Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Realtor. You need to “claim” the property or be the “rightful owner” to request that Zillow take the property off their website. Many of my clients take the property off Zillow because they don’t’t want to make “pictures” of their house interior public information. It is not uncommon at all. Either BM or the new owner took the house off Zillow for privacy. IMO
I think the property is still on Zillow with photos
19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201 | MLS #4727659 | Zillow

It will be interesting to see if this listing soon disappears.

JMO

Thanks...the address was removed from GOOGLE Maps last September 2020, it could only be Barry. It's still on Zillow, always has been. Even the sales before the Morphew's was there until very recently and the most recent sale from Barry. It's the GOOGLE map where it disappeared from, that was Barry requested and paid for.
Oh my goodness… sorry! I need to pay closer attention I guess. Thank you for clarifying. JMO

According to LS's live last night - the DA is asking Barry to move out of the PP neighborhood.

And to further complicate things @Knox

Barry was asked where the $30,000 from the ******** page for Suzanne went ………… Barry said, "I don't recall where money went……”

Anybody else find it odd that Barry was the one questioned about the ********* account? Not a mention in the AA about Trevor. I had always assumed it was Trevor who started the ********* account and possibly managing the disbursements at least initially, wouldn't Barry have been too traumatized? Oops, silly me. Maybe that was the falling out, we keep hearing over and over about how Barry loves the money. Maybe he pushed to get it going (why not capitalize a tragedy, everybody does it ) after all there's money to be made!!! and perhaps Trevor was tuned off.
It was Barry’s mom first then MM1 in charge. Many people were told to ask for refunds but I never saw anyone report back. It shouldn’t come into the trial I don’t think because is very clear that any donation is considered a gift.

Thanks...the address was removed from GOOGLE Maps last September 2020, it could only be Barry. It's still on Zillow, always has been. Even the sales before the Morphew's was there until very recently and the most recent sale from Barry. It's the GOOGLE map where it disappeared from, that was Barry requested and paid for.
Again you don’t pay to have information changed or removed from Google maps. Now perhaps he paid someone to handle it but really it isn’t that complicated just time consuming.

It was Barry’s mom first then MM1 in charge. Many people were told to ask for refunds but I never saw anyone report back. It shouldn’t come into the trial I don’t think because *** is very clear that any donation is considered a gift.
I agree there is no tax deduction for a G** donation. However I do wonder if G** should have issued a 1099 to GD as income. Can any CPA's weigh in on this?

I think Barry's behavior casts a bad shadow on the G** organization as a whole. People that donate do trust that the funds will be used for legitimate expenses, not to just to dole money out to your friends. Barry was very cavalier to claim he has little recollection of how over $30,000 was spent.

JMO

Last edited:
I'm not sure "force" is how this will go. Some have suggested he move into the house his galpal lives....but if that is a lease in her name the judge can't force Barry to move in with her or to force her to move out and the homeowner would have concerns about the lease switch and want a say in the whole thing. If the lease is in Barry's name that changes the situation. My vote is the lease is in her name. If Barry is being loaned the home he's in, his defense is going to argue that the court is unfairly putting a financial burden on Barry and "golly he didn't want to live there to begin with" so let him move to Gunnison. Going back to jail is not happening ..."perturbed" can't make the judge suddenly decide to toss Barry back in jail. Judges get "perturbed" all the time. So I predict the outcome however it's mediated will be interesting and something none of us have ever had vision into with previous cases.
Me thinks "tight-wad" BM (said by himself) doesn't want want to have to pay to live some where and/or sign a lease agreement, especially with his future uncertain at this time. His legal team has no doubt taken a nice chunk of change already (LOL) so his current funds available aren't what they once were (after his real estate sales, etc), so having to pay rent somewhere is probably not a high priority and/or a necessity to BM at this time in his life, especially with his future plans on hold right now.

Such a sad life he must be living right now, but one thing about it, he does have a female companion that, of course, he hooked up with after SM's disappearance/demise, but the funny thing about that is that she's making headlines now! As the old saying goes, birds of a feather flock together...

I am a Realtor. You need to “claim” the property or be the “rightful owner” to request that Zillow take the property off their website. Many of my clients take the property off Zillow because they don’t’t want to make “pictures” of their house interior public information. It is not uncommon at all. Either BM or the new owner took the house off
Zillow for privacy. IMO

It wasn't Zillow it was removed from, it was Google Maps. For several months you could not type the mailing address for the PP house and get a result on Maps. I haven't checked lately to see if it still does, though. Both former Morphew family residences are still viewable in Zillow and Realtor.com

If the judge lets Barry choose where to live, I might just rent a plane with a banner and fly it over Salida in protest. With a megaphone. Apparently, that’s a thing now.

I do wonder if we're going to have to get as aggressive as Team Gabby. Do you think the Ritter's would allow us to hang out in their front yard and follow Barry's every move?

Again you don’t pay to have information changed or removed from Google maps. Now perhaps he paid someone to handle it but really it isn’t that complicated just time consuming.
I
If the judge lets Barry choose where to live, I might just rent a plane with a banner and fly it over Salida in protest. With a megaphone. Apparently, that’s a thing now.
It is an interesting position to take. Why is it important for him to be in Chaffee County if gps works in some other location? It literally would fix both issues prosecution has…being liable to bump into locals who might be witnesses and it solves the gps conundrum. I guess for me it isn’t important where he lives as long as he shows up for any legal or court appointments as required.

I

It is an interesting position to take. Why is it important for him to be in Chaffee County if gps works in some other location? It literally would fix both issues prosecution has…being liable to bump into locals who might be witnesses and it solves the gps conundrum. I guess for me it isn’t important where he lives as long as he shows up for any legal or court appointments as required.

I can see your point, and I would like to agree, but then we would both be wrong.

The Judge ordered him to live in Chaffee County while out on bail. End of story. He is out on bail for first degree murder. He is lucky to be out at all. The court doesn’t owe him choices. There are places to live in Chaffee that can handle the gps. He doesn’t have to cross paths with locals at all. He can stay home. He seems to be adept at having packages delivered.

It wasn't Zillow it was removed from, it was Google Maps. For several months you could not type the mailing address for the PP house and get a result on Maps. I haven't checked lately to see if it still does, though. Both former Morphew family residences are still viewable in Zillow and Realtor.com
I remember that very well ..

I'm not sure "force" is how this will go. Some have suggested he move into the house his galpal lives....but if that is a lease in her name the judge can't force Barry to move in with her or to force her to move out and the homeowner would have concerns about the lease switch and want a say in the whole thing. If the lease is in Barry's name that changes the situation. My vote is the lease is in her name. If Barry is being loaned the home he's in, his defense is going to argue that the court is unfairly putting a financial burden on Barry and "golly he didn't want to live there to begin with" so let him move to Gunnison. Going back to jail is not happening ..."perturbed" can't make the judge suddenly decide to toss Barry back in jail. Judges get "perturbed" all the time. So I predict the outcome however it's mediated will be interesting and something none of us have ever had vision into with previous cases.

A 'perturbed' judge = feeling anxiety or concern; unsettled.

So a perturbed judge can decide to send Barry back to jail if they have concerns that he is breaking the terms of his release. If he asked SD to trespass onto his old property, that would be a concern. If he is staying in a location that blocks his GPS from tracking him, that's another big concern. If the judge is feeling 'unsettled' about current situation then he is possibly going to make some big changes.

I can see your point, and I would like to agree, but then we would both be wrong.

The Judge ordered him to live in Chaffee County while out on bail. End of story. He is out on bail for first degree murder. He is lucky to be out at all. The court doesn’t owe him choices. There are places to live in Chaffee that can handle the gps. He doesn’t have to cross paths with locals at all. He can stay home. He seems to be adept at having packages delivered.
Also, they need to keep an eye on him so he doesn't flee the jurisdiction. So staying in this same County is important. They can't expect another sheriff's department to take on that responsibility. JMO

And to further complicate things @Knox

Barry was asked where the $30,000 from the ******** page for Suzanne went ………… Barry said, "I don't recall where money went……”

Anybody else find it odd that Barry was the one questioned about the ********* account? Not a mention in the AA about Trevor. I had always assumed it was Trevor who started the ********* account and possibly managing the disbursements at least initially, wouldn't Barry have been too traumatized? Oops, silly me. Maybe that was the falling out, we keep hearing over and over about how Barry loves the money. Maybe he pushed to get it going (why not capitalize a tragedy, everybody does it ) after all there's money to be made!!! and perhaps Trevor was tuned off.
IIRC Trevor did initially set up the gimme fund (probably at the request of Barry, IMO) but the the admin was changed to Barry at one point, then it was changed to one of his family members. I believe it was either older daughter or Mom but I'm not positive.

IIRC Trevor did initially set up the gimme fund (probably at the request of Barry, IMO) but the the admin was changed to Barry at one point, then it was changed to one of his family members. I believe it was either older daughter or Mom but I'm not positive.

Not a clue BeckyF, don't think we ever knew , just made assumptions...but Barry is the one they questioned about where the funds went. Thought it was odd that Trevor (if he had a role) is never mentioned throughout the entire AA, not once. I do remember Shirley (grandmother) being the beneficiary at one point. As to the real admins and who set it up clueless. I agree, probably set up by Trevor at Barry's urging, Barry being too distressed of course. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not a clue BeckyF, don't think we ever knew , just made assumptions...but Barry is the one they questioned about where the funds went. Thought it was odd that Trevor (if he had a role) is never mentioned throughout the entire AA, not once. I do remember Shirley (grandmother) being the beneficiary at one point. As to the real admins and who set it up clueless. Probably set up by Trevor at Barry's urging, Barry being too distressed of course. :rolleyes:
True, he was the one questioned. I, too, am curious why TN is not mentioned in the AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member