Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point on! She had spent 6 weeks away from him. Was with him a day or two and off again. She was clearly starting to emotionally separate herself from him, working in to being away from him. His thoughts may have been, "You are not leaving me. And you are not taking my kids. The doll is awful. I think that was a veiled threat.
I totally agree.
I think she showed the doll as a forewarning in case something happened. She knew from past experience that he could be a
loose cannon. She was with him for 6+ years. This was not his
first meltdown.
As an old prehistoric codger who's studied and experienced lots
of screwed up men in my lifetime, I've noticed that many of
these guys with personality disorders rarely get past 6-8
years of marriage. That's about the time that wives catch on to
what type character they're really married to.
If they divorce, screwed up guy goes and marries again, and
again. they're serial grooms. They can start the relationship,
with words or charm but they can't maintain it. They don't
have the character or good relationship skills to maintain
a happy, stable relationship. Have seen this over and over.

Re the awful theory about the defence potentially blaming SW. I think as someone rightfully said it would alienate the jury. How would she have access to the oil tanks and being 15 weeks pregnant would not have the strength to climb etc etc.
I know he has to have a defence but urgh how could you do that to your babies and pregnant wife....

I think he would just be trying to get out from under three 1st degree murder charges. Admitting to disposing of 3 bodies but not murder. Claiming he killed one (not murder) but not the other two.

In fact I think a father has tried this "mom killed my kid so I had to kill mom" defense before. Anyone remember the case I'm thinking of?

I think he is going to plead not guilty at first and then come to a deal for first degree murder, OR he will try for insanity which will not work.

He confessed. The media reports plus the timing, plus his own family's silence all along and now, make that pretty clear.

They may subtly try to blame her as "driving" him crazy but I'm kind of surprised so many are jumping to him doing a 180.

Reports are that his family came into town, he talked to them and they encouraged him to go to police and confess.

I see nothing that indicates this isn't true and nothing that indicates he's recanted or is going to.

Am I missing something?

I don't know that we are 100% sure he confessed to murder though.

We KNOW he told them where the bodies were yes.

We are fairly sure they have an idea of how they died, likely because he told them, yes.

I don't think we can be sure he told them WHO caused the deaths.

I think he just as easily could have told them that he found the girls dead and killed Shanann because he believe she did it. Temporary insanity or self defense. The difference between life/DP and manslaughter/concealing a body.

I don't believe it for a second but after Caylee Anthony... I don't put any outrageous stories past attorneys.

I hope you are right however. I hope it goes like Lori Hacking rather than Caylee or Laci's did. Shanann's family deserves to have it done quickly.

I think he would just be trying to get out from under three 1st degree murder charges. Admitting to disposing of 3 bodies but not murder. Claiming he killed one (not murder) but not the other two.

In fact I think a father has tried this "mom killed my kid so I had to kill mom" defense before. Anyone remember the case I'm thinking of?

I don't know that we are 100% sure he confessed to murder though.

We KNOW he told them where the bodies were yes.

We are fairly sure they have an idea of how they died, likely because he told them, yes.

I don't think we can be sure he told them WHO caused the deaths.

I think he just as easily could have told them that he found the girls dead and killed Shanann because he believe she did it. Temporary insanity or self defense. The difference between life/DP and manslaughter/concealing a body.

I don't believe it for a second but after Caylee Anthony... I don't put any outrageous stories past attorneys.

I hope you are right however. I hope it goes like Lori Hacking rather than Caylee or Laci's did. Shanann's family deserves to have it done quickly.

The reports from an LE source were that he confessed after his family encouraged him to. The speculation that he's suddenly going to blame her has zero basis in fact. It doesn't matter that nothing has been officially confirmed. LE has not contradicted that in any way and neither has anyone connected to him.

The confession has a basis in fact - the media reports and the timing of the arrests and finding the bodies.

But if people want to torture themselves with horrible what ifs that are rooted in nothing we know, and seem to be contradicted by reports, I guess have at it. It is a discussion board.

I would think being pregnant and allegedly having Lupis one would not be taking anything.

These days the mothers research if lettuce is ok to eat when pregnant !

I finally figured out that those patches were all that fitness junk

pregnant with lupus wearing patches that are putting willow seed directly into ones bloodstream just does not seem all that ideal!

i think patches directly skip the blood barrier - so i would assume the fetus is getting a direct shot of green coffee beans from mars or something directly into the little guys blood stream

IMO this is just so unlike the neurosis millennials experience eating and fluids when pregnant these days. I think the average Google time on being a perfect mom starts in the third week of pregnancy!

If we look at it like all the changes in him physically (and were actually resulting from the stuff in the patches) I would think that wanting ones little thing in oven being exposed to it would be a read a flag!

Would you really want to give something to a fetus that makes you unable to recognize your husband every three months!?

If it is changing her husband every three months I would think a pregnant person might say "nah i should skip introducing alpha sprouts in conjunction with berry nuggets, sand from Pluto (!) and a dash of who know god what else (!) directly into my bloodstream for 9 months

jmo

I don't think so. He was arrested after he told them.... maybe it's different in Colorado. Most places you don't get a public defender until after you are arrested.

He could have consulted a lawyer and made his own deal.

How did SWs friend know she missed her dr appt?
What time was dr appt. ?

I read that friend came over to home around noon and found them “missing.” What prompted that assumption?

