GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider NK to be loathsome. A highly unsavoury individual, one with only her own best interests at heart, somebody who is devoid of compassion, empathy and integrity. At first, I didn’t think she was physically involved in those brutal murders, but I could see how she’d whine - a lot - about (insert vocal fry *here*), ‘I wish you didn’t have a faaaaaammmileeeee, Chris’. Recently though...I do wonder just how deep that lack of decency went. For me, the absolute key is the 111 minute phone call on August 12th. I wish we knew what was said. I absolutely do not believe neither of them remember. They are cut from the same cloth, those two. If only they had never met.

I consider NK to be loathsome. A highly unsavoury individual, one with only her own best interests at heart, somebody who is devoid of compassion, empathy and integrity. At first, I didn’t think she was physically involved in those brutal murders, but I could see how she’d whine - a lot - about (insert vocal fry *here*), ‘I wish you didn’t have a faaaaaammmileeeee, Chris’. Recently though...I do wonder just how deep that lack of decency went. For me, the absolute key is the 111 minute phone call on August 12th. I wish we knew what was said. I absolutely do not believe neither of them remember. They are cut from the same cloth, those two. If only they had never met.
Yes to ALL OF THIS. And what about her phone pinging? And the dogs hitting in the basement?

I agree, i saw a video on youtube this afternoon about a officer who tried calling Chris the night of 14th of August. He had problems reaching Chris and in the phone records he was calling with NK a couple of times at that time. This whole situation is so super weird.

Me too. It was these recent interviews that changed my mind. I think a big reason they went there was to suss that out. The investigators really were curious about NKs involvement, brought it up a lot, tried to gently push their questions into CW, which he avoided.

Also, the lack of emotion talking about killing SW vs the girls...that stood out to me. However, he did have emotion talking about dragging her down the stairs and her feet hitting, which was also interesting. Why? I’m not sure if that’s because the girls were witnesses to seeing their mom pulled out of the house, or, maybe...because of something else.

But the interview made me suspect other involvement when I hadn’t before. Before I thought NK talked about SW being a burden and obstacle and that was a cause of what he did. But now, I’m starting to think there may be more involvement on her part, that he’s protecting her, and the investigators know it but can’t prove it.

Agree. For someone that LE has apparently completely dismissed, they certainly asked him a lot of questions about NK during that interview. Those questions occurred at multiple times during the interview and several questions were very direct.

If they had the answers, why would they waste their time asking?

They also asked him why the basement door was opened at 4:26 a.m. and that he had a lot of steps around that time. Very good question, and he claimed he couldn't remember. But he certainly remembers his cottage cheese that morning.

At this point, I'd actually feel a little more comfortable about NK if she was out there trying to sell her story and was stating she had nothing to do with it. We do know she was interested in possibly monetizing her story because she googled Amber Frey's book deal and her net worth.

Perhaps NK was feeling more full of herself in the early days of this case when she performed those google searches and thought LE bought everything she said hook, line and sinker because they were treating her like a victim.

JMO, it doesn't appear she has a book in the works. Why not? Is it because she's suddenly decided to become a decent person? IMO, she wasn't a decent person when she was interviewed by the Denver Post. She was full of lies.

JMO, I think she told LE lies they could not prove because they lacked evidence. JMO, she's afraid to publish anything for fear it will bite her in the rear-end with LE. I don't think she knows whether LE was able to retrieve all of her deleted text messages, though she was certainly questioning the CBI Agent whether they were able to retrieve them and he wouldn't tell her.

As far as I know, LE has never made an announcement about whether they recovered those text messages. I'm sure they've had many inquiries about this. I think that's very interesting and NK has literally dropped off the face of the earth and it's way more than a low profile.

All JMO

Last edited:

They both don't remember. That's pretty telling if you ask me

I agree, i saw a video on youtube this afternoon about a officer who tried calling Chris the night of 14th of August. He had problems reaching Chris and in the phone records he was calling with NK a couple of times at that time. This whole situation is so super weird.
I saw it somewhere where CW and NK were actually texting each other when the police were there

The 111 minute conversation CW and NK had could it have had something to do with Shananns plane coming in late
It would be one helluva coincidence for an explosion at the site to happen just when Shanann showed up with Bella and Celeste, especially when there really wouldn't have been a good reason for them being there. Wouldn't it just make him look even more suspicious?

But then we've got to remember how stupid and greedy CW was. After all, he thought that if he was the one who wanted to end his marriage, people wouldn't suspect him after his family went 'missing', since it was his 'spiteful' wife who had everything to lose.

We also know part of his motivation was money from his desire to quickly cash in on the house, and maybe to collect Shanann's Thrive commissions. Of course that would be chump change compared to a big settlement from Anadarko for their negligence in not fixing the leak. But lawsuits take time, so the house proceeds and commissions could have just been to tide him over until his big payout.
MOO
I don't know if there would have been suspicion on him. Assuming this was a plan and he had help.

Say on that Friday when he said he was going to take Shanann to the airport (he didn't). Instead he started the gas leak Arranged to be the first man on the scene Monday am. That was the first part to dispose of the bodies. If the plane wasn't late and Shanann didn't have a dr appt, no one would have suspected anything.

I could be convinced he killed them at home, mainly because he can't come up with the details at the tank site. I never have believed he made 2 different trips up to the tanks and don't believe at all that he took SW out of that foot compartment and left her on the ground while BW and Cece calmly watched. I can thoroughly believe he killed at least Cece in bed. But i believe he did kill them, because the one thing, or aspect, of his verbal performance that I do believe is the constricted emotion he showed when discussing the murder of the girls. He clearly didn't feel the same emotion about killing sw. I don't think that is easy to fake even with a robot like him.

But, why would it be to his advantage to say he took them out there alive? It makes him look worse.

