GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #60

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But NK did not even work with CW at that time. If he hooked up with her sooner, why the third kid with SW?

Of course, they might have met accidentally, and then she got interested in his family, or perhaps it was unrelated to CW at all?

I am thinking under what circumstances I would be sleuthing an unknown person. One of the answers is, if she is not unlike me in looks, but dresses much better, I'd probably try to copy her style.

Or maybe Thrive is popular in CO?

See, I was wondering this last night in bed. When did NK start working at Anadarko on that contract? I was thinking maybe that's when she was hired, and she noticed him and like what she saw, so she checked him outline to see what the deal was. Perhaps seeing he was "happily" married with kids, she let it go...but then when he approached her in May (or whatever she said, if we believe it), then she reciprocated.

Even in reading their texts, you can't make sense of what he is thinking. One minute he says they aren't compatible, next he says he still loves her, then he wants to work on the marriage. He even told her that he wanted a separation but not a divorce for quite a well. Saddest, he kept telling her that it would be all right. That he was going to fix it. He was going to fix it.

Well, he fixed it.
Why would he propose a separation but not a divorce? So he could have his cake and eat it too! And then his way of trying to "fix it" was by making last-minute plans with a baby-sitter so he could wine and dine the girl friend!

Sorry, I should've said stand up for the right thing.... poorly worded, my bad! The sadness has consumed me and I am still struggling to come out!

Oh!! Got it. Thank you so much for clarifying! It's been a long struggle in my life dealing with a disordered in-law and aunt by marriage and I and others in my family had to learn through therapy the hard process of setting boundaries and sticking to them.

So I'm quick to advocate that just due to experience of seeing how destructive some of these people can be!

Why would he propose a separation but not a divorce? So he could have his cake and eat it too! And then his way of trying to "fix it" was by making last-minute plans with a baby-sitter so he could wine and dine the girl friend!
IMO he knew it would sound like he was well on the way to a new life (new lover) if he said divorce right off the bat. Separation was to make him seem like a more reasonable guy.

There is an element of personal responsibility here.

Before she came forward, I didn’t hold her in high regard, as I figured that she knew SW and CW were married.

When she did come forward, my opinion changed. I saw her as an Amber Frey like victim, a woman mislead by a devious killer.

After seeing the information in the discovery document, my opinion again changed. She seems to have been disingenuous about what she knew and when she knew it.

When the DA described her as “mostly forthcoming,” that was not a compliment.

To say LE is “trying to ruin her life,” is incredibly irresponsible. We don’t know their intent, although they appear frustrated in regards to how she handled things.

There are consequences for our actions, whether or not we deserve them.

She’s not the worst person in the world, but she is absolutely not a hero.
She needs to take responsibility for her actions.

I don’t think there had to be a gradual decline in the relationship. He does not have the normal emotional bonds that most do, nothing led to him straying other then a girl came onto him. There did not have to be cracks in the marriage for him to stray. He said in one of the interrogations he fell out of love with Shanann because he fell in love with NK and I think it is as simple as that. Your point of CW must have been a great actor for Shan’ann to miss the signs but from the porch interviews we know he was not lends towards he did not have to act prior to NK because things were ok with him and Shan’ann. I dint th8nk there is any way Shanann workday have missed any signs. Prior to NK he wanted Shan'ann, he wanted the baby. He met NK and he no longer wanted them, he is not a complicated guy, conflicted about emotions, he is concerned about his image, that is all.
NK didn't come on to CW. He went into her office and introduced himself. That was how it began. IIRC He initiated things. To me that's evidence his personality was changing, a new CW was emerging. No more quiet guy in the background.

I don’t think there had to be a gradual decline in the relationship. He does not have the normal emotional bonds that most do, nothing led to him straying other then a girl came onto him. There did not have to be cracks in the marriage for him to stray. He said in one of the interrogations he fell out of love with Shanann because he fell in love with NK and I think it is as simple as that. Your point of CW must have been a great actor for Shan’ann to miss the signs but from the porch interviews we know he was not lends towards he did not have to act prior to NK because things were ok with him and Shan’ann. I dint th8nk there is any way Shanann workday have missed any signs. Prior to NK he wanted Shan'ann, he wanted the baby. He met NK and he no longer wanted them, he is not a complicated guy, conflicted about emotions, he is concerned about his image, that is all.

Agreed. I think he met someone else at exactly the wrong time. He probably looked better than he ever had and liked getting attention from another female. He was getting pressure from his wife about their relationship, situation with his parents and new baby on the way. All of these things are normal in a marriage but for some reason he couldn't handle it. Then a new person who thought he was the greatest and giving him pressure for nothing. My ex husband did something similar so I have had years of thinking about it. Thank goodness he did the right thing and left which I absolutely thought was the wrong thing at the time. It was a social nightmare for him and he was the bad guy. He moved out of state. Chris should have had the balls to just say he wanted out and let Shan'ann move on with her babies. She had a family that loved her and she would have worked it out. It's so sad. I am making no excuses for his behavior. I am just trying to figure it out like everyone else.

