GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow the first time around on the body cam video of CW leading LE through the house I missed (or don’t recall) his comment about the girls making a mess with Vaseline and soap everywhere - it seemed like maybe he was annoyed by this (of course he could’ve been rattled about LE in the house). He usually bathed the girls, right?
I re-watched that yesterday too and that statement about the mess they made popped out at me.

THEY WERE MISSING and he's telling a story about a mess they made?! Who cares?? He wasn't even looking. Wouldn't you be looking behind doors, in baskets (my daughter fell asleep in a laundry basket when she was a toddler and I was frantic looking for her. I found her because 1) she wasn't missing and 2) I actually looked for her until I found her).

Most people would be tearing the house up and shouting their name, and LE would have to be calming them. In this case, it's like LE had to prod him into kinda-sorta-not-really caring.

He definitely was not acting like a father of missing girls....he wasn't even acting like he was missing them at all.

jmo

I'm inclined to believe his story because it's far, far worse than what anyone had theorized happened to the girls. I don't think he got pleasure out of it. The acts of murder was a means to something--a life with his girlfriend. From interviews and videos you could see that he's an awkward person. He's not all there with his kids and he wasn't all there when Shannan told him she was pregnant. The guy feels no empathy. No remorse and no emotions when he was describing what he did to his family. His gf didn't want kids. His mind thought literally, if there were no kids in the picture he could have a future with his gf. Why didn't he divorce his wife then and give her full custody? His gf would've understood the lies eventually. Surely it would've been easier to explain his lies to his gf than try and get away with murdering your family?

Child/spouse Support

Seems to me his whole life has been "putting on a show" for whoever he is around at the time. The last month before the murders the mask slipped and he was showing his true self. As far as CW "finding God" I find that absolutely absurd and I suspect God does, as well. CW and God do not exist on the same plane, in the same universe IMOO. Not remotely.
There is no there there. I am paraphrasing another poster, but I believe it too. First he was Mom's kid and then her mechanic son, after all she "made it happen" that he went to mechanics' school. She approved of his skater look and hair grease. He was happy being approved of, and Dad was the one refuge. He meets Shan'ann, becomes what he thinks she wants, works, is kind to his kids, affable and obedient to her, calm, capable and nice to his co-workers. Yet so far, no one attributes any particular personality to him, and he cuts off the original Mom's boy Chris, cuts off Mom, too. Then 8 years later he transforms into studly Chris, NK's vision, what he thinks she wants him to be, with the heady rewards of hot experimental sex possibly for the first time in his life. Trouble is, instead of having core values to see him through these different stages, he basically sheds his skin, like a lizard, but emerges as something else, incompatible with the previous persona. Thus in becoming studly Chris he has to shed his current family. (One reason I doubt they had intercourse Monday morning).
This is not rare, I know many ppl who transform partly into their new love interest, picking up hobbies, slang, attitudes, etc. I have even done it myself a bit but without losing my core.
Hard to explain, I don't think there really is a Chris Watts, just whatever shape shift he thinks he should be at a given phase. Now, basically a prisoner with only a bible to approve of him for 23 hours a day, he is transformed into what he thinks the bible wants him to be, and is shedding the old non-religious Chris.

Definitely no offense meant to people who really do live according to the bible's principles.

Last edited:
It sure does look like he's picking something up and transferring it into the car, and doesn't seem to go as low as if it had been a tool. Maybe he'll clarify that, if only some version of a lie.

Remember NK had the mysterious couch guy at her house, her alibi. I would guess LE checked that out and just didn't bother to tell us.

Hmm, quick thought, I wonder if CW felt threatened by this guy, that she was giving him attention, etc.

(Who cares? Why do I even ask this stuff? As stated upstream, it makes no difference. Who knows what was in that nutjobs head.

