GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video Shows Chris Watts Lying to Cops After Family Was Reported Missing: 'I Couldn't Sleep at All'
A newly-released police body camera video from inside Chris Watts‘ home shows the triple-murderer feigning concern about his missing wife and two daughters hours after he murdered them.

“I couldn’t sleep at all last night,” said Watts, turning to the officer. “I missed them throwing chicken nuggets at me, honestly, last night.”

Other footage shows Watts speaking to an FBI agent inside his home, telling them Shannan had said she had plans with the girls before they went missing.

“That’s when I rolled out of bed, and she pretty much said, ‘I’ll be taking the kids to a friend’s house, and I’ll be back later,'” he told the agent.

:confused::oops:o_O
It’s fascinating how people can be such good actors without any professional training. Makes one wonder about
This video is so important.
This is the most human reaction from Chris Watts.
That he was caught on video loading up his dead pregnant wife and his two little baby girls into his trunk.
Yet like in most of the videos of Chris Watts, his focas is on his cell phone.
We all know that he was not expecting a communication from Shannan, as she was already dead and buried.
HIS CONSTANT cellphone checks were looking for communication from his lover.
Truly, whst a piece of **** this monster is.
Probably transfering more nude shots of NK into his secret calculator. He was brazen.

I need to admit same goes for me! And I do not use English in my daily life - for me it's nearly impossible to understand them (applies to the other interview videos as well) :oops:. Are there any transcripts available?

Hi everyone!

I have been following this case since day one. I am bordering on compulsively obsessed - the entire tragedy is beyond my comprehension and my heart just keeps breaking over and again for Shanann, Bella, and Cece - the terror, panic, and pain they each endured at the hands of someone they loved and trusted is just unimaginable. My heart goes out unendingly to the Rzuceks and Shanann's friends as every new horrifying detail hits our consciousness. I joined WS a while back but am as shy behind a keyboard as I am in the real world, so have only lurked with great respect (and sadness)as the discussion here unfolds.

I'm moving towards freeing myself and my three beautiful daughters from a 20 year marriage that has been emotionally and verbally abusive (although he'd say otherwise) and trying to keep us all safe through the process. My greatest fear is that things will turn physical. I'm always hyper vigilant. (By the grace of God, and probably because he didn't think I was serious and it would be temporary) he moved into a friend's house...so I don't see him more than once a week for visitation. But, I'm always alert and watching, thinking, strategizing. In other words, I most likely would not be blindsided. (I hope I never have to find out)

I just cannot begin to imagine the absolute terror in that house that night. By a man no one would have ever suspected would commit such heinous acts. It makes me physically ill, and beyond, beyond sad. I pray for peace for all who love Shanann and her daughters.

I hit reply for a reason, sorry for going off on a tangent. I listened to Mr Watts most of the way through with my headphones pressed tightly to my ears, boy is he hard to understand! But from what I gathered, he was describing a previous birthday party where Shannan had bought power rangers costumes for the kids as part of the theme, and the mask was forgotton behind. She "made" Chris drive back to get it, a 3 hour round trip for what he said was a costume that would not be worn more than 20 minutes. He used this example to illustrate (what he perceived as) her controlling nature and to make the point that Shannan wants what she wants and only thinks of herself. MOO, JMO.

As it's my first time posting, I hope I did this right.

One thing that was very prominent in Nichol's interview that struck a chord with me was when she said something along the lines of "you're going to see your wife fix it with her and when he you have the kids be with your kids play with them" almost suggesting I'm not going to hang out with you if you have/with your kids.... she acted as if when he was with his wife or children she was going to punish him, and that is just my interpretation or my impression from what she said and how she said it. Another thing that chapped my you know what was the fact that she had to tell him to "fix it with his wife or be with his children"? Wtf.
CW told Shanann - " I don't hate you. I will fix this. It will be better." , "I don't know where my head is at. I will fix it though." (discovery pg 2104)

hmm... fix it..The fix word is from NK? In what way did she mean it and in what way did CW mean when he said it?

