Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they think she was killed almost immediately upon returning home, that might explain the swift response by Nicole and LE.

If a friend of mine, in that kind of marriage, was going to have the conversation that she was leaving him, and she told me about it...heck yes I’d sound the alarm early and often if she stopped texting me back! By noon that was almost 10 hours. And there’s no way most LE would wait 24 hours, especially with 2 kids involved. What they were really doing was responding to a welfare check, not a missing person (yet).
I agree. Also think that her delayed flight created a problem for CW's timeline. He needed more time to stage the house, and didn't count on Nicole showing up so early. MOO

If you go to Shanann's photos, and scroll to the end, there is one from November 2010 that is an ad for a club in Gastonia, NC. She was tagged in it and it looks like she was a dancer. Not throwing shade, just adding info.
Post reminded me of a short video blurb I saw where SW tells how she met CW: he sent her a friend request on FB, and that she accepted thinking she'd never meet him. (Of course he began pursuing her, target in sight).

Will someone post a link to Shannan's Instagram, plz?

The difficulty in this situation is that when you're coming down from the "love bombing" and perfect courtship and begin to spot the signs, you're convinced that these issues must be you or your fault. Men like CW are masters at emotional manipulation, and their life and persona is a complete fraud! And let's not forget the "great guy" image that exists outside your home. The interview with friend that hosted birthday party on Sunday is perfect example. He gave the testimonial of how CW was first to lend a hand, to help you move, mechanic, etc. but I promise you CW did not exhibit those traits inside his own home! My Dad could spot these frauds a mile a way - called them "Street Angels - House Devils." (Dad was a great teacher).

Dear Seattle1,

I've never heard your Dad's term - "Street Angels - House Devils". That perfectly describes these "gaslighters" and manipulating narcissists. Brilliant description.

This case is so hard. My heart goes out to Shanann's family.

This is so unfathomable. Evil behavior. What a monster.

Those little sweethearts. Shanann was working so hard for her family and in the videos it is so obvious how great her love was for those girls.

Goes to show that what you see on Facebook is often not the truth. Families present a rose-colored life when it's much different in reality.

There's still so much to learn about what went wrong. Financial troubles are obviously a recurring issue with this family. SW's career seemed to bring financial relief, but it appears to be a "get rick quick" network marketing deal that has no guarantee of future stability. I wonder if SW's success tormented CW, the husband, father and breadwinner. Did he feel outshined and embarrassed? Was he fired on Wednesday because of the disappearance of his family, or did he know it was coming, and completely lose his grip?

Last edited:
On the MLM discussion - I have had several friends involved with different ones of these and one thing I see over and over is that they often start out with a bang. Family & friends who want to be supportive, purchase from them. But once that initial circle is saturated, it becomes harder to repeat that success. Sometimes, the false idea that "this is going to be great - we're going to make X number of dollars a month and MORE going forward" leads them to make ill-advised financial decisions. One or two good months does not necessarily lead to a lifetime of repeat success. Then there is also the flaunting of cars, vacations, etc. by others in the organization that adds more fuel to that false fire.

On the MLM discussion - I have had several friends involved with different ones of these and one thing I see over and over is that they often start out with a bang. Family & friends who want to be supportive, purchase from them. But once that initial circle is saturated, it becomes harder to repeat that success. Sometimes, the false idea that "this is going to be great - we're going to make X number of dollars a month and MORE going forward" leads them to make ill-advised financial decisions. One or two good months does not necessarily lead to a lifetime of repeat success. Then there is also the flaunting of cars, vacations, etc. by others in the organization that adds more fuel to that false fire.

True, and you won't see any of the harder parts of network marketing on Facebook. You only see what the consultants want you to see. I know a woman who is a millionaire in MLM, but it's rare, and from what I understand, the easier it is to get the cars and the trips, the more flimsy the company structure.

All that said, SW may have been in something that was financially scary day-to-day. Not necessarily a scam company, but one that required continued and consistent heard work to maintain high profit levels.

And the tanks were "mostly full". No wonder they had a difficult time recovering them. SMH. No words.

RIP little sweethearts.

Yes, and based on what I've read about recovering bodies immersed in oil tanks- most likely had to completely drain
the tanks to recover the bodies. That's why the delay yesterday
in the media where they said they know where they are, but
have not recovered them.

If anyone deserves the DP, it is this who killed his two precious daughters. The trust and innocence of those babies, it takes some sort of twisted depravity to kill your own babies, and dump their bodies in oil tanks.

Then, to kill your pregnant wife? This was premeditated, and ended two lives.

<modsnip>This was not "crazy", although it is hard to defend these acts as "sane". Even California put SP on death row. This deserves it, and then some. Although, I really want him in gen pop, to live the life of "baby killer" in prison.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone deserves the DP, it is this who killed his two precious daughters. The trust and innocence of those babies, it takes some sort of twisted depravity to kill your own babies, and dump their bodies in oil tanks.

Then, to kill your pregnant wife? This was premeditated, and ended two lives.

<modsnip> This was not "crazy", although it is hard to defend these acts as "sane". Even California put SP on death row. This deserves it, and then some. Although, I really want him in gen pop, to live the life of "baby killer" in prison.

<modsnip> He deserves to never see freedom again. I am doubtful that anyone disagrees with that, regardless of their stance on DP. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
They couldnt afford another baby. They couldnt afford the house they had now. It was consuming 61% of their income.

Another baby =more medical expenses, less income as she has to take care of the baby, plus looming kindergarden and childcare expenses as Belle would turn 5 and Cele would soon be 4.

I see the financial vise closing in on him.

But there are ways to deal with it - move to a cheaper place, first of all, maybe he finds another job or she works harder. Cinch in the belt.

But maybe he and she have very different ideas on how this needs to happen.

I wonder what's the nature of the civil claim filed by the Wyndham Hill Master Assocation (I'm assuming that's a neighborhood association). I haven't seen anything indicating they were delinquent on their mortgage, but I can't imagine they were able to make full payments on time with their other mounting money woes.

I wonder what's the nature of the civil claim filed by the Wyndham Hill Master Assocation (I'm assuming that's a neighborhood association). I haven't seen anything indicating they were delinquent on their mortgage, but I can't imagine they were able to make full payments on time with their other mounting money woes.

Someone previously posted they were being sued for approx $1500. That amount is likely unpaid HOA fees .

And the tanks were "mostly full". No wonder they had a difficult time recovering them. SMH. No words.

RIP little sweethearts.
I have seen some pretty awful things on these threads over the years, but this one? A father murders his two beautiful little girls and then dumps their bodies in gas and oil tanks?

Didn't a neighbor see his truck backed into the driveway...does anyone remember when that was?

Geez, that poor ME having to autopsy these two little girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l