See you guys tomorrow with the documents, my head can’t take anymore of this today :wave: xoxo)

There is no there there. I am paraphrasing another poster, but I believe it too. First he was Mom's kid and then her mechanic son, after all she "made it happen" that he went to mechanics' school. She approved of his skater look and hair grease. He was happy being approved of, and Dad was the one refuge. He meets Shan'ann, becomes what he thinks she wants, works, is kind to his kids, affable and obedient to her, calm, capable and nice to his co-workers. Yet so far, no one attributes any particular personality to him, and he cuts off the original Mom's boy Chris, cuts off Mom, too. Then 8 years later he transforms into studly Chris, NK's vision, what he thinks she wants him to be, with the rewards of hot experimental sexuality possibly for the first time in his life. Trouble is, instead of having core values to see him through these different stages, he basically sheds his skin, like a lizard, but emerges as something else, incompatible with the previous persona. Thus in becoming studly Chris he has to shed his current family. (One reason I doubt they had intercourse Monday morning).
This is not rare, I know many ppl who transform partly into their new love interest, picking up hobbies, slang, attitudes, etc. I have even done it myself a bit but without losing my core.
Hard to explain, I don't think there really is a Chris Watts, just whatever shape shift he thinks he should be at a given phase. Now, basically a prisoner with only a bible to approve of him for 23 hours a day, he is transformed into what he thinks the bible wants him to be, and is shedding the old non-religious Chris.

Definitely no offense meant to people who really do live according to the bible's principles.
I know this is totally crass, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did have intercourse with SW that night just before the murder...even though he clearly showed zero willingness to do so since getting hot and heavy with his mistress while she was in NC. I say this because I theorize that just as he thought he was being a good guy doing one last kindness to his girls by taking them to a birthday party that Sunday for a lot of fun, he may have thought he was doing one last act of something nice for SW by having sex, as sick as that sounds before she went to sleep and he murdered her. It just makes sense to me. MOO.

Indeed Still hoping for charges, if it is found that she had the slightest inkling of what happened.
Even if she did know about the murder there apparently is no charge for knowing that a crime may occur and not reporting it!
I don't know about lying about it afterwards. I guess that would be considered interfering with the investigation but it seems LE verified or was able to back up everything she said.
I doubt we will hear anything more about her, unless CW talked about her in his interview. Imo

Last edited:
We live in a small town. Our seven year old rabbit started having seizures the other night. The closest emergency vet is over an hour away across the state line. She died a horrible death in the backseat while we drove helplessly on the interstate.

Driving with her lifeless body for the remainder of the trip, I couldn't help but of this case. HOW could CW do that? That 45 minute drive was with his wife and children. This was my rabbit and I didn't even kill her, yet I was a wreck. How does a person follow through with killing his children after a drive like that? Just how?
Awww so sorry for your loss. I guess it's just what separates "Us" from "them"

IMG_1601.JPG
I'm inclined to believe his story because it's far, far worse than what anyone had theorized happened to the girls. I don't think he got pleasure out of it. The acts of murder was a means to something--a life with his girlfriend. From interviews and videos you could see that he's an awkward person. He's not all there with his kids and he wasn't all there when Shannan told him she was pregnant. The guy feels no empathy. No remorse and no emotions when he was describing what he did to his family. His gf didn't want kids. His mind thought literally, if there were no kids in the picture he could have a future with his gf. Why didn't he divorce his wife then and give her full custody? His gf would've understood the lies eventually. Surely it would've been easier to explain his lies to his gf than try and get away with murdering your family?

I'm inclined to believe the bad parts of his story. But not the ones where he tried to mitigate what happened.

I don't believe he killed Shanann due to a fight and something she said. I believe he had this planned for some time. Wife was back from SC, he was supposed to go on a trip with her but the same trip with his girlfriend. His wife was still pregnant and he couldn't risk NK finding out. NK was likely putting a lot of pressure on him to move out and conclude the divorce. But Shanann was still posing things about their family life on social media.

IMO there is no way a sick, pregnant woman came home from a long delayed trip back, got into two fights with her husband and had sex with him. I think she changed and went to bed and was murdered shortly thereafter with little discussion.

