Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was hateful and I felt like (some) people were bending over backwards because she was an "Insider." She made horrible malicious insinuations about CW's VICTIM and really stoked the flames.
thank goodness someone finally said it. Those posts made my blood boil.
then I would feel bad, briefly, because I felt I wasn't being open to possibilities and shouldnt dismiss what was said because it was a VI. I'm glad I was closeminded

When I watched the interview, I noticed this "mark" on his neck. I always thought it could look like a bite mark (or a hickey). Not sure, if it was ever relevant. I asked myself how this bite mark (if it was one) could have beend inflicted on him and thought of him, lay down on one or both of the girls. But than we got to know that they were strangled and it made no sense at all. But this thought returned when I heard he "smothered" them. Anyway... this is so unbelievable gruesome and horrific. I hope they didn't notice, that it was daddy.

This will take a long time to get this out of my mind. :(

Maybe it was a hickey and it helped start the 'emotional' argument?

I can empathise this would be hard to see!

There are interesting stories about lawyers / guards etc who spend time with people who have committed heinous crimes.

It seems it is a very human reaction to show empathy and help even monsters find the courage to face the gallows.

IIRC there was a very interesting account of Saddam Hussein's jailers in that context.

It's not that they liked the guy or feel sorry for him. But as a emotionally functional human, the weight of justice is hard to experience

It's weird because you DO sometimes form, if not relationships exactly, then bonds because you're both going through something big together at the same time.

My mom works for the criminal justice system in our state. She sits on several boards (including the human trafficking commission), but she's mostly been an educator within the jails themselves. She works on a personal level with the prisoners, both juveniles and adults, and provides GED and computer classes (adults) and high school courses (youth). Well, she oversees these programs now, but she used to be the actual teacher. Mom's always had a way with the "bad" kids, even when she was just a regular elementary school teacher. She's able to reach a lot of kids who get lost between the cracks and they absolutely love her. Some of her former students are now in the prison system and will be there for life, but they still send her letters thanking her for the time she brought them a cake to class for their birthday (she had some who had literally never celebrated their birthday before) or for teaching them to read.

It's a little weird, but it's been useful as well. There was a stream of awful home invasions/robberies a few years ago. Three houses within 2 blocks of us got hit. A few weeks later a group was arrested for it. One of them ended up in her class. Mom made some kind of comment about how she was glad they didn't get our house and the guy was like, "Oh, yeah, we weren't allowed to." Apparently, someone higher up in the command chain had a brother who Mom had once bought commissary for. Word was out all over town that nobody was meant to bother either her nor I.

JMO but I feel like, without signs of a struggle, he may have killed SW first. As a mom, I know that I would peek in on the girls or kiss their heads when I get home from a trip. If they were already gone, I would think she would have lost it with him and there would have been a fight. I know I would have. I would never come home and go straight to bed without at least checking on my kids that I haven’t seen for a day or 2.

ETA-i have no idea where this falls In the conversation, This is only my second post, so sorry if this is off topic! I need to catch up!

He must have been so high on love for his mistress and the prospect of their future together, and thought his story of their leaving was so good, that he hadn't thought it through carefully enough. His story always sounded to me like he made it up as he went along. It never made sense. Although apparently it rang true to some. Imo
Yes how weird to say the girls were strangled when he knew damn well they were not. Why wouldnt he say she was smothering them? Subconsciously sabotaging himself from guilt? Stupidity? His lies went beyond

JMO but I feel like, without signs of a struggle, he may have killed SW first. As a mom, I know that I would peek in on the girls or kiss their heads when I get home from a trip. If they were already gone, I would think she would have lost it with him and there would have been a fight. I know I would have. I would never come home and go straight to bed without at least checking on my kids that I haven’t seen for a day or 2.

ETA-i have no idea where this falls In the conversation, This is only my second post, so sorry if this is off topic! I need to catch up!

I totally agree with you. And welcome to WS. Good first post.

I'm behind again as usual, so many posts I haven't got around to reading yet, but while I catch up with that, I forgot to say before that I came away with the impression that he wasn't sentenced on the two additional charges of murder of children under 12 by a person in a position of trust. I thought the judge said something (haven't gone back yet to re-listen) confusing about not being applicable to charges x and y, and this again was confirmed in my mind (by omission) during the presser when I think the DA didn't mention that aspect of his sentence. I hope I'm making sense.

I see where you're coming from and it certainly does make her role in this seem darker but unless these other co-workers spoke to her directly about him and the affair, how do they know what CW told her about his marriage and family? How do they know if she even cared to snoop on SW sm? And if she was aware of the pregnancy then I will have to re think my opinion of her. In that case Idc what he told her; any decent woman would back off. And even if he said some b.s. that the baby wasn't his, she should still have backed off until she could confirm it

It is naive to believe she did not know he was married.

She probably knew about the pregnancy as well.

The only plausible explanation for her actions is if she loved him.

If NK really had fallen hard for a married man with two kids and a pregnant wife, I feel sorry for her. The anticlimax is horrible.

I was not in a position to view the trial, but I think I got a lot from the WS posts, so thank you all.
About SW's bra. I remember NAU mentioning that SW was unusually tired during the trip.
It could be so that, exhausted by the pregnancy and the trip, SW just didn't change her clothes. Her T-shirt or bra.
It does not look like SW, but she might have crashed simply because she was so tired; hence, the bra.

I'm so torn between being heartbroken reading everything and thus skipping pages, and wanting more answers. I hate myself sometimes.

Poor Bella. Poor sweet little girl.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the paper bags around Shanann's hands? Or how Nico would be partially expelled from his mom?

I’m thinking NK probably met the girls and stayed the night in SW house many times while the girls were sleeping, perhaps they woke up and saw their Dad in bed with her and threatened to tell SW. I don’t see CW as being very discreet around the girls as I don’t think he cared.
I don't think she knew him long enough for it to be "many times". It seems the bulk of their relationship took place while Shanann and the girls were in NC. Any other time in the 8 weeks they were together Shanann was more than likely to be home. Except for that final weekend

My reply was in relation to speculation that the girls would have met her and she may have stayed over while the girls were there. I don't think there would have been the opportunity as the girls were in NC with Shanann for the bulk of the time.
Oh, I was referring to him bringing her to the house while they were gone, that's why I was confused. But yes, I don't think he would have brought her there when the girls were there, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77