GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are some texts between CW and NK that were recovered from NK's phone (Discovery pages 694-695):
View attachment 158218

He tells her she deserves a pay increase on July 26th.
He mentions something about the Rockies game they didn't go to on Aug 10th
He calls her his "sexy empanada" on Aug 11. o_O (gross)
She apparently told him she went to an IMAX movie on Sunday Aug 12th while he took Bella and CeCe to the birthday party (I thought NK later said in interviews with investigators she went to a museum?)

More texts between NK and CW from June and July:
View attachment 158219

View attachment 158220
On Jun 29 he tells her "I'm still going to see you! It won't be as often as we like but I will make it happen. You think I'm the only one addicted right now? I'm so hooked on you"

It seems like there are texts missing in these chains. Perhaps some were deleted and not recoverable? JMO.
Yes you are bad people.

If Shanann’s flight got in earlier/on time, I do wonder, would he have really driven the bodies out to the oil field at, say, 2 or 3am. Wouldn’t that look even odder (on the neighbor's cam and etc.) for him to leave the house at that hour?
I think he would have left with them at same time as he did. GPS on the work truck would give it away as well as the cameras. I think he would have had more time to stage the house for a disappearance tho.

And, to be fair, they'd been married for 6 years but had only been having problems (in SW's mind) for a few weeks. My husband and I have had rough patches here and there, but we've worked them out. She didn't know about the affair. In her shoes, I also would have tried various ideas to work on my marriage before jumping straight to leaving him. She had no idea he was capable of murder.
Totally agree.

Very helpful post, thanks. Some good points here, including some details I wasn't aware of. The delay of CWs arrival helps explain the carelessness of the staging. What is amazing to me is that it would seem obvious even under some time pressure that CW's cell phone, shoes, and other items supportive of a voluntary departure from the home would have been attended to. With even some moderately competent fore-planning, one would think he would never have forgotten these items of the staging! His choice of burial sites is mystifying unless he was aware of the truck GPS system and its ability to track his movements. It wouldn't be suspicious if the GPS indicated he went to site 319 (as planned). On the other hand, he telegraphed his intention to visit the site to co-workers, and surely he must have known the police would be interested in his movements and would search that area! CW's body wasn't even properly hidden. Perhaps he simply ran out of time....

Is the general hypothesis that the girls were dead before CW arrived because he was already committed to the crime despite her unexpected late arrival and therefore had no choice but to kill her despite the time crunch?

Dave

I'm still not sure he killed them first. Some things point to that and some don't. But if he did, can you imagine the absolute panic when her flight was delayed? He could get away with sending an old set of photos once. But the next morning? If she hadn't returned, how would he explain that he didn't have live girls to bring to school? Or take photos of at school? Or put on the phone with mama?

I am imagine him just flipping out and not being able to concentrate or plan anything after he found out the flight was delayed.

I doubt it. I’ve never liked that scenario because it would complicate things for him.

This wasn’t some sadistic act of revenge, it was a purposeful act designed to achieve a goal:

A new life.

I think he attacked her when she was either getting ready for bed, or in bed.

She was the biggest threat to the successful execution of his plan. Therefore, I think he killed her first.

Agreed that it wasn't about sadism. He was fixing a problem.

I'm still not sure he killed them first. Some things point to that and some don't. But if he did, can you imagine the absolute panic when her flight was delayed? He could get away with sending an old set of photos once. But the next morning? If she hadn't returned, how would he explain that he didn't have live girls to bring to school? Or take photos of at school? Or put on the phone with mama?

I am imagine him just flipping out and not being able to concentrate or plan anything after he found out the flight was delayed.
This got me thinking. If he had killed the kids first, then Shanann’s arrival time would have been a really big deal to him.

I’d expect numerous searches and possibly text messages, inquiring as to her new arrival time.

There would be panic. I just haven’t seen anything that indicates that.

Throughout this case I have wondered what remnants of a past life would floor me the most, if my child was missing, and I had to inhabit our house waiting for their return, or in the worst case, that they never returned.

Last night I saw one hint. Our five-year-old has been "sharing" my toothpaste, and apparently is opening it by mouth. As I unscrewed the cap I saw the unmistakable toothmarks. Only hers. If she were gone, I wouldn't know to look for her there, but I would keep that cap forever if I lost her.

