Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right? But we are talking about reasonable doubt and trying to place doubt in the minds of a jury. Sadly, the defense will try to disparage her to try to exonerate him of murder. Even after he has killed her, he has no shame in trying to continue this slander

This theory just doesn’t introduce reasonable doubt though. IF the defense claims that she killed the kids and then he killed her because of what she did, the jury is going to question why he didn’t call 911. If someone snaps and kills someone who just killed his kids and then calls the cops to report it, I think there might be some defense there. Self defense or fit of rage.

But he didn’t call the cops and instead he dumped his babies in crude oil and nobody will ever believe he did that after she killed them. Nope.

This area of Colorado rarely uses the pumping jacks like that though. The oil comes up due to pressure from the gas (I have no idea how this science works, but we have 9 wells on land we own, and not a single jack.) It's rare to see the jacks here.

i don't know distinctions but they are now using the term well not tanks

From that article:

"Defense attorney James Merson made the statement in a court motion Friday. The motion asks a judge to order that DNA samples be taken from the children's throats."

Why is he asking for this and is this a normal request?

I can't understand why the defense is so focused on dna taken from around the childrens throats , UNLESS, they are hoping that SW's dna is found around their throats??? This scenario is way out there but hear me out.....Could it be possible that he choked the life out of his children wearing gloves or perhaps washed their necks after strangling them removing his dna from their bodies? When SW got home he killed her and then placed her dead hands around the childrens necks transfering her dna to the childrens throats??? Is CW's defense going to be that SW strangled her children soon after she got home from her trip and he tried to save the children and had to kill SW? CW feared that law enforcement would never believe this scenario so he hid the bodies making it appear that they were abducted from the home??? None of this makes any sense ....

What is being reported, that he claims emotional conversation was after she returned from her trip.
"Speaking to KUSA on Wednesday, Chris Watts said he and his wife had had an emotional conversation after she returned home from a business trip early Monday. Before he left for work a few hours later, he took in a last view of his daughters on a baby monitor, he said."
Bodies suspected of being missing Colorado mom, 2 kids found; husband arrested

BABY MONITOR !!

So I hope LE can get ahold of the baby monitors and try to trace back to the last sighting of them alive.

Was SW able to view the baby monitors remotely?

Oh boy, here's a whole new issue to think about

Important little disclosure there

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/18/us/colorado-watts-family-financial-struggles/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

The CNN article is interesting. I like how the MLM is considered "employment at a "lifestyle company"". That is beyond yellow journalism.

When will people realize the truth about MLM scams? The goal is to portray a "perfect" life, that is envied by all. Create a persona of health, happiness, wealth, travel, so that you can "sell" yourself to others who want to be part of the "in-crowd". They sell a fantasy. And many in MLM are going broke, with continuing to show how awesome their lifestyle is...no one realizes the fact that MLM is close to a fanatical obsession, with a religious zeal. Those involved are often so brainwashed that they don't even recognize how much time and money their "dream job" is costing them.

"The Patch made him do it" defense may be compelling.

Oh my goodness this was the first instagram I had seen. Incredibly superficial and repetitive

as far as this situation goes the only meaningful stuff I gleaned by enduring it was he was non existent on there

almost seems as if media had to find the couple of ones he was in too continue this fairy tale.

murder certainly is not the answer, he is not psychotic - imo so it might behove us to look at this as a family system if we want to get the dynamic .

In this tragedy I def dont think we are talking about a bad month or two but an enduring and highly dysfunctional marriage on so many levels and for so long.

one probably chooses a first time presentation on something that is inherently inherently interesting to the person preparing it

The choice of what material he choose to include which resonated with him is so telling
A therapist's dream --it would take 9 sessions to learn about what is going on from the presentation~!

IMO it a dairy -- i am going to go back later a rewatch as i have learned more

Within it is the answers to all of our questions

folks that are so so so so so so so so so so in love - with two young kids -- don't want a month and a half away from one another .

Folks exploring a trial separation might indeed however

KInd think the emotional conversation in the middle of the night , after two people worked all day might have more to do with one or both having determined their future

moo

jmo

Last edited:
This area of Colorado rarely uses the pumping jacks like that though. The oil comes up due to pressure from the gas (I have no idea how this science works, but we have 9 wells on land we own, and not a single jack.) It's rare to see the jacks here.

So are the oil wells and tanks in that area more like this diagram:

20170516__17TCAFIRw~2.jpg

I can’t get her singing “My Daddy is my Hero” out of my head. :(

I’m thinking Shanann knew he killed them right before he killed her. Often the kids are killed bc the dad wants to hurt the mom (again a main danger with familial abductions)...If she was going to leave him...between child support, maybe the thought of someone else raising his kids...maybe he figured he was going to lose custody any way. Just trying to get inside this monster’s head. Not easy to understand at all how someone could do something like this...
Every Daddy should be his daughter's hero-- he didn't deserve a family. I'm numb...:(

I can't understand why the defense is so focused on dna taken from around the childrens throats , UNLESS, they are hoping that SW's dna is found around their throats??? This scenario is way out there but hear me out.....Could it be possible that he choked the life out of his children wearing gloves or perhaps washed their necks after strangling them removing his dna from their bodies? When SW got home he killed her and then placed her dead hands around the childrens necks transfering her dna to the childrens throats??? Is CW's defense going to be that SW strangled her children soon after she got home from her trip and he tried to save the children and had to kill SW? CW feared that law enforcement would never believe this scenario so he hid the bodies making it appear that they were abducted from the home??? None of this makes any sense ....

It doesnt have to make any sense at all

It just has to distract the jury and place "reasonable doubt" in their minds to avoid two charges of 1st degree premeditated murder and allow that scum to get a sentence that would give him parole and freedom.

humm

we have shallow grave 72 hours before discovery

if i am recalling correctly they did not ask for swabs on mom

so in a way does that hit you that mom was NOT strangled and then could COD was stab instead?

why would you not want neck swabs on mom unless the cod was def not strangling?? (can see horrid knife attack?)

From the same article:
In another motion, Merson asks that DNA samples be taken from the hands and nails of the body of the girls' mother.
Moore County remembers slain pregnant Colorado mom, 2 daughters

This is true. When it is a gas well, they do not have the pumping jacks. There is some condensate (oil, mineral spirits etc) and crude that are collected and tanked, but the volume of condensate and crude are far less than the gas. In effect, they are contaminants in the gas.

What is being reported, that he claims emotional conversation was after she returned from her trip.
"Speaking to KUSA on Wednesday, Chris Watts said he and his wife had had an emotional conversation after she returned home from a business trip early Monday. Before he left for work a few hours later, he took in a last view of his daughters on a baby monitor, he said."
Bodies suspected of being missing Colorado mom, 2 kids found; husband arrested

Thanks for this, I was not sure after reading this post

Just caught up - yes all 3 threads! :) and was looking for his next court date. This is what I found on the court site:

Docket for: Weld County - Weld County Court House
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
8/21/18
10:00 AM 30M WATTS, CHRISTOPHER Hearing on Advisement D622018CR2003 Weld County Division 5

link Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

but this article says Monday:

Officials investigate cause of death for Colorado mom, kids

and this article says Monday (8/20) - ??

I think I shall believe the court site. In the article it says DA will formally file charges on late afternoon Monday.

edited to add: what date were their bodies found? I must have missed that. TIA>
Welcome back from road trip @Niner!
Mum SW located on Thursday in an open field, and daughters on Friday in nearly full oil tanks. The Monday 8/20 hearing his mandatory based on CW arrest date, and Tuesday was preset in anticipation of the autopsy and interviews LE had in process.

The Weld County court dates may include date unrelated to this crime as CW/SW were due in court next week for charge related to their homeowner's association (HOA).

I hate to say this speculation but ...

if we are talking necks i think we are talking strangulation

if we are talking inside throat we are talking about another whole tragedy -

we then must consider imo the phrasing of and swabs from other unidentified parts of the children's body

a

No jury is ever going to believe that SHE killed her children and HE dumped them in an oil well. It is preposterous no matter what DNA is found where.

It's a tight timeframe: she arrives home at 2; he's out of the house by 5:15. If the cause of death is strangulation--the timeframe doesn't even give him time to know that they're dead, if she killed them. So how come he's loading them into his truck to dump into an oil tank, instead of frantically getting on the phone to 911?

Someone posted that the inlaws- maybe MIL and SIL were very angry that they moved out of state and tried to stop it. I guess they said they blamed Shannan.

So when she was there for six weeks this summer, the MIL refused to go to one of the kid's birthday parties, IIRC and then when she finally agreed to see everyone at her house, left bowls of food that the one child is deathly allergic to, within reach of the kids (I got the sense that she didn't believe the allergy existed).

As a result, SW said she would never allow the kids over there again unless CW was present. To protect them?

Yep. Nasty passive-aggressive people. Although I don’t know why she thought CW would go against his mother.

On Reddit’s r/JustNoMIL there are always stories about MILs who do things like this. They don’t believe the allergies exist, or go against the parents’ requests. They’ll sneak meat into vegetarian meals or get a child’s hair cut or ears pierced or take them to rated R movies, or whatever it is the parent would object to.

Sounds like her MIL. Might explain why Chris was just a

BABY MONITORS !!!

From the TV news report: "Before he left for work a few hours later, he took in a last view of his daughters on a baby monitor, he said."

So he claims the baby monitors document they were alive somewhere around 5:00 am?????? WHOA

Where are the baby monitors CW mentions?

Found in their rooms by police (may be disabled by "unknown suspect"(?

Missing from residence?

In the same tank as the bodies were? BTW - were the bodies in the same tank?

I sure hope they didnt end up in the hands of the defence because LE overlooked them.

Did he text SW any photos from them?

Did she acess them remotely?

What is or isnt on them?????

Last edited:
On her brother's Facebook page there are several condolences from people who knew Shanann "because of the Lupus" so get ready for his attorney to start working that into the case..

Shanann was in my lupus support group. My only interaction with her was through the group, which is large, but she was quite vocal about her struggles with the condition.

I could the timing going either way, maybe the murder of the girls coming after that of SW.

Likely the affidavit and charging info coming next week will shed light on the timing and any corroboration of the timings by camera evidence etc. What Time he left the house, got to work, etc.

The touch DNA motion kerfuffle is being made too much IMO just because the lack of other info released. It makes sense for a potential defense to cover all bases with evidence collection. But honestly there could be innocent explanation for either parents touch DNA to be on a neck. Hair washing, combing hair, putting on pjs etc. This isn't a stranger murder suspect where the finding of such DNA could have no innocent explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member