CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO
This is #73 page 53. There is plenty of juicy poring over details. Read all that.

This case changed my outlook on cases. I was always strictly one fact at a time, flow chart logic, etc. A good amount of skill but able to put that in a side mirror while not jumping to conclusions.

This isn't a clue game though, and it's always been about the victims in a personal and broad sense. The victims in this case do not deserve this.

They don't deserve what, exactly? For the truth to be told? If you were murdered, wouldn't you want all people involved to get arrested?

And also, if CW is not the (sole) culprit of those three murders, there is a lesson to learn from what happened there so it can be prevented from happening again. Those two little girls deserve the truth to come out.

I totally understand that true crime cases are not like a Clue game. I saw plenty of shocking details before beginning to question the official narrative. I think that people have the right to believe in the official narrative if this is how they think that things happened. But those who don't believe in it also have the right to speak and discuss the case.

Edited to add that I appreciated your reply to my comment. It was very respectful, unlike some others.

They don't deserve what, exactly? For the truth to be told? If you were murdered, wouldn't you want all people involved to get arrested?

And also, if CW is not the (sole) culprit of those three murders, there is a lesson to learn from what happened there so it can be prevented from happening again. Those two little girls deserve the truth to come out.

I totally understand that true crime cases are not like a Clue game. I saw plenty of shocking details before beginning to question the official narrative. I think that people have the right to believe in the official narrative if this is how they think that things happened. But those who don't believe in it also have the right to speak and discuss the case.

Edited to add that I appreciated your reply to my comment. It was very respectful, unlike some others.
you mention the "official narrative" several times, disdainfully, as though there is some unofficial narrative that holds precedence. The "official narrative" is based on his own words, his own confessions, proof of where he went, proof of his knowing exactly the manner of disposal of all the bodies, gruesome as his own choices were he owned up to it. And based on evidence and investigations that obviously have not been released.

The truth is that Watts has confessed to murdering his wife and 3 babies. He confessed over and over, in every venue afforded to him. He confessed in court. He confessed with further details to the FBI, etc. He wrote letters in his own hand, confessing to all the murders, and he authorized the use of those letters in 2 books. He confessed to his friends, and to his own lawyers according to him.

In all the messages he has leaked, publicly, from prison, not once has he contradicted his previous confessions. Not once has he accused anyone else of murdering his family or of taking part.

So here we are left with a situation where the murderer has confessed in the most final manner I have ever seen. This is not a case of a person being treated unfairly by LE, being misjudged by a jury, or being subjected to ineffective counsel.

He confessed to his own counsel, and declared in court that he was satisfied with the job his counsel had done, was not coerced. Watts even stated that he did not want his counsel to lie for him in a trial.

Watts' own counsel approached the DA with the guilty plea, according to Watts.

So, I would think if you want to propose that he is not the baby killer he confessed to being, that you should delineate the "unofficial" narrative that you think takes precedence over his own admissions.

I just don't get the denigration of the "official narrative" as though this "narrative" had been generated by someone other than the confessed murderer.

Last edited:

But why do you think that you have the 'truth'? Are you a trained investigator and are you privvy every bit of evidence?
What evidence do you have that his many confessions are not truthful?

I don't think NK had any direct involvement. Did she influence his decision? Absolutely. He wanted a new life. Did she do it knowing what he would do? I don't know but I don't think so. She made poor choices and showed a lack of morals in being involved with a married man. People can be angry at her for that. But having a hand in the murder? Why wasn't she also caught on camera then? You can tell when he sees the neighbors video he had not for one second considered he was on camera that night. If she or anyone else had been physically there it would have been seen on that camera IMO. He has convincingly confessed many times and I believe him.

What you believe seems is exactly what has been on my mind lately. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking/suspecting that. Not that others don't have the right to believe and support the official narrative but, to me, there is definitely more to it.

My apology, everybody does have a right to speak and question. I could have asked what specific inconsistencies/questions you found and opinion how this changes the outcome or furthers the case. I could also ask that of myself:) The Clue reference was purely my own blindspot.

@Leischa , I for one didn’t interpret your comments as supporting CW. I know it’s not a popular POV here, but I happen to think your comments have merit. And to be clear, there’s only one other person I suspect may have been involved. And it’s NUA, not her son, not Nate, not the oil guy, not the friends that defended CW and not a cult. Not even the Watts family, at least not directly.

There is no doubt in my mind CW is guilty. But I, like you, have read all the discovery and believe the person formerly known as NK may have been far more involved than claimed and additional investigation is warranted. But unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, IMO it’s unlikely that will ever happen.
Apologies for the late question on this. I just dip in and out of this thread now. But can you clarify your statement where bolded? Is there a word missing? This is genuine interest, as I think, from memory, that NUA and the former NK are two different people.

IMO the incompleteness of the investigation raises more questions that we will never get answers to. This is something that Agent Coder referred to in the follow up prison interview (I would love to hear his take on this case!).

Just to clarify, I am not a fan of either CW or SW.

Apologies for the late question on this. I just dip in and out of this thread now. But can you clarify your statement where bolded? Is there a word missing? This is genuine interest, as I think, from memory, that NUA and the former NK are two different people.

IMO the incompleteness of the investigation raises more questions that we will never get answers to. This is something that Agent Coder referred to in the follow up prison interview (I would love to hear his take on this case!).

I believe the following short YT will confirm that NUA and NK are two different people and also that NUA is NOT suspected to be involved other than to assist LE which resulted in CW's arrest.

12/5/18 -- How Shanann Watts’ Friend Helped Stop Chris Watts From Getting Away With Murder

Holy moley! Good catch. Most definitely a word missing. And that word is “not”. Should be “not NUA, not her son” Thamk you so much!

Scott Reisch CRIME TALK has always been allowed on these threads...let me know if that has changed.

Ha! This is worse than one of those people who believed that both parents became killers on the very same night (Shannan strangling her kids and Chris responding by strangling her).

I'd say I'm surprised, but there are a lot of crazies out there.

Unbelievable -- can't make this crazy up! :rolleyes:
Anyone who followed the 35c saga last year can guess who "Irene"is. He had until Nov 4, iirc, to file a 35c to ask a judge to review his sentencing on the "lesser" offenses of tampering with dead bodies. But he did not file in time, and much of the drama took place in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren