Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've been trying to stay caught up since yesterday, but today was my kids' first day of school in a new town so I've been very busy and worn out. I saw some mention of her wanting to leave him even though he had convinced her to get pregnant? Is that speculation or was it reported somewhere?

And I also read someone mention that he "snapped" on the girls.....is that just speculating or was that reported? If anyone can give me a quick rundown and/or links that answer I woudl greatly appreciate it. i'm sorry to derail but evverything is moving so quickly, both here with this case and at home with life. Thanks, y'all! <3

After viewing the courtroom video and judging from the defense motions filed, I would say that the reports of CW confessing are erroneous.

I don't think so. He would have almost had to have confessed. I don't think Shanann's family would get such a detail wrong.

I don't think they would have gone straight to Shanann's body with phone data, it would have required some searching. I just hope he did reveal where the girls were.

I think he's just doing what many before him have done. Changing his tune and going to trial after confessing and revealing the bodies. Crystal McDowell is the recent big one. Not uncommon.

Usually they are archived where they are streamed which is here

Why are the defense asking for 48hrs notice before the autopsy? Surely the coroner won't have to wait and can start the autopsies as soon as the bodies are recovered.
Also the defence lawyer says something to the judge like "can we have advance notice of autopsies so the defense can file motions, you can understand why we would want to do that" Makes me wonder what horrors an autopsy will throw up.

Aren't they precious? What kind of rage or sickening, twisted determination could allow someone to do what he did to his own children?

It comes naturally to want to dismiss him and his actions as "pure evil" and neatly label him a "monster," then move on to the next thread about a similar family's destruction, but I'm not satisfied with that.

I'm sure there are others who feel the same way, too. I want to KNOW. . . not necessarily "why"-- because there's no answer to that basic question that could ever justify/rationalize his vicious actions.

Maybe it's the "what" that confounds me. There is so much about the human brain/mind that is still undiscovered. Perhaps it will always remain unknowable, but I think that there should be some sort of concerted, publicly-funded effort that draws together professionals from all walks of life (esp. psychiatry/ the law/ religion(?) / school, etc. etc.) to leave no stone un-turned in an effort to "sleuth" what the heck is going on!

That has to be a first step, right? Or am I being naive?
(rant over )

Ok, I've been trying to stay caught up since yesterday, but today was my kids' first day of school in a new town so I've been very busy and worn out. I saw some mention of her wanting to leave him even though he had convinced her to get pregnant? Is that speculation or was it reported somewhere?

And I also read someone mention that he "snapped" on the girls.....is that just speculating or was that reported? If anyone can give me a quick rundown and/or links that answer I woudl greatly appreciate it. i'm sorry to derail but evverything is moving so quickly, both here with this case and at home with life. Thanks, y'all! <3

Speculation on snapping.

Technically you are probably correct as he's not been formerly charged. I do however believe he told LE where to begin digging (reportedly SW body recovered).
That’s possible, he may have confessed to burying the bodies but not the murders. He blames it on the wife as a murder suicide he discovered when returning home from work and decided to bury the bodies. A weak story but not surprising.

Noticed he had glasses on for his pc hearing.
Most, if not all, previous photos show him with what appears to be better eyesight.

Reminded me of Jodi Arias.

In one of the media interviews I thought I could just see the sign of a contact lens in his right eye ... I find it a lot harder to see modern contact lenses compared to lenses from 20 years ago. So I think he would have been wearing lenses on other occasions. He seems to have a quite strong prescription in his glasses.

He confessed. Why is that so hard to understand? First degree murder charges and tampering with evidence charges. Those charges will be filed formally on Monday or Tuesday. I’m sure he might change his tune with a lawyer, but LE knows what they are doing, and things he said that made the charges first degree.

Notice at the beginning of this interview, Nick says something about getting home from the airport and "a couple of hours for all of this to come out"

'He fooled us': Friends of man who allegedly killed family speak out after arrest

Which ties into this:

A law enforcement source told The Daily Beast that the suspect picked up his father from the airport Wednesday morning and family members convinced him to turn himself in.

Husband Arrested for Killing Pregnant Wife and Daughters After Telling TV Their Disappearance Was ‘Tearing Me Apart’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe