.

It's clear he had begun to paint himself into a corner with lies to his AP that could not be maintained much longer. Perhaps what began as a fantasy to be free of his family evolved into something that he thought he could get away with. Heaven knows there are enough famous examples of people getting away with this stuff for years or never being caught when the bodies don't turn up. I think he thought he had the perfect hiding place, and that he would have days to stage everything just right.

The thing about this "perfect dad" is that he is a liar and a fake. He was obviously good at fooling people. But these people often are.

I suspect he despised his wife. He only spoke positively of the kids afterwards. And that is the unusual aspect of the case. How far he was prepared to go.

But everything was disposable to him.

Well, I am sure that it was a reaction response, to scrub him away, and disappear everything having to do with him. Shudder. That poor woman, must have thought that she could have been implicated in this mess.

I really feel sorry for her. She must feel so creeped out, possibly guilty, and to have been with a killer...ugh. shudder.

Yes - i would not blame her too much.

At the time she did it, she did not know he was a murderer.

Probably she was scared and humiliated.

At it's heart I think this case is actually far more banal and obvious than I first realised.

Man has affair, murders his wife is the oldest of plot lines.

He did not snap. He planned it in advance.

It's clear he had begun to paint himself into a corner with lies to his AP that could not be maintained much longer. Perhaps what began as a fantasy to be free of his family evolved into something that he thought he could get away with. Heaven knows there are enough famous examples of people getting away with this stuff for years or never being caught when the bodies don't turn up. I think he thought he had the perfect hiding place, and that he would have days to stage everything just right.

The thing about this "perfect dad" is that he is a liar and a fake. He was obviously good at fooling people. But these people often are.

I suspect he despised his wife. He only spoke positively of the kids afterwards. And that is the unusual aspect of the case. How far he was prepared to go.

But everything was disposable to him.

I don't think he despised his wife-I think that would imply some kind of feelings towards her and I don't think he had any at the time of her death. I think that's one of the main reasons he was able to do what he did to his family. He may have cared about his girls the way that someone can be fond of something that was once useful and meaningful to them, but I'm not sure it extended much more beyond that. Even when he spoke about the girls, he did so with a weird, family sitcom style of detachment that offered little more than superficial insights to them-characteristics that could be applied to almost any toddler in the country.

I think the DA was right: CW didn't show remorse today, only pathetic regret for the sorry future he now has in the penal system.

I lost track of the number of times one of the defense attorneys rubbed CW’s back or patted him on the shoulder, but each time it happened I cringed. Pretty sure I swore under my breath a couple of times.

I can empathise this would be hard to see!

There are interesting stories about lawyers / guards etc who spend time with people who have committed heinous crimes.

It seems it is a very human reaction to show empathy and help even monsters find the courage to face the gallows.

IIRC there was a very interesting account of Saddam Hussein's jailers in that context.

It's not that they liked the guy or feel sorry for him. But as a emotionally functional human, the weight of justice is hard to experience

I don't think he despised his wife-I think that would imply some kind of feelings towards her and I don't think he had any at the time of her death.

I say it mainly because of the mode of murder. it's an intensely personal way to kill, frequently associated with sexual assault. In this case there was no other assault. But I do wonder if he did not experience a rush from it.

It could also be as you say. She was nothing to him and it meant nothing to him.

I think that's one of the main reasons he was able to do what he did to his family. He may have cared about his girls the way that someone can be fond of something that was once useful and meaningful to them, but I'm not sure it extended much more beyond that. Even when he spoke about the girls, he did so with a weird, family sitcom style of detachment that offered little more than superficial insights to them-characteristics that could be applied to almost any toddler in the country.

I think the DA was right: CW didn't show remorse today, only pathetic regret for the sorry future he now has in the penal system.

Yes. That is the nature of these monsters.

He showed only fear for himself.

Most of these guys are idiots.

Some just get lucky that the bodies aren't discovered, of that there is some evidential quirk to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro