Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this before, I swear I hear him say (on the video announcement) "I guess when you want it, it happens".....totally gave me the vibe that he was almost giving her a dig.....she wanted it....not so much him (regardless of what she may have put out on SM.....that probably falls under the category of furthering the facade of the perfect happy life)
This! To me he struggled with his reaction.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't cheating. Even if he hadn't offed the whole family, I'd be surprised.
Me too.

Which baby is this singing to her daddy? I’m trying to be careful and not get into much about the murders of these girls. I just cannot handle it. I’m only really looking for motive and scroll past much about the babies.

Waiting for the gf to show up ugh this should be automatic death penalty. Somebody said next week. I’m game!!

You forget that people like him don't suffer like that. They still find ways to manipulate people and get things they want and stuff. That's how socio/psychopaths are. Stuff like that won't bother him. People like him don't really suffer per se, often times it's on to the next game/con (see Arias for a great example of this, or Jeffrey MacDonald, another great example).

They do quite well in a prison environment.

Me too.

Which baby is this singing to her daddy? I’m trying to be careful and not get into much about the murders of these girls. I just cannot handle it. I’m only really looking for motive and scroll past much about the babies.

Waiting for the gf to show up ugh this should be automatic death penalty. Somebody said next week. I’m game!!

If there is a gf can you imagine the horror of being involved with a guy capable of this.

If she was gone with the kids for 6 weeks, she was already planning to leave him and scouting out a move back to NC.

This would mean huge expenses for him on his salary of $61K a year:

Medical expenses for the new baby's delivery
Cost of a lawyer
Cost of child support even if he didn't get a lawyer
Trying to make the house payment
Trying to deal with the court date next week for the HOA lawsuit

Of course he would be planning to sell the house... they would both have to be doing this.... if she AGREED to it.

Her friend Nicole is going to have to be Shannann's voice here. Nicole was her confidante, and knew enough about what Shannann was thinking to be massively alarmed when the doctor's appointment was missed, and likely several "How are you doing?" morning texts. Alarmed enough to be able to get LE into the house.

Did CW call the police or did Nicole?

My prediction, he will commit suicide.
Hah, my thought, too. It's a matter of control.

I've thought about him realizing that he cannot control Shanann -- her going here and going there, her wanting to separate, paying bills -- and he begins to hate her because of all that. Something like: All of this is her fault, and another baby is on the way. There's nowhere to run. Another failure for him. His life is beyond his control (note: this is not an excuse for his actions, to be sure), and he wants a do-over.

Since it is now even worse, he sees this as a way to escape the only way he can -- and something which he can totally control.

If she was gone with the kids for 6 weeks, she was already planning to leave him and scouting out a move back to NC.

Cost of a lawyer

Of course he would be planning to sell the house... they would both have to be doing this.... if she AGREED to it.

Her friend Nicole is going to have to be Shannann's voice here. Nicole was her confidante, and knew enough about what Shannann was thinking to be massively alarmed when the doctor's appointment was missed, and likely several "How are you doing?" morning texts. Alarmed enough to be able to get LE into the house.

Nicole called police when she couldn't get ahold of SW Mon. .
morning and she knew SW had a Dr. appt- but didn't show.
Nicole went to SW's home but no answer at door.

I think the girlfriend will appear soon, If it was me I would want to come forward before its all dragged publicly into the light, especially if i knew i had nothing to do with it or any idea about it.

The friends mentioned that he was on his mobile a lot while at their house, was he texting? if so who? whats his search history? is he on any dating apps? his wife was away for a long time, easy for him to go looking else where, or was he pretending to search for them?

sorry this is my first time posting, I know it's still early days but I just have so many questions and theories going around in my head.

I think the girlfriend will appear soon, If it was me I would want to come forward before its all dragged publicly into the light, especially if i knew i had nothing to do with it or any idea about it.

The friends mentioned that he was on his mobile a lot while at their house, was he texting? if so who? whats his search history? is he on any dating apps? his wife was away for a long time, easy for him to go looking else where, or was he pretending to search for them?

sorry this is my first time posting, I know it's still early days but I just have so many questions and theories going around in my head.
ITA!! And welcome :)

Welcome! It's great to have new posters here :)

Cost of a lawyer

This article said they had a $3000 a month mortgage payment, that's tight on their income. Can't say I did any different at that age though. Back in the day, I had a massive house I didn't need, (no kids though, I was single) and all I made went for upkeep, furnishings, taxes and a stupid BMW. Can't imagine doing that with kids. I sold it all, gave the furniture to a Veteran's charity and bought a 1200 square foot older home that's paid for and most of my antique furniture was found on a curb or Craigslist for cheap and restored at home. My truck is 11 years old so no one will carjack me in Chicago. But it took years to get to that mindset where I didn't care what lifestyle I was posting on social media. Article on their house is here: Christopher Watts, Shanann Watts filed for bankruptcy in 2015

Thank you. I have poured over these and there is an important lesson in her social media feed.

Let's be real. We are all producers of our online lives now. With her, posting glowing photo's of her husband, heaping praise of how wonderful and supportive and blessed she was, etc.

Throw in a MLM and now you get a storm of all inclusive trips, fancy cars, all which you barely have to work for. The money will roll in!!

Except it very much will not. The people who "like" these posts are in the same boat as you. In on the MLM, you are part of an overenthusiastic "team" and all living a lie, to different degree's.

This may seem off topic but it really isn't. We never know what is going on behind closed doors. Social media has complicated that X100 by making us all the stars, if we wish, of our own make-believe world.

My heart breaks every time I see those children and that vain, grotesque psychopath of a father.

They are all gone, lives stolen. But look at social media and could there be a more glowing family? Social media has just complicated the lie from the beginning of time....

Those closed doors and what is really happening in cases like this??? Now you need to weed through deep layers of the social media lie to get to the ugly truth as well.

Social media can be like those horrid Christmas letter updates of the past. "Bob just got promoted! Gunner got all A's and is the star of his high school football team!! We are so proud!!I just lost 10 pounds!!! We loved our vacation to Italy!!!"

Except they're daily.

When I was a teen I wrote a Christmas letter update for our family that was REAL, with all the true stuff that families deal with. It was actually pretty funny.

But I enjoy seeing my friend's and overseas family and their kids growing up. I just realize they aren't typically discussing the hard stuff (although my family and some friends do), because no one wants to be negative.

So I guess the defense now has their 48 hour notice. Grrrrr.

Did the judge approve this notice or was it just a request?
I can't imagine ME wanting to delay autopsy as I'm not sure
that cold storage completely halts decomposition. Doesn't it
just slow things down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads