Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Lama won't exactly be sympathetic to Barry's staged bike accident, considering he was in a very real one.

Eight months into his private practice, Lama was in a biking accident. He broke his neck, an incident that could have paralyzed or even killed him. However he was lucky enough to survive the incident. “It had a profound effect on me,” he says, “I used to take advantage of my health, but not anymore.” Despite the accident, he successfully rebuilt his practice and he and his wife, currently have a 15 month old son.

Illinois to Aquinas to Spain to Colorado: Ramsey Lama’s Journey to Judgeship

Last edited:
Ramsey Lama appointed judge

Growing up in a suburb of Chicago, Lama said he was raised in a diverse and tough neighborhood.

He still keeps in touch with five friends: One is now a cop, one is an immigration lawyer, one is a successful businessman, and one is a career criminal who just called him to say he was out of prison on parole.

“I think that neighborhood shaped me,” he said. “I think it gave me my work ethic and appreciation for diversity.”

While working on his undergraduate degree from Aquinas College in 2004, Lama was also training to be a boxer. He made it to the Michigan Golden Glove Lightweight State Championship.

He said he had the choice to become a professional fighter or become a lawyer. Lama ended up earning his doctorate in law from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2008.

I'm not exactly sure why people (in some parts) feel this way, but this is the judge they've been rooting for.

Sorry Barry.
I wonder why someone thinks he is a “bad choice”? From the Midwest, Catholic college undergrad, migrated to Colorado…peer reviews similar to Judge Murphy. Seems like the perfect choice to understand the nuances. Can someone enlighten me why he would not be an impartial judge for this case?

Colorado Judicial Branch - Bio

Judge Lama was appointed to the district court bench in January, 2016. Judge Lama currently hears criminal, civil, domestic relations and juvenile cases.

Prior to his appointment, Judge Lama was a solo practitioner at the Law Office of Ramsey Lama, LLC. His practice focuses on criminal defense. Prior to forming his own firm, Lama worked for the Office of the Colorado State Public Defender in its Salida and Grand Junction Offices. Lama earned his undergraduate degree from Aquinas College in 2004 and his Juris Doctor from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2008.
He's been practicing law for 13+ -ish years in the capacity of public defender and as a criminal defense atty in his own firm but never as a prosecutor? Did I get that right? I don't know how optimistic I am of this appointment.

Last edited:
I wonder why someone thinks he is a “bad choice”? From the Midwest, Catholic college undergrad, migrated to Colorado…peer reviews similar to Judge Murphy. Seems like the perfect choice to understand the nuances. Can someone enlighten me why he would not be an impartial judge for this case?
I've no idea one way or the other but can you tell me why being Catholic has anything to do with his appointment or his ability to judge this trial?
Also, what nuances do you speak of? TIA

Judge Lama won't exactly be sympathetic to Barry's staged bike accident, considering he was in a very real one.

Eight months into his private practice, Lama was in a biking accident. He broke his neck, an incident that could have paralyzed or even killed him. However he was lucky enough to survive the incident. “It had a profound effect on me,” he says, “I used to take advantage of my health, but not anymore.” Despite the accident, he successfully rebuilt his practice and he and his wife, currently have a 15 month old son.

Illinois to Aquinas to Spain to Colorado: Ramsey Lama’s Journey to Judgeship
Particularly interesting to me your bolded part. Am I the only one who hears Suzanne speaking her truth that despite the fact she had twice beaten cancer it had a profound effect on her. She wanted to live her life without Barry and to remain healthy despite the circumstances of her marriage. She wanted to rebuild her life too and move on. God Bless her! IMO

I'm not exactly sure why people (in some parts) feel this way, but this is the judge they've been rooting for.

Sorry Barry.

Seems like some of you are misunderstanding the above post. I understand it to mean that Massguy heard whispers that some people in the know think Lama is the perfect judge to achieve justice for Suzanne. Thus Massguy saying sorry Barry, you’ve jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

Seems like some of you are misunderstanding the above post. I understand it to mean that Massguy heard whispers that some people in the know think Lama is the perfect judge to achieve justice for Suzanne. Thus Massguy saying sorry Barry, you’ve jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

Precisely. I don't know what their thinking is, but this is the man they wanted.

If I'm ever saying "poor Barry," it's always tongue in cheek.

@marylamby

Particularly interesting to me your bolded part. Am I the only one who hears Suzanne speaking her truth that despite the fact she had twice beaten cancer it had a profound effect on her. She wanted to live her life without Barry and to remain healthy despite the circumstances of her marriage. She wanted to rebuild her life too and move on. God Bless her! IMO
Yup. I imagine her saying to herself, "life's too short to be married to Barry Morphew."

That should be put on a shirt or something.

In Seinfeld, George Costanza uses the alias "Art Vandelay," in order to sell certain schemes and fictitious stories. In the finale, to George's amazement, the presiding judge is hilariously named Art Vandelay.

Likewise, Barry Morphew used various animals in order to sell his lies (elk, deer, chipmunks, bobcat, turkey).

Ironically, the presiding judge is named Lama (close enough).

The 'Sorry Barry' came out loud and clear. I just would like to know why? I want the 'whispers'! I'm impatient that way! :p

His selection was a random pick right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member