That same night I had a hyper-realistic, banal dream that Bella and my daughter were playing in foot-powered cars in a shopping mall type play space. Shan'ann was sitting observing, but part of her view was blocked. CW was sitting several chairs apart looking in a different direction. Every time Bella went out of Shan'ann's view, I walked over and narrated the action. Then I realized who these people were. I told Shan'ann she didn't know me, but that I was so very sorry for what had happened to her.

I've never dreamt about strangers from the news before. I know this is not "sleuthy" but I had nowhere else to share it!

But PS- CW not actively planning on attending Bella's first day of kindergarten is one of the brightest red flags for me on premeditation. I suspect (MOO) he planned on ghosting out of the Rzucek's life quickly after immediately selling the house and anything else he could and playing the victim, claiming his wife left with the children in a parental kidnapping scenario. I don't think he cared about anyone else, "her people" who worried about her, and what they thought happened. I think he planned on never talking to any of them again.

That's an intense dream. It shows profound empathy and sadness for Shanann. Thanks for sharing it.

Ronnie said that neither CW or Shanann wanted another child, that Shanann was extremely bipolar and had paranoid tendencies toward his wife.

He also said that CW had lost a lot of weight using Thrive and he didn't want to do it - Shanann was forcing him! :confused:

Pg 371 (Discovery pg 423)

MOO

His weight loss was not due to Thrive. I looked at the caffeine contents of the product - not impressed. Sorry.

CW was obsessively,exercising, eating healthy (although he took poor care of his macros but still), jogging. Working in the field. As to bipolar diagnosis - she is dead, no use diagnosing her.

And even if Shanann was bipolar - did she deserve to die? Did her kiss deserve to die? Last group that targeted mentally ill were Nazi Germans.

This got me thinking. If he had killed the kids first, then Shanann’s arrival time would have been a really big deal to him.

I’d expect numerous searches and possibly text messages, inquiring as to her new arrival time.

There would be panic. I just haven’t seen anything that indicates that.

Oh. Good point.

Why would he have to pay all the child support of Shanann was making as much as him?

You still have to pay child support to the custodial patent. Most (not all) mothers get primary custody. I’m pretty sure CW would not have wanted primary custody. And imo SW was not netting near as much as what has been said. As a self employed person; there is a huge difference beteeen net and gross income. Most self employed pay 30 percent to the IRS. And with a third baby on the way her income would have gone down.

Ronnie said that neither CW or Shanann wanted another child, that Shanann was extremely bipolar and had paranoid tendencies toward his wife.

He also said that CW had lost a lot of weight using Thrive and he didn't want to do it - Shanann was forcing him! :confused:

Pg 371 (Discovery pg 423)

MOO
They are as disgusting as their little Messiah Boy.

Did I dream it or did we get a time when the Watt household system starting showing movement in the house. I would like to compare it with the known times of the truck backing in. I wonder how tight the timeline was. Getting the bodies in the truck after the act, cleaning up in the house causing the cleaning product odor LE noted,laundry etc. etc.

I have wondered the same. My feeling is she had already taken her Apple Watch off and was getting ready for bed. I'm not sure CW would have the foresight to remove her watch before he killed her. It's possible, but he has not shown evidence that he plans things real well. I feel like if he ambushed her, he would have forgotten all about her watch.

I think she had taken it off herself and was in bed or getting ready for bed. Just IMO, etc etc. Not sure the last time he had worn his.

On the body camera it showed the police following him into his bedroom. He went straight immediately running to the left side of the bed and to the bedside table. Then he went to the right side but the policeman was on his tail the entire time. I couldn't blow up the right side, but there was nothing on the left side as far as any rings or any Apple watch that I saw. I could not see the right side but perhaps others on a computer and a bigger screen can.

Did I dream it or did we get a time when the Watt household system starting showing movement in the house. I would like to compare it with the known times of the truck backing in. I wonder how tight the timeline was. Getting the bodies in the truck after the act, cleaning up in the house causing the cleaning product odor LE noted,laundry etc. etc.
4:23am was when movement was recorded on the main floor. My guess is he was hiding out in the basement all night, came out of the basement at 4:23 and crept up the stairs to start his killing spree. He turned the ignition key in the truck on at 5:18.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member