See, I was wondering this last night in bed. When did NK start working at Anadarko on that contract? I was thinking maybe that's when she was hired, and she noticed him and like what she saw, so she checked him outline to see what the deal was. Perhaps seeing he was "happily" married with kids, she let it go...but then when he approached her in May (or whatever she said, if we believe it), then she reciprocated.

That makes a lot of sense.

Especially AFTER a list of foods was given to the grandmother that should not be around the children.

That's no accident. That's intentional. And indeed, its evil.

It's crazy to me that after poor, murdered Shanann was given no quarter by some, was evisecerated based on rumor and gossip and innuendo due to bias and dislike, jealousy, and the whisperings of one who had motive to present her as evil, that NOW, NK and the Watts family are given every benefit of the doubt despite actual evidence that they either helped make poor Shanann's life a living hell before she died or in some way impeded the investigation into her and her children's' disappearance and death.

It just seems like the height of hypocrisy to me.

But since Shanann is dead why does it matter? Because it added untold misery onto Shanann's loved ones and continues to do so.

And because while the guilty plea ends the pretense of honestly debating his possible innocence, the defense of EVERYONE ELSE who destroyed this woman in life or in death, seems to be a very subtle continuation of the same theme of victim bashing. And it seems to me to be motivated by the same intense dislike of the dead woman.

A very large MOO.

Spot on.

It’s not necessarily that aspect of his personality that could lie to everyone he came into contact with so effortlessly that lay dormant for so many years, it’s the aspect that was capable of strangling his 2 daughters with his bare hands, and then dump them, arms over head into those oil tanks. Who could do that? There had to be signs of emotional disconnect before this happened. He had to have done some weird things in his past, but maybe not.

I find it incredibly disturbing that anybody would endanger the life of a child to prove a point, or out of spite, or because they are ignorant. It doesn't matter the excuse - the Watts' were advised of CeCe's allergy and requested to have a nut-free home while Shanann and the girls were visiting. If my grandchild had a nut allergy, nobody on my street would have nuts!!!

I find it incredibly disturbing that the Watts' would continue to insult a dead woman - one who was murdered by their own son.

I find it incredibly disturbing that anybody could be so filled with hate for their future daughter-in-law/sister-in-law that they would sabotage their own son's wedding and refuse to attend.

I find it incredibly disturbing when grown adults refuse to cast aside their differences in order to attend their grandchild's/niece's third birthday party.

I find it incredibly disturbing that the Watts family are unable to apologize themselves for the vile and grotesque statements they made about Shanann.

MOO
"What Happened to Chris"
" Shannan Happened"
Blaming her for not only her own murder,but their Granddaughter,and grandson yet to be murders.
If that ain't evil I don't know what is.

NK didn't come on to CW. He went into her office and introduced himself. That was how it began. IIRC He initiated things. To me that's evidence his personality was changing, a new CW was emerging. No more quiet guy in the background.
I wonder about her walk through the middle of the meeting to put her lunch in the refrigerator. Maybe I have a wicked imagination. Yes I probably do.

Do you think that? I just don’t get it. There had to be a gradual decline in their relationship, but apparently, Shanann didn’t see it. She loved him til the end. I would say CW must have been a great actor, but he wasn’t, we all watched him on the porch.

I have known people like CW, who could just 'flip a switch' , and turn their emotions about something on or off.

One man, who I dated only briefly, was like that. He 'fell in love at first sight' several times. Once was with me.

But I soon found out that he had a lot of baggage. He had walked away from his first marriage and walked away from a very young child, who he had been very close to at one time. When I would ask him, don't you miss your little girl, he'd shrug, and act indifferent about her. It was hard to understand.

Over the years I ran into him because we had mutual friends in common. And he had 3 different family situations that he just walked away from, going from one to another. Like a like switch going on and off.

And one of our friends told me that this guy had been diagnosed with 'Reactive Attachment Disorder' as a young child. His mother left him with his grandparents, who gave him to his aunt, who didn't really nurture him much.

So maybe that affected his ability to really learn to 'attach' emotionally. He could feel 'love' but it was never consistent or permanent.

It’s not necessarily that aspect of his personality that could lie to everyone he came into contact with so effortlessly that lay dormant for so many years, it’s the aspect that was capable of strangling his 2 daughters with his bare hands, and then dump them, arms over head into those oil tanks. Who could do that? There had to be signs of emotional disconnect before this happened. He had to have done some weird things in his past, but maybe not.
Yes, I think signs of emotional disconnect but they hide it well. In podcasts I’ve listened to these types like Chris are able to do these types of crimes because people are viewed as objects to them. They compared it to a new car brings them happiness til they see a better new car and they discard the old one, people are treated the same way, a little more complicated than that but they would have to explain it.

CW also pursued SW and fairly aggressively. CW is not always a quiet guy, only when it suits him.

Moo

Do you think that? I just don’t get it. There had to be a gradual decline in their relationship, but apparently, Shanann didn’t see it. She loved him til the end. I would say CW must have been a great actor, but he wasn’t, we all watched him on the porch.

That's one of the most interesting aspects of her last messages

Her marriage appeared to go off a cliff rather than a decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members