Last edited:
A little different insight to the Watts family and the grandkids: My parents admitted to me that they were closer with my children than the rest of the grandkids. I lived the closest to my parents, and involved them in my kids lives, and my kids in my parent's lives. Two of my siblings lived out of state. My parents saw those grandkids typically 2 times a year. They didn't 'know' those grandkids. They cared about them, didn't want harm to come to them but it wasn't the same relationship as with my kids. Before my parents died, there was an argument with my sister in law and brother. They were living at my parents at the time and my sis in law is what I would imagine like Shannann. From the FB posts, to micromanaging, controlling, etc. I don't think that gives anyone a reason to murder someone! It isn't a personality that I would form a friendship with. I don't like people that manipulate. At any rate, my sis in law thought she was going to use the kids as leverage in getting my parents to do what she wanted. It didn't work. My parents refused to be treated like crap in their own home, and bend over backwards to appease others. My parents said kids were NOT to be used as if chess pieces in a game. They refused to be manipulated. They even stated if that meant the kids would not be a part of their lives, they were OK with that. So coming from that experience, I understand the Watts family.

It didn't give Chris the right to murder anyone! NO! It doesn't mean I hate Shannann, how silly, I didn't know her! Just a different perspective on the situation. Throughout the interviews, I could imagine my Mom sayign some of the same things about my sis in law. She was deeply hurt by how she and my Dad were treated.

I can see what you are saying about another perspective and it sounds like your family went through a hard time. However, the watts family appear to have issues with boundaries and respecting other people's ways of being in this world.

If we take the nut incident for example, I do not believe that Mrs Watts actions can be justified as SW being the problem. Yes SW may have reacted the way she did, which may seem over the top to some from an outside perspective (eg going online to complain) but it speaks highly of a historical pattern of behaviour where SW felt her parenting was being undermined and her concerns dismissed.

Likewise SWs mother also reported issues with both of CWs parents when they came to stay. While SW may have played a part in the outcome (eg removing herself and the kids from the situation) I have to respectfully disagree with you that SW was the problem.

On page 603/1960, I found this note that I found very interesting.
"RZUCEK said he and SANDRA lived with them for 15 or 16 months, a couple of years ago. He said
he was in Colorado for Christmas 2016 and possibly 2015, but was back in North Carolina for
Christmas 2017."

Although I can not find it now, I read somewhere that the Rzuceks liquated everything except their house when they moved out to Colorado for this 15-16 months. Do you wonder why they were there for so long? Did Shanann need the help of her parents? Did Chris resent this?
How curious! I wonder if they wanted to be there for SW first pregnancy and stayed to help with the baby after birth?

I'm still not sure he killed them first. Some things point to that and some don't. But if he did, can you imagine the absolute panic when her flight was delayed? He could get away with sending an old set of photos once. But the next morning? If she hadn't returned, how would he explain that he didn't have live girls to bring to school? Or take photos of at school? Or put on the phone with mama?

I am imagine him just flipping out and not being able to concentrate or plan anything after he found out the flight was delayed.
I have thought all along that he killed her first -- I don't know whether he was in a rage, or perhaps she said something to him that struck a nerve, or he just carried out his plan in cold blood. Kind of like Jeffrey MacDonald -- he badly hurt his also pregnant wife Colette while he was in a rage, and during the fight, he hit his older daughter Kim with the club while swinging it intending to kill Colette. So now JMacD has a problem -- his wife and older daughter dead or nearly so. What about his other daughter? He had to get out of this mess unscathed -- so he cold-bloodedly kills little Kristen. Then he makes the attacks look like a band of "drug-crazed hippies" came in and tried to kill them all. This act didn't work out too well for MacD -- the Army CID had him pegged from the beginning.

Yes, I think CW killed his wife, and then knew he had to do the rest to become a free man again. Wife problems, money problems, another baby on the way -- make it look like some evil person killed his family -- and that's exactly what happened. CW didn't fool LE for a minute.

