Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to write some thoughts down while I'm watching the 48hrs live right now, so pardon any spelling or grammatical errors.

- The reporter guy doing the all the questions is talking to people like they are 5 yrs old. Really? Give us a little credit. The ??? he asks are REALLY leading. I would have preferred it to be more neutral. It's very slanted and one sided. The facts are damning enough without this pandering. I get that not everyone is up to speed on this case but it is obvious that this program is slanted against bM. I hope this doesn't taint a jury pool.

- JL is a garbage person. A complete failure of a human being. The woman he loves is discarded like garbage. Oh and then there was his wife and kids. He discarded them as well. If I didn't hate bM so much, this so called "man" would take his place. I can't begin to fathom his actions and what a shame it was that Suzanne might have lost her life over this, and I used the term lightly, "man". I'm seething mad right now that this guy did nothing. COWARD.

- How does barry get ANYTHING done in his life??? He spends each waking second hunting, thinking of hunting or following game, tinkering with weapons, putting up trail cams, and looking for every opportunity he can for things he can kill or take advantage of. He can barely get out of his front door without thinking about killing or stalking something. God help any living entity that crosses barry's path!

The rest of the time he's being cheap. Trying to get free meals, getting rid of garbage, driving in and out of parking lots, sitting in parked cars, taking showers, looking at *advertiser censored*, searching for hot girls. Oh yeah, and works out and hits on women at the gym. Always hunting for something. It's no wonder he spent a whole 15 minutes at the job site in Salida. He has so many other things to do.

- bM is such a Godly man. When was the last time he went to church? Haven't heard anything about that.

- I don't like the dart theory. Not enough evidence to support that theory 100%. I think the truth is way different. I keep thinking of The Staircase and the Michael Peterson case. The prosecution was so set in their theory that it hurt their case IMHO. I don't know but I hope the prosecution doesn't get too set on that 1 single theory. It narrows things and allows the defense too many outs. We'll never know the truth unless b'M confesses. Again, just my opinion.

- The program deserved more time. Two hour special. There was too much info to go into in just an hour. Seems like it just barely grazed over all of the facts. I get it though..we here are all heavily invested into this case and this program wasn't geared towards us, it was geared toward people who know nothing about the case. No big revelations here. There is still a lot of this story to go.

- Those poor girls. His daughters. Heartbreaking that they have to go thru ANY of this. Hard to see them being used as a tool. It's unfair that they have lost so much and can potentially lose so much more. They have been put in an awful situation that not many of us can ever understand. Their internal conversations must be devastating and I hope that they are getting some professional help to handle all of this.

I hate to ask but could you fill me in on the glove box DNA? I am not familiar with everything on this case. TIA.
I don’t think we have heard enough from experts yet about this evidence, but here is what came out at the Preliminary Hearing. I think the major bone of contention is that the Defense is saying that the State had information that they did not share in Discovery before the hearing. JMO
Barry Morphew murder case: DNA found in Suzanne Morphew's car matches partial samples from unsolved sex assaults
Investigators found male DNA on the glovebox in Suzanne Morphew’s car that corresponds with partial DNA profiles found in three unsolved sexual assault cases in different states, a Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent testified Tuesday.

The partial DNA profile developed from the glovebox DNA matched with profiles developed in unsolved sexual assault cases in Chicago, Pheonix and Tempe, CBI Agent Joseph Cahill confirmed during questioning by Barry Morphew’s defense attorney Iris Eytan.

Prosecutors tried to downplay the validity of the DNA matches while cross-examining Cahill, the CBI agent. Cahill said the forensic scientist described the glovebox DNA as “limited genetic data.”

I think they did a pretty good job. both sides caught a break. The prosecution because the show did not bring up the broken dart gun or that the forensic folks said it had not been fired recently. The defense because the dna will play a role despite people wanting to downplay it. The car telematics guy was useless. Seems like that piece of it got skimmed over. But in general the producers did a pretty good job of summarizing the known facts in an overview format. Someone who knew nothing about the case could come away understanding the complexities involved.

Or...in a running attack, she manages to end up behind him, and used her left hand to grab/gouge his right arm with all her force. Maybe he had control of her right hand. MOO
I said this wrong. I meant to say: Or...in a running attack, she manages to end up behind him, and used her left hand to grab/gouge his left arm with all her force. Maybe he had control of her right hand.

I'm just going to write some thoughts down while I'm watching the 48hrs live right now, so pardon any spelling or grammatical errors.

- The reporter guy doing the all the questions is talking to people like they are 5 yrs old. Really? Give us a little credit. The ??? he asks are REALLY leading. I would have preferred it to be more neutral. It's very slanted and one sided. The facts are damning enough without this pandering. I get that not everyone is up to speed on this case but it is obvious that this program is slanted against bM. I hope this doesn't taint a jury pool.

- JL is a garbage person. A complete failure of a human being. The woman he loves is discarded like garbage. Oh and then there was his wife and kids. He discarded them as well. If I didn't hate bM so much, this so called "man" would take his place. I can't begin to fathom his actions and what a shame it was that Suzanne might have lost her life over this, and I used the term lightly, "man". I'm seething mad right now that this guy did nothing. COWARD.

- How does barry get ANYTHING done in his life??? He spends each waking second hunting, thinking of hunting or following game, tinkering with weapons, putting up trail cams, and looking for every opportunity he can for things he can kill or take advantage of. He can barely get out of his front door without thinking about killing or stalking something. God help any living entity that crosses barry's path!

The rest of the time he's being cheap. Trying to get free meals, getting rid of garbage, driving in and out of parking lots, sitting in parked cars, taking showers, looking at *advertiser censored*, searching for hot girls. Oh yeah, and works out and hits on women at the gym. Always hunting for something. It's no wonder he spent a whole 15 minutes at the job site in Salida. He has so many other things to do.

- bM is such a Godly man. When was the last time he went to church? Haven't heard anything about that.

- I don't like the dart theory. Not enough evidence to support that theory 100%. I think the truth is way different. I keep thinking of The Staircase and the Michael Peterson case. The prosecution was so set in their theory that it hurt their case IMHO. I don't know but I hope the prosecution doesn't get too set on that 1 single theory. It narrows things and allows the defense too many outs. We'll never know the truth unless b'M confesses. Again, just my opinion.

- The program deserved more time. Two hour special. There was too much info to go into in just an hour. Seems like it just barely grazed over all of the facts. I get it though..we here are all heavily invested into this case and this program wasn't geared towards us, it was geared toward people who know nothing about the case. No big revelations here. There is still a lot of this story to go.

- Those poor girls. His daughters. Heartbreaking that they have to go thru ANY of this. Hard to see them being used as a tool. It's unfair that they have lost so much and can potentially lose so much more. They have been put in an awful situation that not many of us can ever understand. Their internal conversations must be devastating and I hope that they are getting some professional help to handle all of this.
"- How does barry get ANYTHING done in his life??? He spends each waking second hunting, thinking of hunting or following game, tinkering with weapons, putting up trail cams, and looking for every opportunity he can for things he can kill or take advantage of. He can barely get out of his front door without thinking about killing or stalking something. God help any living entity that crosses barry's path!"
Evidence in the Suzanne Morphew case
I cried when looking thru the evidence photos for it was only this evening that I noticed a bear's head on the family room floor. #CrueltyToAnimalsAndHumans

Screenshot 2022-01-22 10.47.27 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members