VA VA- Latesha Lamone Brooks, 20, Disappeared after dropped off for appointment in downtown Farmville, 29 August 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
La-Teasha LaMone Brooks – The Charley Project
Missing Person Case

• Missing Since08/29/2002
  • Missing FromFarmville, Virginia
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth02/13/1982 (36)
  • Age20 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white t-shirt, gray sweatpants with the words "Bad Girl" written across the buttocks, white Nike sneakers and silver earrings with imitation diamonds.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Brooks's nicknames are Teasha, Shorty and Lil-Bit. Her ears and the left side of her nose are pierced. She has a scar on her upper lip, a tattoo of the word "spit" on her left bicep, and a mole on the upper part of her left cheek.
Details of Disappearance
Brooks was last seen on August 29, 2002, leaving the Peidmont Court Services in the vicinity of the 1000 block of West 3rd Street in Farmville, Virginia. She left on foot and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

What was she doing in court? if she was a witness maybe somebody wanted her silenced?

Original

I'm also not sure why La-Teasha LaMone Brooks was in court in 2002 but what if the events there caused her to walk away and try to start afresh. She was tiny (4'9") and so caught my eye as a potential match for a Louisiana UID found years later. I wish I know if La-Teasha had connections to the area, if it could possible be her?

My head tells me it's so far down the track it's very unlikely, but then I come back to her leaving court. We know very little about her emotions or motivations that day. Thoughts on a match to www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/la-bossier-city-blkfem-up9319-25-40-in-wooded-area-jun11.142834/

It's hard for me to compare LT's photos to the recons due to the angles. Seems the UID had a long distance between the nose and upper lip. LT had some identifiers such as pierced ears, a scar, a tatt. If the PMI was towards the upper end (8 months) unlikely these would be visible, except if earrings themselves were located.

Recon

L-T
la-teasha_lamone_brooks_2.jpg

Last edited:
1655951735547.png
Jun 22, 2022
by: Sahara Sriraman

''PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Prince Edward County Sheriff’s Office is currently looking into a missing persons case that is two decades old.

Latesha Lamone Brooks, who was 20 years old at the time of her disappearance, was reported missing on August 31, 2002 by her mother, according to Prince Edward County police.''

Police said Brooks’ mother told the police that she dropped her daughter off for an appointment in downtown Farmville on August 29, 2002 and has not seen or heard from her since.''

''At the time of disappearance, Brooks was described as 4 foot 10 inches in height, about 130 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Police said she was reported last seen wearing a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants with “Bad Girl” printed on the back.

Anyone with information that may help locate Brooks is asked to call the Prince Edward Sheriff’s Office at 434-392-8108 or Crime Solvers at 434-392-3400.''

La-Teasha LaMone Brooks​

• la-teasha_lamone_brooks_1.jpg
  • la-teasha_lamone_brooks_2.jpg
  • brooks_la-teasha_ap.jpg
Brooks, circa 2002; Age-progression to age 40 (circa 2022)

• Missing Since08/29/2002
  • Missing FromFarmville, Virginia
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceBlack
  • Date of Birth02/13/1982 (40)
  • Age20 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white t-shirt, gray sweatpants with the words "Bad Girl" written across the buttocks, white Nike sneakers and silver earrings with imitation diamonds.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Brooks's nicknames are Teasha, Shorty and Lil-Bit. Her ears and the left side of her nose are pierced. She has a scar on her upper lip, a tattoo of the word "spit" on her left bicep, and a mole on the upper part of her left cheek.

Details of Disappearance​

Brooks was last seen on August 29, 2002, leaving the Peidmont Court Services in the vicinity of the 1000 block of West 3rd Street in Farmville, Virginia. She left on foot and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency​

• Prince Edward Sheriff's Office 434-392-8101

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 22, 2022; age-progression added.''

Latesha Lamone Brooks, who was 20 years old at the time of her disappearance, was reported missing on August 31, 2002 by her mother, according to Prince Edward County police.

Latesha-Brooks.png
20-year-old Latesha Lamone Brooks was reported missing on August 31, 2002 (Photo credit: Prince Edward County Sheriff’s Office)

Police said Brooks’ mother told the police that she dropped her daughter off for an appointment in downtown Farmville on August 29, 2002 and has not seen or heard from her since.

At the time of disappearance, Brooks was described as 4 foot 10 inches in height, about 130 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Police said she was reported last seen wearing a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants with “Bad Girl” printed on the back.

Anyone with information that may help locate Brooks is asked to call the Prince Edward Sheriff’s Office at 434-392-8108 or Crime Solvers at 434-392-3400.

Maybe Latesha ran into someone she knew while at her appointment, and agreed to meet up with them outside, or, was frightened by this (hypothetical) person and took off? speculation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camillionaire
Back