GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I'm not sure about is if CW really likes this attention and publicity and notoriety. I think he found it therapeutic to "talk" to Tammy and Coder. He seemed happy to see them. I'm sure they were a welcome sight after enough mundane jail life. His family hasn't visited yet. But they did show up without any warning. It's not like he asked to speak to them. They purposely just showed up to catch him off guard. Tammy, bless her ninja heart, played it off as "We didn't tell you because we didn't want to give you any anxiety!" but in reality they didn't want to give him any time to rehearse or be able to prepare more answers.

I don't think he expected over four hours of tapes to be released to the public. The detectives asked him about certain things, if CW would want them to share certain info with NK, his parents, SW's family. It sounded like they would be "conveying" information. At one point, one of the detectives said he would be talking to Sandy, but first he needed to digest this information and what he wanted to share with her.

So I am not positive that CW talked to be attention-seeking or attempting to stay relevant? This whole case has been very sensationalized (for good reason), and then you also have Dr. Phil in the mix. (Who I thought, despite my usual eye rolling dislike, was very compassionate and human to SW's family, and had some pretty on point sentiments.) And Nancy Grace podcasts. And as much as they do a good job in different ways, they make some clickbait statements that are a little vague on the specifics of the case.

I can't stand CW. I think he's pretty pathetic and inhumane and missing all kind of human chips, and doesn't have a conscience. I am just not positive that he released these details and called for this confession to keep causing pain. I really think he was clearing his conscience to detectives he considers "safe" and were a willing audience. I think they are so professional and do such a good job of gaining trust, that he wanted to talk and also felt like he was being the good, obedient guy "complying" and helping them fill in some gaps. I don't think he has much to lose at this point. I think if he wanted attention, he would have answered news media or "off the record" interview or visit requests.

I could be wrong, but I think some of this "bombshell confession" hype is a little out of context in terms of CW's motivation or initiation. I feel like in this case it was orchestrated by law enforcement and then released. IMO.

I completely agree.

He had no idea these people were coming, nor did he know he was being recorded.

This was a private conversation between friends, and he wanted to please them by appearing to be open and honest.

As far as the key details go, I believe he was mostly forthcoming.

He couldn’t have done this for attention, as he had no idea that this interview would enter the public realm.

He was betrayed, and I can’t help but smile at that fact.

He’s not proud of what he did, and he doesn’t get off on recounting the crime (like a serial killer would).

He does enjoy the attention from his female admirers though, women who need to wake the hell up.

I was so glad SW's mom addressed that on Dr. Phil - how CW's family thought well if he killed Shanann, that part was understandable and okay. She was like HOW COULD THEY THINK EVEN THAT IS THAT OKAY??!!
They could think it's ok because they and the hate podcasts have been feeding off each other since august. That's the underlying theme on the purple one which orchestrates bash SW with some 5 k cw fans. Shan'ann provoked her own murder so she got what she deserved. Therefore the only deaths worth lamenting are those of the kids.

It crossed my mind that by waiting until he got to Cervi, then he'd really HAVE to do it right then (if he was feeling avoidant or hesitant...). People would be arriving, and it would FORCE him to do it right THEN. Not that this isn't also a plan; it's akin to putting your alarm clock across the room to force you to get out of bed in the morning. The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, sort of approach... :(

Narcissists (not saying that neatly sums him up, but it does seem to run throughout his narrative) view people with whom they have relationships as either extensions of themselves, or, burdens at some point. It makes sense to me that he didn't kill the kids right away because they were like appendages, and if it's true that Bella was viewed as 'like' him, or she was one of his personal mirrors, she would be last. I don't see a lick of 'caring' about the children. The narcissist in my circle on the surface can appear 'motherly'. But if you look closer, it's all about the kids mirroring adoration of her and she is fueled by that, so often responds positively to them to keep that coming.

We cannot diagnose Chris Watts. Additionally, a medical professional cannot diagnose Chris Watts without evaluating him and due to HIPAA, would not be able to disclose Chris Watt's diagnosis.
  • CW took eleven (11) separate tests to figure out his IQ. His IQ was 135 or 140.
  • An IQ range of 120-140 is very superior intelligence and over 140 is genius..
(Respectfully snipped by me)

I see posters keep sharing that CW's IQ is 135/140 when we only have CW's word that that is true. He shared that verbally in response to a question from the interviewers. Since he is a proven liar, and someone who at leasts attempts (often unsuccessfully) to portray himself in the most positive light, I completely doubt that his self-reported, genius-level IQ score is in ANY way accurate.

