Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1470851784939876353?s=21

Judge Patrick Murphy explaining the motion. Late Sept. #ShoshonaDarke was charged with trespassing on the former #BarryMorphew property. October 1 will be the trial for Darke case. The case will go to Judge Bowl. Murphy has a relationship with one of Darke's attorney's coworkers.

Judge says he had to remove himself from Shoshona Sarke's case because he is very close with one of the attorneys at the firm Ms. Darke is using-- he has known this particular person for 40+ years and is very close with him. @KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1470852009649754118?s=21
So judges and lawyers pretty much all know one another right? They can’t be unbiased in a case because of that? It’s a wonder then that any case could be heard fairly. And what do her attorneys have to do with Barry Morphew?

Why did they all wait until today to do this objecting?
This is a continuation of a continuation. The motion was brought up prior to the preliminary and the judge tabled it until after the preliminary. The first hearing was if I recall an hour and there were issues with Jeff Lindsey being able to testify via WebX so the hearing was continued until today...these are old motions. It is not an objection it is a charge that prosecution failed to deliver all the documents and what they did deliver they delivered late and a request for sanctions for the DAs social media activity. Also on the docket is a hearing on the voter fraud charge I do believe.

@Chelly Woah, I just saw the tweets so assume the original comment is regarding the motion on the judge! My apology for misunderstanding your comment.

Last edited:
Below BBM - Wonder if Darke hired this attorney with the knowledge of attorney's relationship with Judge Murphy thus realizing this would cause a conflict of interest in both her case and BM's case?

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

16m
Judge Patrick Murphy explaining the motion. Late Sept. #ShoshonaDarke was charged with trespassing on the former #BarryMorphew property. October 1 will be the trial for Darke case. The case will go to Judge Bowl. Murphy has a relationship with one of Darke's attorney's coworkers.

Below BBM - Wonder if Darke hired this attorney with the knowledge of attorney's relationship with Judge Murphy thus realizing this would cause a conflict of interest in both her case and BM's case?

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

16m
Ha! That was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Defense wants to delay this as long as possible, and that would be one hell of a chess move.

This is a continuation of a continuation. The motion was brought up prior to the preliminary and the judge tabled it until after the preliminary. The first hearing was if I recall an hour and there were issues with Jeff Lindsey being able to testify via WebX so the hearing was continued until today...these are old motions. It is not an objection it is a charge that prosecution failed to deliver all the documents and what they did deliver they delivered late and a request for sanctions for the DAs social media activity. Also on the docket is a hearing on the voter fraud charge I do believe.

@Chelly Woah, I just saw the tweets so assume the original comment is regarding the motion on the judge! My apology for misunderstanding your comment.
This is all about the judge having to recuse himself from the Darke case, thus possible connection and conflict with BM case.

Last edited:
This is my post from October 13 where I viewed SDs hearing. The Judge told her attorney that IF this goes to trial ( SD trespassing charge), he would have to remove himself.

IMO that is WHY SD decided to have a jury trial instead of bench trial. For Misdemeanor she had the option.

Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Cut and paste from my October 13 post:

Just watched SD hearing via WebEx. She appeared in person. Her lawyer was by phone. He said the name of his firm , 3 last names. Judge Murphy asked if one of the names was first name Sean, lawyer said yes. Judge said he’s known S since 6th grade so if this goes to trial, he could not preside.
He is sending to County Court.
This was supposed to be an appearance of counsel hearing. SD lawyer said their request to also do arraignment today was denied. Judge said no it wasn’t, did she want to enter not guilty plea. Lawyer said no.
Back in court November 16
Prosecution said they are waiting to hear back from victim.
This is on the trespassing charge.

[URL]https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1470856579457208321?s=21

The motion was filed at 7:30 this morning by the defense. Prosecution says it needs time to do research.
[/URL]
https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1470858723405049865?s=21

In a nutshell, Morphew's attorneys want Judge Murphy disqualified because of his lifetime relationship with lawyers representing Morphew's girlfriend, who was accused of trespassing at the Morphew's home earlier this fall. Shoshona Darke said she was merely picking up a Fedex pkg

Ha! That was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Defense wants to delay this as long as possible, and that would be one hell of a chess move.
Yup. Delay, delay, delay as much as possible.
Better for E&N, and their ‘indefensible’ client.

Sickening.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online