Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

I think it will, as it goes to proof of motive. SM was leaving him, and that document is evidence of the fact in her own words. BM tried to conceal knowledge of all this from investigators. It's a key aspect of the trial IMO.

I think this is why we're never going to find her phone. Everything to burn him was on it and he didn't have time to go through everything and delete anything incriminating.

Just something about the way Barry responded to questions about her phone.

When asked if Suzanne told him she befriended these people, he said no and then said, “But I have her phone. She gave me full access to her phone. She gave me the passcode- I mean, do you guys have her phone? Do you have her phone?”

When Agents tell Barry they don’t have her phone, he says, “Nobody found her phone?” and then, “I figured you guys had to have it.” He then says, “See, that’s, that’s, that’s really weird, because I thought from day one you guys had the phone.”

When Barry was asked where he would look for the phone knowing where the bike and the helmet were, he said, “In between.”

The constant bringing it up.

At 7:33 PM, CCSO dispatch called Barry and informed in a 1 :32-minute call that Suzanne’s bike was found. When asked to describe the bike, Barry did not know the make but said it was “blue with colorful

Page 38 of 129

petals.”Barry started crying and asked, “They found a bike?” He said he was heading that way and asked, “Did they, did they find the phone?”48 (48 Investigators noted that Barry did not ask if Suzanne was found, but he asked about “the” phone.)

SA Grusing said the last item was Barry’s texting to Suzanne from July to October 2020, and he was asked why he was texting her.

Barry said, “Ah, it was just an outlet for me to try to deal with my pain.”

Barry was asked if he was actually texting her message content and he said, “I texted if she could see it, I was texting as she was, as if she could read it. And I knew deep down in my heart that she probably wasn’t reading them, but it just kinda gave me comfort that I was talking to her.”

Barry said, “I’ll look into it. I can tell you right now what every one was, was, ‘I love you. I miss you. I want, I’m not gonna stop looking for you.’ Just things like that to make me feel better, yeah.”

Barry added, “And I just assumed that you guys had the phone. Urn, but I thought if there was a chance, if she had it and could see something, but like I said, I mostly did to make me feel better.”

SA Grusing said the FBI would search with law enforcement for the phone, and for Suzanne, asking Barry where he thinks we should concentrate.

Barry replied, “I would say the river. I mean, that makes more sense to me than anything. I don’t understand why somebody hasn’t been out there, before now. When the river was low, I mean, heck, they spend a hundred and forty grand to dig up a job site that there’s no way she was at.”
BBM this is why I can't quite get behind the phone in the river.

I think if you believe the dart theory your timeline works and I understand you are convinced of the dart theory. I'm not yet convinced of the dart theory and I am fascinated by the opening and closing of truck door(s)....someone could have driven up that driveway and gotten in and out of that truck for "conversation" not wanting to be heard inside the house. I'm not totally convinced yet beyond reasonable doubt that Barry did it and/or Barry did it alone. The airplane mode...I would like to know if he routinely does that to conserve battery or because he doesn't know how to silence notifications or ring tones and just finds it easier to put into airplane mode. In other words is that a habit or specific to this weekend. I think there are still missing pieces that should get tied up at trial theoretically.

You can see his Airplane Mode history in the AA.

It won't format here and I don't have an image file of it handy so you'll need to follow the link: Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew

I think this is why we're never going to find her phone. Everything to burn him was on it and he didn't have time to go through everything and delete anything incriminating.

Just something about the way Barry responded to questions about her phone.

When asked if Suzanne told him she befriended these people, he said no and then said, “But I have her phone. She gave me full access to her phone. She gave me the passcode- I mean, do you guys have her phone? Do you have her phone?”

When Agents tell Barry they don’t have her phone, he says, “Nobody found her phone?” and then, “I figured you guys had to have it.” He then says, “See, that’s, that’s, that’s really weird, because I thought from day one you guys had the phone.”

When Barry was asked where he would look for the phone knowing where the bike and the helmet were, he said, “In between.”

The constant bringing it up.

At 7:33 PM, CCSO dispatch called Barry and informed in a 1 :32-minute call that Suzanne’s bike was found. When asked to describe the bike, Barry did not know the make but said it was “blue with colorful

Page 38 of 129

petals.”Barry started crying and asked, “They found a bike?” He said he was heading that way and asked, “Did they, did they find the phone?”48 (48 Investigators noted that Barry did not ask if Suzanne was found, but he asked about “the” phone.)

SA Grusing said the last item was Barry’s texting to Suzanne from July to October 2020, and he was asked why he was texting her.

Barry said, “Ah, it was just an outlet for me to try to deal with my pain.”

Barry was asked if he was actually texting her message content and he said, “I texted if she could see it, I was texting as she was, as if she could read it. And I knew deep down in my heart that she probably wasn’t reading them, but it just kinda gave me comfort that I was talking to her.”

Barry said, “I’ll look into it. I can tell you right now what every one was, was, ‘I love you. I miss you. I want, I’m not gonna stop looking for you.’ Just things like that to make me feel better, yeah.”

Barry added, “And I just assumed that you guys had the phone. Urn, but I thought if there was a chance, if she had it and could see something, but like I said, I mostly did to make me feel better.”

SA Grusing said the FBI would search with law enforcement for the phone, and for Suzanne, asking Barry where he thinks we should concentrate.

Barry replied, “I would say the river. I mean, that makes more sense to me than anything. I don’t understand why somebody hasn’t been out there, before now. When the river was low, I mean, heck, they spend a hundred and forty grand to dig up a job site that there’s no way she was at.”
BBM this is why I can't quite get behind the phone in the river.