It appears the kids were alive when he took them to the site -shadows seemingly coming toward him notwithstanding (physics can be weird. The Physics of Light -- Shadows), I am still not 100% certain yet of that) to kill them. But that part of the narration can be somewhat self serving as it evidences a reluctance to kill them and that it wasn't part of the plan.

I really believe it was part of the plan.

But these things are complex. These murderers are complex. He cracked pretty quickly and was a terrible liar which indicates he's not as cold-blooded as one may assume.

The link I gave yesterday to the Cristian Longo confession sort of illustrates these contradictions and complexities. He's a liar. After two tries he finally admitted killing his whole family (he blamed an intruder orar at them his wife in part), but his ultimate statement remains somewhat self-serving and dishonest (claiming his wife wasn't shocked or panicked when he began strangling her and that she sort of relaxed and allowed him to kill her. What a freak). But Longo shows affection and feeling for his kids. How when his daughter fell of the swing and bled he was horrified.

He himself seems confused by his conflicting emotions.

These are disturbed people. I won't ever fully trust what CW says. But there's certainly truth among his lies.

Child/spouse Support

We thought that before. But going through the evidence I don't think child support or spousal support was an issue. He would've had a lot of time with them and his wife made more than he did.

It seems evident he was obsessed with NK. He lied to her as we know, stating that he was at the tail end of a divorce when in fact his recently pregnant wife didn't even know they were separated.

He told NK he was taking her to Aspen but his wife thought she was going on that trip.

His wife was back in town after weeks and a weekend gone. He now couldn't pretend anymore that he was at the end of a divorce.

I don't think he wanted to deal with Shanann and all their friends' reaction to him leaving his pregnant wife for an affair. I don't think he could face that.

NK did not want a man who had already had children. She wanted that to be a new experience for her and whoever she ended up with. Although she denies it I think she ultimately made that clear to CW.

He was also desperate to make sure she didn't find out his wife was 15 weeks pregnant because she already didn't want his born kids. And that would mean he either got his wife pregnant just before they began an affair or just after. Either or which is pretty gross.

I think she would've left had she known that. And he was terrified of that.

This was a man obsessed and determined.

There is no there there. I am paraphrasing another poster, but I believe it too. First he was Mom's kid and then her mechanic son, after all she "made it happen" that he went to mechanics' school. She approved of his skater look and hair grease. He was happy being approved of, and Dad was the one refuge. He meets Shan'ann, becomes what he thinks she wants, works, is kind to his kids, affable and obedient to her, calm, capable and nice to his co-workers. Yet so far, no one attributes any particular personality to him, and he cuts off the original Mom's boy Chris, cuts off Mom, too. Then 8 years later he transforms into studly Chris, NK's vision, what he thinks she wants him to be, with the heady rewards of hot experimental sex possibly for the first time in his life. Trouble is, instead of having core values to see him through these different stages, he basically sheds his skin, like a lizard, but emerges as something else, incompatible with the previous persona. Thus in becoming studly Chris he has to shed his current family. (One reason I doubt they had intercourse Monday morning).

My gosh. Brilliant analysis. Love it!!

Wasn’t that the girls’ first day of school? IIRC, he (or SW) prepared their backpacks ahead of time. If he planned on sparing their lives, seems like he would have brought the backpacks with him and taken them to school. But I don’t think he did. I think the backpacks were found at home. Possibly another clue to premeditation?
Sadly he had already called the school to un-enroll the girls.

I wonder if NK sat down with CW and calculated his current finances and what they might look like if he got a divorce and had to pay alimony and child support. There are online calculators for that sort of thing. She was already in charge of his diet and apartment hunting. It stands to reason, to have an estimate for an apartment, she had to have helped him do the math and have a tentative budget. In which case, it plants the seed in his head that his family is a burden and he can live so much better if he removes the financial obligation they present. I am fairly confident NK wasn't actively involved. I do believe she helped create the mindset in him that his family had him saddled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member