(Respectfully snipped by me)

I see posters keep sharing that CW's IQ is 135/140 when we only have CW's word that that is true. He shared that verbally in response to a question from the interviewers. Since he is a proven liar, and someone who at leasts attempts (often unsuccessfully) to portray himself in the most positive light, I completely doubt that his self-reported, genius-level IQ score is in ANY way accurate.
When I refer to his IQ, I assure you, it is completely tongue-in-cheek. :p:eek:

But yes, let’s not allow anything this monster says, turn into an actual fact.

Lying liars lie.

Right after he slammed Shanann in the one interview he did with Ma Watts, the interviewer asked him why CW put his daughters into those tanks, and his dad turned his head and muttered something to the effect of "I don't understand that".

When things don't make any sense, there's a very good reason.
I didn't see that interview where he slams SW. But honestly no one is going to understand why the kids were murdered at all...There is no good reason for it. Even CW, himself, will never understand that if you read between his lines and mutterings in the interview. IMO no one should be giving interviews to anyone. No amount of money is worth slamming a woman who is deceased that is the mother of those children. In the children's memory slamming a mom is bad. I don't know if the motivator was the money offered.

About the confession. I saw a father who was trying to advise his son "to do the right thing". NOTHING about his utterings and murmurings hinted less of that of being a good father to CW (and he'll always be dad or daddy to CW) encouraging him to come clean and do the right thing by all.

Honestly, I feel at this point NO ONE Is going to be satisfied with any reason CW can give, truth or lie, that will satisfy anyone's desire. The truth is all this man has left and it's not going to get him out of jail. It might be freeing in some respects to the family and friends, and maybe his own conscience, however, even he stated he hears that "Daddy NO" every night he lies down to sleep. I bet that haunts him. I still hear my grandma's voice and things she's said to me and she passed in 1991. That little voice and those words, will echo in his brain til he dies.

When I refer to his IQ, I assure you, it is completely tongue-in-cheek. :p:eek:

But yes, let’s not allow anything this monster says, turn into an actual fact.

Lying liars lie.
I think when people see it written in Tammy Lee's report, they might take it as fact, or Gospel, but if one listens to the audiotape of the interview (MUCH longer, but also MUCH more info and nuance) one can hear that a lot of what ends up in her report is paraphrasing of things that CW said.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if CW really likes this attention and publicity and notoriety. I think he found it therapeutic to "talk" to Tammy and Coder. He seemed happy to see them. I'm sure they were a welcome sight after enough mundane jail life. His family hasn't visited yet. But they did show up without any warning. It's not like he asked to speak to them. They purposely just showed up to catch him off guard. Tammy, bless her ninja heart, played it off as "We didn't tell you because we didn't want to give you any anxiety!" but in reality they didn't want to give him any time to rehearse or be able to prepare more answers.

I don't think he expected over four hours of tapes to be released to the public. The detectives asked him about certain things, if CW would want them to share certain info with NK, his parents, SW's family. It sounded like they would be "conveying" information. At one point, one of the detectives said he would be talking to Sandy, but first he needed to digest this information and what he wanted to share with her.

So I am not positive that CW talked to be attention-seeking or attempting to stay relevant? This whole case has been very sensationalized (for good reason), and then you also have Dr. Phil in the mix. (Who I thought, despite my usual eye rolling dislike, was very compassionate and human to SW's family, and had some pretty on point sentiments.) And Nancy Grace podcasts. And as much as they do a good job in different ways, they make some clickbait statements that are a little vague on the specifics of the case.

I can't stand CW. I think he's pretty pathetic and inhumane and missing all kind of human chips, and doesn't have a conscience. I am just not positive that he released these details and called for this confession to keep causing pain. I really think he was clearing his conscience to detectives he considers "safe" and were a willing audience. I think they are so professional and do such a good job of gaining trust, that he wanted to talk and also felt like he was being the good, obedient guy "complying" and helping them fill in some gaps. I don't think he has much to lose at this point. I think if he wanted attention, he would have answered news media or "off the record" interview or visit requests.