I’m trying to read all posts and can’t keep up. I apologize for asking questions I’m sure have been addressed.

Perhaps that friend had been invited to join her at the appt. If it was an OB appointment she may have been scheduled for an ultrasound. As CW would be at work, she may have invited the friend to join her for that part of the visit.

I cant imagine what for but we do not know for sure that they want the dna to claim she did it.

Def job is to muck everything up make everything take 3 years etc etc

No dear friend, we don't know that at all. We know the defense filed a very common, very standard motion to grab possible evidence from the hands of all three victims, that could show DNA from their murderer. That doesn't indicate they think the mother did it or are trying to blame her.

It's a standard motion.

I kind of think we are getting a bit hysterical here.

Authorities say bodies believed to be a pregnant woman and her two young children were found on the property of one of Colorado's largest oil and gas drillers where her husband used to work.

paystubs show he was working for Anadarko in 2015.

Company spokeswoman Jennifer Brice said he's no longer employed there. She declined to provide any other information, citing the active investigation, and said the company is heartbroken and supporting investigators.

it was a cbs outlet out of denver but lady love bug was in the mood to give a kiss and hit the keyboard and this menu thing came up which i do not have a clue how to get rid of so i had to reboot

ruff ruff ruff -the kiss was worth the reboot!

CW was working at Anadarko up until his arrest according to this article.

>>snip

The couple had previously faced financial difficulties, and filed for bankruptcy in 2015 to escape crushing credit card debts and focus on paying off their mortgage.

Watts had gotten a job six months earlier as an operator for Anadarko, and paystubs indicate his annual salary was about $61,500.

>>snip

Watts was employed at Anadarko until word of his arrest on Wednesday, the company told DailyMail.com.

Father 'stuffed his young daughters' bodies in oil and gas tanks so they wouldn't smell | Daily Mail Online

I would think being pregnant and allegedly having Lupis one would not be taking anything.

These days the mothers research if lettuce is ok to eat when pregnant !

I finally figured out that those patches were all that fitness junk

pregnant with lupus wearing patches that are putting willow seed directly into ones bloodstream just does not seem all that ideal!

i think patches directly skip the blood barrier - so i would assume the fetus is getting a direct shot of green coffee beans from mars or something directly into the little guys blood stream

IMO this is just so unlike the neurosis millennials experience eating and fluids when pregnant these days.

If we look at it like all the changes in him physcally were actually resulting in all the changes in him physically I would think that wanting ones little thing in oven being exposed to it would be a read a flag!

If it is changing her husband every three months I would think a pregnant person might say "nah i should skip introducing alpha sprouts in conjunction with berry nuggets, sand from Pluto (!) and a dash of who know god what else (!) directly into my bloodstream for 9 months

jmo
Excellent post, I so agree w/ you. Heck I've even wondered
about the effects of bodybuilding steroids on the sperm.
Personally know someone on major bodybuilding stuff-
who was a Mr. World trophy winner- looked like an inflated
balloon body wise- got his wife pregnant and baby had life
altering birth defects. Now we're finally admitting that alcohol
or drugs can affect the developing fetus in bad ways.

These type products often have lots of caffeine and/or amphetamine type things in them. this can affect heart rythym
and cause anxiety, etc. Side effect can be extra over the top energy levels and subsequent weight loss
. Scarey stuff.

Which can prove fatal to anyone with an undiagnosed heart condtion. Herein lay one of the controversies. One or more of the ingredients were said to be linked to cancer. I don't know which one(s)

I don't think so. He was arrested after he told them.... maybe it's different in Colorado. Most places you don't get a public defender until after you are arrested.

Might be recalling this wrong.

My sense from the nighbors interview was

cops left monday night

something he said or did make them call both the cops and the FBI

whatever it was it so alarmed them they called the FBI also

that is data imo

shortly thereafter the cops showed and placed him under arrest.

No charges were announced as it relates to the arrest at that time.

My order of thinking is that whatever the neighbors were concerned about the cops thought needed to result in arrest. Not that HE confessed to anything.

We have to IMO remember that for about 36 hours it was reported as "allegedly" confessed.

That has to mean a lot.

I think it means that the neighbors reported that he confessed to THEM - but LE cant arrest and specifically make charges based on someone else alleging someone else confessed to them.

There would be no reason for a headline something akin to:

Watts arrested on three murder charges after confessing to murdering his family

it was nothing like that tho

all the headlines were allegedly and or reportelily confessed.

it was super confusing

not typical

there must be a reason

the neighbors refusal to elaborate on what made them contact both cops and FBI was very significant to me

they were willing to talk about anything but the reason why they contacted cops and fbi and/or exactly what it was he said to them .

I also wonder about his drinking history - was he drinking that night at his friends house and slippedmoo

Last edited:
Dad was a pumper and gauger on tanks. He had to climb the steps up, open a hatch, and put a plumb-line down to measure the amount of liquid (oil, gas). He also told me that some had floating roofs, but I never observed that in pictures or when I visited the tank farm.

No jury is ever going to believe that SHE killed her children and HE dumped them in an oil well. It is preposterous no matter what DNA is found where.

IMHO bringing up such a repugnant theory would pretty much alienate a jury.

Don't ever forget the trial of Casey Anthony who was exonerated of murdering her 3 year old Caylee Anthony. No one should ever forget that miscarriage of justice and assume anything from a jury trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member