Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe I gave NK the benefit of the doubt. She claimed she didn’t know he was married yet her google searches prove otherwise. She searched for “man in in affair with says he will leave his wife”. And the whole Amber Frey thing.. wow just wow. She has definetly lost all credibility and trust imo. I truly hope she is not able to profit from this in anyway.

I cannot believe I gave NK the benefit of the doubt. She claimed she didn’t know he was married yet her google searches prove otherwise. She searched for “man in in affair with says he will leave his wife”. And the whole Amber Frey thing.. wow just wow. She has definetly lost all credibility and trust imo. I truly hope she is not able to profit from this in anyway.
I now understand why Rourke called her out in the press conference. She is going to hard a hard life for quite a while, any one who knows her is going to be interested in her affair with him.

Yes. Appears she was curious about what Amber got paid for her book deal.

I’m sorry but I’m not buying NK any more. She told investigators she repeatedly encouraged CW to go away and fix his marriage. I’m not so sure about that. MOO
It doesn't seem believable. I mean how convenient. She was such a selfless person she told the man "I love you", but encouraged him repeatedly to work on his marriage.

There were other discrepancies in addition to the web search dates - in first interview she stated shed only ever been to his house once. That later changed to twice.

Moo

It’s actually 23 hours in most prisons (US) that have protective custody, but your point still applies.

Lights out like Whitey Bulger.
That's what I originally thought but another poster said that the prisoners all have jobs and don't have to go back to their cells until sometime in the evening. Which is it, does anyone know? I think being able to socialize and work with others all day is a privilege. It keeps one sane. I thought he would be locked in his cell all day with an hour for exercise and yard time plus meals.

The searches for the Audi etc really do suggest the motive was money

Reminds me a bit of the Lundy murders

He was away on business, snuck back to his own house dressed up as a woman, and murdered his wife and daughter

Primary motive was insurance money and he had financial problems

Lundy murders - Wikipedia

It doesn't seem believable. I mean how convenient. She was such a selfless person she told the man "I love you", but encouraged him repeatedly to work on his marriage.

There were other discrepancies in addition to the web search dates - in first interview she stated shed only ever been to his house once. That later changed to twice.

Moo
Where does it say she told him to work on his marriage?! I thought she told him to concentrate on getting his kids adjusted to the divorce. Why would she want him to work on the marriage? Do you know the page number?

Last edited:
Righto. Well I am up to page 469.

It seems to me like the Aspen trip Chris was researching was for him and Shanann, she was aware they were going.

I wonder if he was planning for an 'accident' to happen to her there, but then something happened when she arrived back from her business trip (I would guess she immediately raised the discrepancy in the cost for the Saturday night dinner), argument ensues, children wake up and the rest is a horrible, disgusting history

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I can't keep up , so much information out now

It seems to me like the Aspen trip Chris was researching was for him and Shanann, she was aware they were going.

I wonder if he was planning for an 'accident' to happen to her there, but then something happened when she arrived back from her business trip (I would guess she immediately raised the discrepancy in the cost for the Saturday night dinner), argument ensues, children wake up and the rest is a horrible, disgusting history

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I can't keep up , so much information out now

I think he might have kept working on it as a cover story

he made booking arrangements after he killed her

Im way behind again as i needed to step away after Monday to get some air and push away the sadness. I believe there were other APs, but they werent relevant to why CW did what he did. He may have had other APs but none of them were serious enough for him to leave his family. Before NK, he still wanted his family and the new baby, regardless of any outsiders. But to him NK was different and he spent alot more time with her in a short span than any other AP, thanks to his family being in NC. He told NK he loved her so that was that. He wanted out, no matter how many books, begging and babies Shanann was giving him...
MOO

Where does it say she told him to work on his marriage?! I thought she told him to concentrate on getting his kids adjusted to the divorce. Why would she want him to work on the marriage?
I think it was in the FBI interview...she said she questioned why he would want to leave after seeing a family photo...also made some comment about thinking he had a beautiful life and wanted him to try and fix it.

Also says multiple times CW never said anything bad about SW, but makes several disparaging remarks about her being bossy, etc.

Eta: discovery page 569-570
Moo

Incredible that mere hours after murdering his entire family he was shopping for a new house.

The FBI must have been a rude shock for this clown

To be fair, the main thing that separates CW from other more intractable cases is in those cases the bodies took a long time to find (Redwine), or indeed like DeOrr has never been found.

Sometimes these clowns simply get lucky. But often the plan is no more sophisticated than "oh they've disappeared into thin air"

The searches for the Audi etc really do suggest the motive was money

Reminds me a bit of the Lundy murders

He was away on business, snuck back to his own house dressed up as a woman, and murdered his wife and daughter

Primary motive was insurance money and he had financial problems

Lundy

Agree and negates the speculation that Shanann was solely responsible for their financial mess. He was a willing participant and already thinking about spending money he didn’t have

Sure one of the lawyers here will correct me if I am wrong, but
I believe the handwritten notes provided by people who were part of the investigation conducting interviews are there because all these documents [including the notes] are part of the 'discovery' documents that would have been provided to the defense if the case had gone to trial. LE throughout the whole inquiry period are conscious they are creating a 'record' that needs to stand up to scrutiny by 'the other side'.

The defense would have pored over these docs to check for errors/mistakenly transcribed notes, notes that had been omitted from the typed up documents etc., or anything that appeared to be added to the typed up version that did not appear on the written notes. This list is not exhaustive or exclusive.
Yes, I've seen evidence like this documented in so many cases, some from many years ago can still be found
But this is definitely the first time I have seen a case resolved so quickly and the documents released so fast! Usually you are waiting years.
You can still read all the evidence and interviews on line in the Golden State Killer case. It takes months to read it all.

This part is interesting in terms of the method of murder

'But nothing about him alarmed me until he tried to choke me. That freaked me out. He had a rape fantasy. He was very kinky.'

Often in these cases you will see signs of overkill where control is lost - but he seems to have been a much more controlled and organised killer.

Actually, screw that. Discovery page 573 interview with NK. He told her he would be in 'the field, not the office' Monday morning. He planned it for that weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21