Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught something that is a known habit of abusers. I didn't catch it til just now. She was from North Carolina, and was in a hurry to sell the home they lived in there. In fact the transaction was done from Colorado their new location. The buyers said she was in a hurry to sell and left furniture behind. Abusers like to distance you from family,friends.

He confessed. Why is that so hard to understand? First degree murder charges and tampering with evidence charges. Those charges will be filed formally on Monday or Tuesday. I’m sure he might change his tune with a lawyer, but LE knows what they are doing, and things he said that made the charges first degree.

Earlier it was reported as tampering with 'evidence' charges. But the judge there said tampering with 'bodies'? Did anyone catch that?

It comes naturally to want to dismiss him and his actions as "pure evil" and neatly label him a "monster," then move on to the next thread about a similar family's destruction, but I'm not satisfied with that.

I'm sure there are others who feel the same way, too. I want to KNOW. . . not necessarily "why"-- because there's no answer to that basic question that could ever justify/rationalize his vicious actions.

Maybe it's the "what" that confounds me. There is so much about the human brain/mind that is still undiscovered. Perhaps it will always remain unknowable, but I think that there should be some sort of concerted, publicly-funded effort that draws together professionals from all walks of life (esp. psychiatry/ the law/ religion(?) / school, etc. etc.) to leave no stone un-turned in an effort to "sleuth" what the heck is going on!

That has to be a first step, right? Or am I being naive?
(rant over )

People are definitely studying this!

This one was passed around quite a bit earlier today: Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK

Also, read up on any profiles of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Anti-Social Personality Disorder, domestic abusers. "The Sociopath Next Door" is good for NPD/ASPD, and "Why Does He Do That?" by Lundy Bancroft for abusers.

I live in Colorado too. Why is it that a state that should be so laid-back and mellow attracts such horrific criminals?
I hear you!! So beautiful and so inspiring here. But all these huge crimes added together (just all these huge national nightmares) and this one is now on top weighing it all down some more- it’s more than a heavy heart- it’s a drag on the soul- not just individually but the whole. Like I said, it’s everywhere, but this one just struck deep.

OK, I'm going to try and find it but there was a Daily Mail article that had bulletpoints below the headline. One of those said that both CW and Shanann were arrested several times in NC before moving to Colorado. Does anyone know what those arrests were for? The article never mentioned the arrests again.

I hear you!! So beautiful and so inspiring here. But all these huge crimes added together (just all these huge national nightmares) and this one is now on top weighing it all down some more- it’s more than a heavy heart- it’s a drag on the soul- not just individually but the whole. Like I said, it’s everywhere, but this one just struck deep.

It is beautiful here, but Columbine...james Holmes theatre massacre....now this....

Arizona is sounding good

States that have many people moving there, where the people have no extended family nearby tend to have worse family crimes.
I recall reading this a while back.

I have a feeling he may have been molesting these little girls. I hope they do a thorough examination of their remains. Watched him in court, and not ONE tear, not ONE indication of regret, just a psychopath sitting there in an orange jump suit.
Wait what? There’s....no evidence of that. At all. If anything he was very detached from them during his interview...that’s...no. No evidence of that right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams