Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory on what happened is rather simple and subject to change as facts come out. I think SW came home, they argued, CW snapped and killed his wife. The babies, unfortunately, were collateral damage. Perhaps they woke up and saw daddy hurt mommy.

I don't put much into the beds not being slept in. The girls had to sleep some place on Saturday night and I don't imagine dad made up the beds on Sunday. Perhaps they slept with him.

The best plan for this guy is a quick, slam dunk plea deal. Anything else, will become a circus.

If the defense tries to do blame his wife, it won't go over well at all.

The key to this entire story, is the uber quick response by the friend and LEO getting involved so quickly. There must have been compelling evidence/reason for a welfare check on an adult, within hours of missing a medical appointment and lunch with a friend. That is the crux of this situation.

CW simply had zero time to create a scene or story. I think he saw her leaving him, the handwriting seems to be on the wall here. He wanted the control. That was his only focus, control that she could not leave and take the kids.

I don't care about the death penalty, his life will be brutal enough. Even in gen pop, the escalated bullying and torment, will be his payback. Prison takes bullying to an art form. He won't have any creds, and no one will want to watch his back.

Seems like each time I pop in to check on new developments in this case, I find myself wondering if MsFacetious is actually my 'other self', posting my innermost thoughts. (though my other self would have spelled my name differently. lol)

IMO, he is a psychopath, but not a smart one. I think he blamed his family for all of his shortcomings. They were getting in his way. And like we all do when a toaster breaks, he threw them away. They were mere objects to him.

Composure is all about belief in yourself. A narcissist / sociopath / psychopath have ultimate beliefs in themselves as smarter than anyone else. In his mind, he's so much more clever than all of us. When he talks to his friends about selling the house less than 24 hours after they are reported missing, he's revealing that he believes he's completed the perfect crime and is already moving on. He's not even going to give a dramatic performance of fear / grief / worry. As they said, he didn't cry at all when he was at their house. It's easy to maintain composure when you feel superior to everyone else.

I think he killed the girls to hurt SW....to show her. It’s all about him and he wanted her to feel the pain he feels. He blames SW for how he feels. It doesn’t matter if she actually did anything to hurt him, but he thinks his pain is caused by her so he hurt her in the worst way possible. He let her feel the pain of her daughters dying at his hands and probably told her it was her fault and then he killed her too.

I would be surprised if Shanann didn’t walk in and see those baby girls dead, probably positioned just like that doll he left (most likely) there the day before she left. Then he killed her. I think he took all of the bodies out together but couldn’t get hers up the ladder for disposal in the oil tank.

The best plan for this guy is a quick, slam dunk plea deal. Anything else, will become a circus.

If the defense tries to do blame his wife, it won't go over well at all.

The key to this entire story, is the uber quick response by the friend and LEO getting involved so quickly. There must have been compelling evidence/reason for a welfare check on an adult, within hours of missing a medical appointment and lunch with a friend. That is the crux of this situation.

CW simply had zero time to create a scene or story. I think he saw her leaving him, the handwriting seems to be on the wall here. He wanted the control. That was his only focus, control that she could not leave and take the kids.

I don't care about the death penalty, his life will be brutal enough. Even in gen pop, the escalated bullying and torment, will be his payback. Prison takes bullying to an art form. He won't have any creds, and no one will want to watch his back.

I expect the circus. He seemed to be astonished that he wouldn't be out on bail and whined about how long it would take......

I haven’t noticed her scar, but when you have ACDF surgery, which she had, they go in through the front of your neck to get to the cervical spine. It leaves a small scar.

Ahh ok I missed that she had spinal surgery

Dad was a pumper and gauger on tanks. He had to climb the steps up, open a hatch, and put a plumb-line down to measure the amount of liquid (oil, gas). He also told me that some had floating roofs, but I never observed that in pictures or when I visited the tank farm.

Those are those huge storage tanks are refineries. This was at a pumping pad. Tanks here are just for getting stuff out of the ground until the consensate (thin liquids) are pumped, They are usually 20,000 - 30,000 gallon capacity and have a manway on top with a diameter of 24-36 inches that bolts down. petroleum chemical aboveground vertical selecting and specifying - Highland Tank

Why would his lawyers want dna test? To prove paternity?
I'm thinking they need to see if there was DNA transfer from DAd to the girl's throat, if strangulation was the casue of death.
Why would his lawyers want dna test? To prove paternity?

I'd say they are looking for transfer DNA from a manual strangulation. They won't know about strangulation for sure until formal autopsy. Postmortem changes in the body, during the fixation of livor mortis and beginning putrefactive changes, can produce alterations in the tissues of the neck and skin of the body that can resemble strangulation injuries.

I've seen this first hand from someone I thought was gentle and kind "nice guy."
His face contorted into a horrific look reminded me of Ted Bundy when he lost it in court.
I never trusted him from that day forth. The amount of rage to a perceived slight was off the charts.

Yes. I concur with the sudden onset and dramatic change of attitude in Narcissist Rage.

Once I saw it in a boyfriend directed toward me, I realized he had to be removed from my life and recruited friends to help me get organized, plan to change the locks, and remove any and all of his access to me, within short weeks.

He was dismissive that I changed the locks "I'm not like that" arrogantly as if he wouldn't stoop low enough for violence, but I was taking no chances. A legal no-contact letter has stopped the hoovering, but..... only for now

If you want to understand more about the Narcissist and their patterns, take a look at the HG Tudor Narcissist Blog. His description of the behaviors is absolutely on target with my experiences. It's astonishing what is going on in their minds. It's incurable. It can only be dealt with by absolute and total avoidance = gray rock behavior.

Last edited:
For the Thrive patches medical experts would likely agree that they are a scam because you cannot get a meaningful level of most substances in your bloodstream via a skin patch/skin absorption. There is complicated pharmacology as to how substances are absorbed and metabolized. The things like fentanyl that can be absorbed via a patch are the exception to the rule.

I don't think anything in those patches was biologically affecting SW or CW in any way.

Ted Bundy is the best example I can think of for a full blown Narcissist.

There was never a better display of Narcissism than when he acted as his own lawyer in his own trial. It was incredible to see some of that old footage.

Thanks for this comment. I agree. If you've never experienced it, it's worth looking at.

I want to know how they think and operate so I can hopefully spot the crazies.

Just my opinion, but knowing how CW thinks won't help spot the next one. To be sure, there may be similarities between one crazy and the next. But I think aside from the basic "flatline" of their personalities, each crazy figures out what type of manipulation and usage of people works best for them. All we can do is pay attention and listen to our instincts when our conscious and subconscious are trying to tell us something important.

I don't recall where I read a statistic (maybe the book The Gift of Fear, which I and others have mentioned before) about how we consciously are aware of a very small fraction of all the information available to us in our interactions with the world. Our subconscious picks up on a lot more info, which it feeds to our intuition, our gut feelings, the hunches we cannot explain.

We consciously try to explain away those intuitive, interior thought processes, to our detriment, usually, sometimes in small ways, and sometimes with severe consequences.

I think Shannan's friend who went to the house to check on her was listening to her nudges, and acted on them.

I'm thinking they need to see if there was DNA transfer from DAd to the girl's throat, if strangulation was the casue of death.

I'd say they are looking for transfer DNA from a manual strangulation. They won't know about strangulation for sure until formal autopsy. Postmortem changes in the body, during the fixation of livor mortis and beginning putrefactive changes, can produce alterations in the tissues of the neck and skin of the body that can resemble strangulation injuries.
After the bodies were left for days in crude oil, I put the chances of them finding any touch dna at zero.

When trying to find the effects of oil/gas immersion on a body,
I found some reference to these substances could cause blistering of the skin. So I wonder if the chemical changes
caused by this could make it difficult in determing COD.

I would be surprised if Shanann didn’t walk in and see those baby girls dead, probably positioned just like that doll he left (most likely) there the day before she left. Then he killed her. I think he took all of the bodies out together but couldn’t get hers up the ladder for disposal in the oil tank.

I can see that happening. Because of this was about control then he might have killed the girls to punish her and so he would want her to know. The *advertiser censored*.

So very sad about what happened in Frederick. I live about 40 minutes north. I think about it every day. I could have been her at one point in my life. I know her friends and family probably knew she was in a dangerous relationship. And there is nothing they could do...
I knew CW was involved the first time I saw him. And listening to / watching him confirmed it.

The hardest part about seeing someone you care about in an abusive (even just emotionally/mentally) and manipulative relationship is not being able to say anything because you know they won’t be able to truly hear you or see it until something horrible happens. Saying anything just ends up with anger and resentment. The victim will spend all their energy on trying to convince the world otherwise. And paint as perfect a picture as possible to the outside world. I know it because I was one of these women once. And for family - just having to wait while they figure it out on their own and hope they will stay safe in the process...it’s awful.

When you’ve been through it yourself, it becomes easier to spot the people to avoid... the image show-boating, ego-centric attitudes, power players, “get what I want” manipulation, “I’m the victim” mentality.

My heart goes out to her friends and family. I can’t imagine the pain they are in.

I pray for the many women like her that are in vicarious situations that they stay safe until they can see clearly and be brave for themselves...and their children.
I struggle so much because my Sister in law is in a relationship like this right now. This case has had me thinking so many scary things. I wish so much she could see what I, and our family, sees and take action for herself.

I think he would just be trying to get out from under three 1st degree murder charges. Admitting to disposing of 3 bodies but not murder. Claiming he killed one (not murder) but not the other two.

In fact I think a father has tried this "mom killed my kid so I had to kill mom" defense before. Anyone remember the case I'm thinking of?

I don't know that we are 100% sure he confessed to murder though.

We KNOW he told them where the bodies were yes.

We are fairly sure they have an idea of how they died, likely because he told them, yes.

I don't think we can be sure he told them WHO caused the deaths.

I think he just as easily could have told them that he found the girls dead and killed Shanann because he believe she did it. Temporary insanity or self defense. The difference between life/DP and manslaughter/concealing a body.

I don't believe it for a second but after Caylee Anthony... I don't put any outrageous stories past attorneys.

I hope you are right however. I hope it goes like Lori Hacking rather than Caylee or Laci's did. Shanann's family deserves to have it done quickly.

The case where the father claimed the mom told him she killed the kids and then he freaked out and then killed the mom was Christian Longo. Of course he killed them all and was convicted.

Also, when someone strangles a person the victim grabs the person's hands and tries to peel the hands off them. Sometimes the victim gets DNA under their fingernails.

Poor babies. Can't stop thinking about them but I'm trying hard not to think about those final moments.

What he supposedly did was very rageful. (Is that a word?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay