GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You made a point that has been bothering me. Part of me largely believes this confession (although I do think there was some premeditations. But then this wording that Bella used. Like you, it does not sound natural for a 4 year old. (We have all seen previous video clips of Bella, and that was not her normal speech.) So that begs the question. WHAT is his motive for saying things that make him look even WORSE? Why does he want us to think Bella begged for her life?? Thoughts? Theories, fellow Sleuthers?
To further hurt the Rzuchek family. The only reason I can think of. I don't think we'll ever know the full truth.

Dr. Phil is a showman and tends to dramatize terrible things that would be plenty horrifying without his assistance. MOO

I agree. I think Dr. Phil would be so much better if he dialed down on the showmanship. It's a huge turn-off for me, but it's probably what brings in the really big advertising dollars. Sad.

Could definitely be. Ie had that same thought.

I think Bella was probably awake though when he began to smother her and she probably begged him in some way before he started killing her. Because that would be a bizarre detail to lie about.
I also do not believe that he killed the girls at Cervi. There would be too much risk of them crying or making noise going to the truck. They would have been terrified about their mother's condition...if she was going to be o.k. We didn't see enough going back and forth to the truck to have two small children and a dead wife.

Sadly I believe that Bella was awake and saw her mother dead, and knew that it was her father would was killing her.

Respectfully, while I understand what you are saying, I don't see that her name needed to be cleared. I would imagine that most people understand what CW did and how he lied about his wife. Those who chose to believe his attempt to smear the name of a woman he murdered..well, they are not worth the effort. This merely inflicted more pain, IMO

That's you, but not them. They talk to Dr. Phil about it on Monday.

Yes. I am totally convinced that he knew the girls were going to die because WHY else would he drive out to the oil tanks?

He could have buried his dead wife anywhere---especially somewhere that he didnt work, where it would be so obvious for them to check out immediately.

IMO, once he headed for the oil tanks, he knew he was going to kill those poor sweet baby girls. He is one of the most disgusting excuses for a father I have ever known.
And let's remember that the afternoon before, he called coworkers and told them that he would check out CERVI in the morning. Those girls were dead long before the smothered them.

If ever there was a murder case that needed to go to trial, this was it. People are going to argue this case in the court of public opinion for the next one hundred years because there is too much/not enough info on what may or may not have happened. Basically lies and gossip. No facts or evidence to convince a jury to convict or acquit. Just back and forth and the words of more than one liar. If and until he goes on trial, there is nothing really more to say that will give anyone a definitive conclusion.

?????
Plenty of facts and evidence! The guy confessed to 4 murders. Why do you need a trial for a man who pleaded guilty ???

And let's remember that the afternoon before, he called coworkers and told them that he would check out CERVI in the morning. Those girls were dead long before the smothered them.

I think so, too. In addition, NK told investigators two things that I believe shows he planned this out in advance.

NK said she and CW were going to be looking at apartments the next week. She was looking for two bedroom apartments for him because he wanted an extra bedroom for the girls. She said that on their Saturday night date, he was not interested in discussing the apartment search and she found that strange.

NK also said he paid for their Saturday night dinner with a credit card and that he'd used vouchers to pay on previous dates.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I need to hear this from his mouth. That is the only way I am going to believe or not believe him and his story.
Yup, I’ll be looking for all the usual tells:

Peppering his sentences with “likes”

Speaking in generalities

Not being direct

Does he pause?

Does he distance himself from them by not using their names? (Not a tell, but telling)

His body language will also be important (defensive, pacifying)

A transcript is not a substitute for the video itself.

I am leaning towards most of this being true, but he will answer the questions I have in regards to the veracity of some of his claims.

Speaking in generalities

Not being direct

Does he pause?

Does he distance himself from them by not using their names? (Not a tell, but telling)

You are so right about this! I'm very anxious to hear it myself to see if there any of the "tells" we know so well.

Speaking in generalities

Not being direct

Does he pause?

I am leaning towards most of this being true, but he will answer the questions I have in regards to the veracity of some of his claims.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're getting video. The reporting said written report and audio file.
MOO

Speaking in generalities

Not being direct

Does he pause?

exactly!

You are so right about this! I'm very anxious to hear it myself to see if there any of the "tells" we know so well.
One thing he does have as an advantage, which in turn puts us at a disadvantage, is that he has had ample time to think this over.

It’s easier to lie when you have all that time to rehearse.

These investigators know this, and would have been in touch with FBI behavioral experts, who would have provided tips in regards to drawing the truth out of him.

It was a chess match, and CW ain’t no chess player.

He’s more of a “Connect 4” type.

One thing he does have as an advantage, which in turn puts us at a disadvantage, is that he has had ample time to think this over.

It’s easier to lie when you have all that time to rehearse.

These investigators know this, and would have been in touch with FBI behavioral experts, who would have provided tips in regards to drawing the truth out of him.

It was a chess match, and CW ain’t no chess player.

He’s more of a “Connect 4” type.
How about a new and improved lie detector test? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members