The only reason he's lying is to coverup for someone

The 111 minute conversation CW and NK had could it have had something to do with Shananns plane coming in late

I don't know if there would have been suspicion on him. Assuming this was a plan and he had help.

Say on that Friday when he said he was going to take Shanann to the airport (he didn't). Instead he started the gas leak Arranged to be the first man on the scene Monday am. That was the first part to dispose of the bodies. If the plane wasn't late and Shanann didn't have a dr appt, no one would have suspected anything.
How could he have blown up the bodies without blowing himself up too? Also, crude oil isn't as volatile as gasoline, and doesn't flow like gas because it is thicker. How could he have blown it all up while staying a safe distance away?​

How could he have blown up the bodies without blowing himself up too? Also, crude oil isn't as volatile as gasoline, and doesn't flow like gas because it is thicker. How could he have blown it all up while staying a safe distance​

IDK. Maybe a fuse? He knew all about the subject and had a photographic memory. Maybe he had help. Just some thoughts

While it seems far-fetched to plan an explosion at the worksite, I think CW is capable of anything, so I'm trying to keep an open mind. And if NK and her friend were somehow involved, it does make more sense that they would want some kind of huge payout, like a settlement from Anadarko for negligence.

I've also heard a lot of good arguments for why it makes more sense that they were all murdered at home. So considering he pleaded guilty and that he might be lying about killing Bell and Cece at the worksite (which makes him look even worse), it does give the impression that he might be covering for someone.

But if Tammy and Coder were suspicious about NK, I wonder why they mistook what CW said about NK making him confirm his identity first via text, then telling him to delete everything and not contact her until "this is done". They thought NK suspected Shanann had his phone (which made zero sense since NK already knew SW was gone), when what CW actually said in the interview was that NK asked him the name of her (NK's) dog and what yoga studio she (NK) went to (probably because she thought LE might already have access to his phone). They also didn't bother to ask him what NK meant by "this is done". CW knew they misunderstood him, but he didn't correct them. Their mistake was carried through on the redacted transcript.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...pher-Watts-Redacted-Interview-Feb-18-2019.pdf
From page 26
(With regard to if WATTS spoke to KESSINGER after the murders.)
He spoke to KESSINGER on Monday, August 13, 2018.
He and KESSINGER texted and then spoke on the phone.
KESSINGER said she believed SHANANN took off with his daughters.
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, KESSINGER kept asking him “weird” questions through textmessage to try and determine if it was really him.
KESSINGER asked him what his dog’s name was and what yoga studio he went to.
It was possible KESSINGER believed SHANANN had his cellphone and she was making sure.
KESSINGER told him it was the last time he would hear from her and she was going to stay with her friend, JIM.
KESSINGER told him not to contact her “until this is done.”
KESSINGER told him to delete everything on his cellphone.
He didn’t delete everything from KESSINGER and he is not sure why.

Last edited:
While it seems far-fetched to plan an explosion at the worksite, I think CW is capable of anything, so I'm trying to keep an open mind. And if NK and her friend were somehow involved, it does make more sense that they would want some kind of huge payout, like a settlement from Anadarko for negligence.

I've also heard a lot of good arguments for why it makes more sense that they were all murdered at home. So considering he pleaded guilty and that he might be lying about killing Bell and Cece at the worksite (which makes him look even worse), it does give the impression that he might be covering for someone.

But if Tammy and Coder were suspicious about NK, I wonder why they mistook what CW said about NK making him confirm his identity first via text, then telling him to delete everything and not contact her until "this is done". They thought NK suspected Shanann had his phone (which made zero sense since NK already knew SW was gone), when what CW actually said in the interview was that NK asked him the name of her (NK's) dog and what yoga studio she (NK) went to (probably because she thought LE might already have access to his phone). They also didn't bother to ask him what NK meant by "this is done". CW knew they misunderstood him, but he didn't correct them. Their mistake was carried through on the redacted transcript.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...pher-Watts-Redacted-Interview-Feb-18-2019.pdf
From page 26
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, KESSINGER kept asking him “weird” questions through textmessage to try and determine if it was really him.
It was possible KESSINGER believed SHANANN had his cellphone and she was making sure.
KESSINGER told him it was the last time he would hear from her and she was going to stay with her friend, JIM.
I was sure he was saying HER dog, HER yoga studio, and others here were too. That transcript is full of holes. But Tammy or Coder, can't remember which or both, as you mention, were out of it on that one. Bizarre that they didn't pick up on that as quickly as the rest of us did.

From page 26

NK he knew for a fact that Shanann did not have his phone. Shanann was missing and NK had communicated with him by his phone after Shanann and the girls "disappeared".

JMO, it's clear she was concerned LE had his phone, and why would she be so concerned if she really thought Shanann took the girls and left on her own accord?

In her first interview with the FBI, she was standing up for CW. It wasn't until the CBI got hold of her that she started back-tracking on that.

NK he knew for a fact that Shanann did not have his phone. Shanann was missing and NK had communicated with him by his phone after Shanann and the girls "disappeared".

JMO, it's clear she was concerned LE had his phone, and why would she be so concerned if she really thought Shanann took the girls and left on her own accord?

In her first interview with the FBI, she was standing up for CW. It wasn't until the CBI got hold of her that she started back-tracking on that.
I wonder why they just didn't switch to the phone to hear the voices about that time?

I was sure he was saying HER dog, HER yoga studio, and others here were too. That transcript is full of holes. But Tammy or Coder, can't remember which or both, as you mention, were out of it on that one. Bizarre that they didn't pick up on that as quickly as the rest of us did.
IMO, that was possibly the most incriminating thing CW has revealed about NK so far, and they didn't even pick up on it. It makes me wonder what else they (LE) could have overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member