A little different insight to the Watts family and the grandkids: My parents admitted to me that they were closer with my children than the rest of the grandkids. I lived the closest to my parents, and involved them in my kids lives, and my kids in my parent's lives. Two of my siblings lived out of state. My parents saw those grandkids typically 2 times a year. They didn't 'know' those grandkids. They cared about them, didn't want harm to come to them but it wasn't the same relationship as with my kids. Before my parents died, there was an argument with my sister in law and brother. They were living at my parents at the time and my sis in law is what I would imagine like Shannann. From the FB posts, to micromanaging, controlling, etc. I don't think that gives anyone a reason to murder someone! It isn't a personality that I would form a friendship with. I don't like people that manipulate. At any rate, my sis in law thought she was going to use the kids as leverage in getting my parents to do what she wanted. It didn't work. My parents refused to be treated like crap in their own home, and bend over backwards to appease others. My parents said kids were NOT to be used as if chess pieces in a game. They refused to be manipulated. They even stated if that meant the kids would not be a part of their lives, they were OK with that. So coming from that experience, I understand the Watts family.

It didn't give Chris the right to murder anyone! NO! It doesn't mean I hate Shannann, how silly, I didn't know her! Just a different perspective on the situation. Throughout the interviews, I could imagine my Mom sayign some of the same things about my sis in law. She was deeply hurt by how she and my Dad were treated.
My mother was American and married my Australian father just after the war. I did not see my maternal grandparents until I was 17, although I had seen them when I was younger but was too young to remember. My grandparents wrote to us, sometimes to the whole family and other times individually and even phoned at Christmas where they had to book an expensive international phone call and we would wait for hours sometimes at the post office to receive it.
My grandparents had other grandchildren living near them, but we never felt of lesser value than them and my mother would have been outraged if her parents said that they did not 'know' us.
Your SIL may have been difficult because she knew that your parents valued your children more than hers.

I have an Apple Watch. I charge it every night. I just got a new one and I could probably go 2 days without charging it (huge upgrade from previous models where you’d never be able to do that). But I think most people charge every night.

The Apple Watch was on the night stand, was it being charged or just sitting there?
Since she was out of town on a business trip, the watch would need to be charged overnight.
Getting ready for bed, the majority of people will set the watch on a night stand or place it somewhere in the bedroom. This would place SW getting ready for bed, since she was found in a t-shirt and panties.
Side note, being pregnant , she would need to use the bathroom after arriving home.
I also believe she checked on each girl that night.

Chris Watts moved from a Colorado prison to another prison out of state, sources say

Colorado State Prisons cannot disclose where Inmate Watts moved to -- only victims are told. It's no surprise that CW was shipped out of Colorado as post Colorado Prison Reform, the state does not have the resources necessary to "babysit" CW for his safety. I believe a NC prison location for CW would have the appearance of reward or gift, and if true, can be rightfully protested by the victims. MOO
I wonder which State would be considered safer? This case has made world wide news

He's telling a story to someone who doesn't know his family and saying which kids are which to make things clear, which is relevant to the story. I just am not seeing some big hateful thing out of that? It sounds to me like he's trying to clarify?
Why would you call your grand children your DIL's children? At least, he'd say Chris (or my son) and Shanann's children. After the nutgate affair or earlier, Shanann and the girls were clearly on the out! They unfriended her on facebook, they didn't attend CeCe's birthday. Does it really need to be spelled out?

Also, papa Watts said in the media interview that CW told him he put the girls in the oil tanks because he couldn't bury the girls with Shanann after what she did! Are those the words of a loving grandfather, to tell a complete lie? His son's made up 'story' is more important than justice for his little grand babies? His son's life was never on the line, they, the Watts, 'fix' CW's problems, like paying his speeding fine! I wish we could uncover more misdemeanors the Watts covered for CW before the murders, and how could I forget the stupid Letter pointing to Shanann as the murderer! Phfftt!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members