Yes I think you are right.

He binned it. It's the only other possiblilty.

I think the phone is his biggest mistake. He should at a minimum, have turned it off the night before. Turning it off at 4.23am when obviously only he was up is a disaster.

Yes I think you are right.

He binned it. It's the only other possiblilty.

I think the phone is his biggest mistake. He should at a minimum, have turned it off the night before. Turning it off at 4.23am when obviously only he was up is a disaster.
He was snookered by it, as he couldn't leave it behind, and he couldn't make it so Suzanne went on a bike ride with it turned on.

He also couldn't shut it off during Saturday afternoon, as that could potentially set off alarm bells way too early.

So poor Barry had to incriminate himself by shutting it off just before he left the house, and Suzanne had to take a bike ride with her phone shut off...

On Mother's Day.

You can see his Airplane Mode history in the AA.

It won't format here and I don't have an image file of it handy so you'll need to follow the link: Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew

I misunderstood something.

He came OUT of airplane mode at 4.32AM? Or does this mean airplane mode was OFF between those times?

START TIME
5/9/2020 10:17:06 PM(UTC -6)

END TIME
5/10/2020 4:32:23 AM(UTC-6)

He was snookered by it, as he couldn't leave it behind, and he couldn't make it so Suzanne went on a bike ride with it turned on.

He also couldn't shut it off during Saturday afternoon, as that could potentially set off alarm bells way too early.

So poor Barry had to incriminate himself by shutting it off just before he left the house, and Suzanne had to take a bike ride with her phone shut off...

On Mother's Day.

Or even worse, he shut it off after he left the house ...

He came OUT of airplane mode at 4.32AM? Or does this mean airplane mode was OFF between those times?

START TIME

END TIME

According to the notes, his phone was in normal mode, and then went into airplane mode shortly before he left the house that morning. Barry would have wanted his phone to be tracked at home while he was off disposing of Suzanne's body.

On May 9th, at 10:17 PM, an “airplane mode off’ event started on Barry’s phone and the phone was then powered on at 4:32AM on May 10,2020. That May 9-10,2020 night, approximately 210 locations for Barry’s phone registered near the Morphew residence, compared to zero-to-two locations on previous nights from May 1st through May 8th.

I think if you believe the dart theory your timeline works and I understand you are convinced of the dart theory. I'm not yet convinced of the dart theory and I am fascinated by the opening and closing of truck door(s)....someone could have driven up that driveway and gotten in and out of that truck for "conversation" not wanting to be heard inside the house. I'm not totally convinced yet beyond reasonable doubt that Barry did it and/or Barry did it alone. The airplane mode...I would like to know if he routinely does that to conserve battery or because he doesn't know how to silence notifications or ring tones and just finds it easier to put into airplane mode. In other words is that a habit or specific to this weekend. I think there are still missing pieces that should get tied up at trial theoretically.
AA 129/131
This is a chart of the times Barry's phone was on/off airplane mode.

START TIME

END TIME

It's really hard to follow on the report. Going AA line to AA line you get:

May 09, 22:17 – Barry’s Phone Exits out of Airplane Mode
Barry's phone comes out of airplane mode at the Morphew residence.

May 10, 02:53 – Outgoing call on Suzanne’s phone
Possible glitch.

May 10, 03:25 – 03:48 – Barry’s truck door opened and closed
Does not open again until 08:10 at the RTD Bus Stop in Broomfield.

May 10, 03:58 – Barry’s phone moves from home to near where Suzanne’s bike found
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

May 10, 04:10 – 04:32 – Last Activity from Suzanne’s iPhone
Sergeant Mullenax asked dispatch to ping the number given for Suzanne’s cell phone. Dispatch informed Mullenax that the cell phone appeared to be off and last known activity was at 4:23AM on the present date, with a general location about 11.5 miles west of a cell tower in Poncha Springs, CO.

May 10, 04:32 – Barry’s Phone Goes Back into Airplane Mode
Barry's Phone Goes Back into Airplane Mode

May 10, 04:32 – 05:14 – Chasing Elk, or Staging Evidence?
Barry's trip to Garfield adds an approximate five miles each way to his morning trip, and places Barry and his vehicle in the direction the helmet was discarded - west from the bicycle.

May 10, 05:00 – Morgan Gentile Hears Barry’s Truck on Hwy 50
Gentile stated she did not see the truck but that his truck has a very distinctive exhaust.

May 10, 05:14 – 06:56 – Barry on the road to Broomfield.
Barry phone exits airplane mode while heading towards Buena Vista, CO.

Which business failed? I've been trying to piece together in my mind their income sources and I had the deer farm, rental properties and the land that he had planted trees and his commercial landscape business...what am I missing? It seemed to me that it was a joint decision to move to Colorado, perhaps to downsize the square footage and simply their lives and their was always that rumor that Suzanne thought Barry was cheating on her in Indiana so I thought it was a joint decision, but I didn't know he had a business that failed that might have been a consideration.
So in Suzanne’s words:
Barry told her what to do and how to do it. What to wear and how to dress. How to eat. What medicines she could/could not take. He controlled every aspect of her life. I believe their life was “his” dream not hers. Nothing was joint about their relationship that I have heard about that came from Suzanne. I believe she “dutifully” made Barry seem perfect because he demanded it.

As far as his reputation here in Indiana, it’s that of a “con man”. “Hot headed”. “Self centered”.

What have I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member