Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that puts ol’ BM in a conundrum, doesn’t it? In order for her not to be charged with the theft he has to say he authorized her to pick it up. Otherwise, how would she know it was there?
You're right, of course. A conundrum both ways. A loyal BM would fess up, and admit he authorized her to pick up the package. How loyal is BM?

I suppose he could conceivably say that he assumed SD would have the sense to call in advance or at least knock, explain her purpose, and otherwise respect the new owners' privacy. What will she say in her own defense? How loyal is SD?

This could all be nothing, of course: He ordered a kitchen appliance for his daughter and when it shipped he realized that he forgot to update his address in time. He asked his one trusted friend in town to pick it up without notice because the new owners are on the do not contact list. Pushing the boundaries? Yes. Abusing her friendship by putting her at risk? Yes. Grounds to revoke bond? No. MOO.

You're right, of course. A conundrum both ways. A loyal BM would fess up, and admit he authorized her to pick up the package. How loyal is BM?

I suppose he could conceivably say that he assumed SD would have the sense to call in advance or at least knock, explain her purpose, and otherwise respect the new owners' privacy. What will she say in her own defense? How loyal is SD?

This could all be nothing, of course: He ordered a kitchen appliance for his daughter and when it shipped he realized that he forgot to update his address in time. He asked his one trusted friend in town to pick it up without notice because the new owners are on the do not contact list. Pushing the boundaries? Yes. Abusing her friendship by putting her at risk? Yes. Grounds to revoke bond? No. MOO.
Nah, there is more to this story. It wasn't that he forgot to change the address.

Woman arrested for trespassing at former Morphew home | 9news.com

In this article, the author quotes from BM's AA:

"And I didn't meet her until Oct. 25. The first time I ever even saw her face to face and talked to her was Oct. 25." Barry Morphew continued, before saying that meeting Darke was god answering his prayer of, "please give me something," the affidavit reads.​

I find it interesting that he says it was the first time I ever even saw her face to face. Could that mean he had seen her online? Could she be a cute girl in Salida? Just speculation.

Well, it's also interesting that on page 21 of the AA, Barry tells investigators that it was the housekeeper of the Cushman's daughter and boyfriend that possibly did something to Suzanne.

If he didn't know Shoshanna on May 13 (date of the interview), then how did he know her daughter and boyfriend?

I've always found it too coincidental that Shoshanna and her boyfriend at the time were the only 2 witnesses that saw a "strange car" in the neighborhood on the weekend of Suzanne's disappearance, too.

I'm not at all convinced she is uninvolved, especially after this stunt. Imo.

Barry Morphew girlfriend arrested for trespassing at former family home

At 3:51 p.m. Sunday, Love got an email alert from the home surveillance system that came from the motion detector. A little before 6 p.m., Love texted the sheriff's office, "This person came on the property today. Not sure if they were with you or not."

After checking the house and reviewing the surveillance video, deputies realized the person on the property was Darke, describing her as "an acquaintance of Barry Morphew" who was employed as a housekeeper for a local realty company.

Love told the sheriff's office that she wanted to press charges, so Monday night, Darke was arrested on suspicion of criminal trespass, a class 3 misdemeanor.

Nah, there is more to this story. It wasn't that he forgot to change the address.
I agree! This is nuts. Could she have brought the package with her and pretend like she was picking it up but really doing something else on the property? It just says she was caught on camera with it, but who knows if it was even there to start with?

Well, well, well, what might we have here?

A couple'a busy B bumble buddies?

Met in person after a time.

Could she be why he didn't want his face, name and voice broadcast? Maybe they hadn't progressed to"LinkedInn Lovers" yet.... and B might've been known by another name on Bumble or the likes.

Barry sure likes to linger close.... which raises the question, if he wasn't living at PP in the months ahead of May 9, 2020, where had he been living? Hmm. Close enough to keep tabs? On turkeys and stuff.

JMO

I feel like Brad Pitt's character in the movie Se7en yelling @ Morgan Freeman, "What's in the Box?!"

The Kevin Spacey character is BM, of course.

Attachments

• 20210929_164843.jpg
    20210929_164843.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 9
So, with SD being arrested, would LE be able to take her phone and analyse this to find out whether she received any calls/texts from BM regarding this porch pilfering and trespassing?

Barry Morphew girlfriend arrested for trespassing at former family home

A friend of accused murderer Barry Morphew appeared in a Chaffee County courtroom Wednesday morning after being arrested on suspicion of trespassing on Morphew's former family home.

Officials said surveillance cameras picked up the image of 51-year-old Shoshona Darke as she walked across the driveway and picked up a FedEx package near the front door of the residence and, according to the arrest affidavit, didn't ring the doorbell. The home is in a remote mountain area with few neighbors.

Darke was taken into the Chaffee County Detention Center by deputies on Monday night, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said.

I agree! This is nuts. Could she have brought the package with her and pretend like she was picking it up but really doing something else on the property? It just says she was caught on camera with it, but who knows if it was even there to start with?

According to the AA, a Fed Ex delivery had been made within the previous hour.

Thx! Should have done my homework first. She obviously didn’t bring it with her.

I suppose this could be just a stupid mistake. The only thing I can think of is if he paid for something w/PayPal & if he doesn’t use it often, sometimes it will send it to your shipping address you have in PayPal & not what you put in the website you’re ordering from? That happened to me once & when I figured it out I went to my old address but I rang the doorbell to get it! Even if he knew the people didn’t actually live there full time so he thought he could just send her onto the property to snatch it—HOW STUPID! He is out on bail awaiting a murder trial for goodness sake! Ugh.

If SD was an innocent party to BM's bidding, you know the tool's tool, she's gonna be none to happy that she outed herself, to the public. Where she lives, with whom she lives.

Now that she's been arrested, has to get a lawyer, I hope she's very careful if she's thinking, "Barry, I don't appreciate being used by you. I'm done."

She may want to do that from the safety of State's witness.

JMO

I think of Suzanne as a full time working Mom. Being a bookkeeper for someone like Barry and his shady deals has to be mind boggling. Added to that is the fact that he had to be in control of the finances. It likely kept her very frustrated knowing she didn't know what he was really into or if he could be involving her in something nefarious. Then she had two daughters to care for full time. And lets not forget Barry, the big baby who had to be satisfied sexually and fed and taken care of one hundred percent of the time. Just thinking of being controlled by him, drains me completely!

And to pretend to the whole world that everything was OK.

Barry lived in Poncha Springs for a good long time. Did he leave his mailing address as PP and drop by for his packages? I don’t think so. Either way, Barry or any person associated with Barry should know enough that you never ever set foot at PP again. You screwed up package delivery? Call the shipper. Heck call your lawyer and ask how to deal with it. Kiss it goodbye and order another one. I’d call the sheriff and ask them how to deal with it before I’d ask my girlfriend to trespass and pick it up, while I am out on bond for something that the state believes occured at that property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member