I could be wrong, but I think some of this "bombshell confession" hype is a little out of context in terms of CW's motivation or initiation. I feel like in this case it was orchestrated by law enforcement and then released. IMO.
Yes it was. It wasn't initiated by Chris. The officers just appeared he had no knowledge they were coming.
Everyone was surprised he agreed to talk Some thought he would never would
I think he might be getting therapy in prison and might be on some meds making him more agreeable to answer questions. He didn't know it was going to be released to the public
I might get daggers but I don't think it was right to trick him and I don't think the officers should do this to anyone else either. Dirty tactics. Why not just be upfront

I didn't see that interview where he slams SW. But honestly no one is going to understand why the kids were murdered at all...There is no good reason for it. Even CW, himself, will never understand that if you read between his lines and mutterings in the interview. IMO no one should be giving interviews to anyone. No amount of money is worth slamming a woman who is deceased that is the mother of those children. In the children's memory slamming a mom is bad. I don't know if the motivator was the money offered.

About the confession. I saw a father who was trying to advise his son "to do the right thing". NOTHING about his utterings and murmurings hinted less of that of being a good father to CW (and he'll always be dad or daddy to CW) encouraging him to come clean and do the right thing by all.

Honestly, I feel at this point NO ONE Is going to be satisfied with any reason CW can give, truth or lie, that will satisfy anyone's desire. The truth is all this man has left and it's not going to get him out of jail. It might be freeing in some respects to the family and friends, and maybe his own conscience, however, even he stated he hears that "Daddy NO" every night he lies down to sleep. I bet that haunts him. I still hear my grandma's voice and things she's said to me and she passed in 1991. That little voice and those words, will echo in his brain til he dies.

The motivator was trying to convince people that Shanann murdered the girls and that's why CW killed Shanann. This was before CW did the plea deal.

If only he was as smart as he thinks he is :D
LoL I like this.... lol there is no smart liar on the face of the earth because you have to remember all those lies to not double talk yourself. MOO Please don't strike me down for that! LOL

Ronny was right in there bashing SW along with Cindy on TV, but not during the confession if you are limiting it to that short time period in the police room. He even said just last week that it was "all over" and didn't want his son to speak to the detectives, even tho he already had. Ronny, imo, wanted it to remain with the implication floating around that his son was innocent of the child murders.

Last edited:
Yes it was. It wasn't initiated by Chris. The officers just appeared he had no knowledge they were coming.
I think he might be getting therapy in prison and might be on some meds making him more agreeable to answer questions. He didn't know it was going to be released to the public
I might get daggers but I don't think it was right to trick him and I don't think the officers should do this to anyone else either. Dirty tactics. Why not just be upfront

I'm still not sure I buy that CW didn't know the professionals were coming.

I don't know why they would lie about this but tell me why these well-paid people would fly to the middle of nowhere if they were not sure CW would speak with them? Seems risky.

has anyone figured out why CW was parking SW's car on the street while she was away? It would make sense if he was having NK park in the garage. I started wondering about it, because what about Deiter? Was he locked in a kennel while CW was at work and then all night. Poor dog. Sorry if this all seems trite under the circumstances. It just seems like maybe NK was at the house a lot more then she/he said.

This didn’t come out of nowhere, and would have been meticulously planned.

Likely with the help of FBI profilers, the CBI would have developed a strategy.

They apparently believed that by showing up unannounced, and not allowing him the time to think of potential lies in advance, they could get the most out of him.

They were right.

Even the way they asked the questions would have been planned, to include the order, delivery, and proper body language.

This wasn’t left it chance, nor was it done on a whim.

There was nothing dirty about getting a triple murdering child killer to talk.

Especially because he was under no obligation to do so.

I don't know why they would lie about this but tell me why these well-paid people would fly to the middle of nowhere if they were not sure CW would speak with them? Seems risky.
Better to catch him off-guard. No time for CW to prepare answers, check with fellow inmates, (or his family members) for advice about what to say, or whether to even talk with LE at all...

They know him, and must have assessed that he was very likely to be receptive to their presence.

Letting him know in advance, was too great a risk, and wouldn’t have maximized the potential to extract the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles