Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
{I'll apologize for what continues a mystery to this novitiate:}
I'm very sorry, but the ether disappeared my work (2 hrs. in progress :mad:...)
And right now I mustn't continue sitting a further length of time to try and 'reconstruct' it.
I was, ( and will, when my "will" returns), continue my response to @Boxer -
- whose post appears further along in this thread? - wherein I unreservedly agreed with his opinion that the Barr the would fail to appear for trial (or words to this effect.)

Barry is 5'11 and Suzanne is 5'4". With both positions, I would expect that diagonally oriented scratches on his bicep.
Yeah, but I don't believe they were standing. I think this probably took place closer to the ground, as she may have been tackled, or succumbing to the effects of the tranquilizer.

Yeah, but I don't believe they were standing. I think this probably took place closer to the ground, as she may have been tackled, or succumbed to the effects of the tranquilizer.

Okay, let's walk this through. He kicks in the bedroom door, shoots her with the dart.

I can see her being a little stunned at not having a bullet tear through her flesh, so it may take her a few seconds to react. If I see someone coming at me with a rifle, I'm gonna expect a bullet not a dart.

So maybe she tries to slip past him, she's small and kind of athletic, so I can see her making the move. A little juke and Barry has to drop the rifle so he has both arms free to body block her at the door. If Suzanne was the fighter we've been told she is, why didn't Barry have more marks? She's a scrapper with a fight or flight adrenaline rush. Shouldn't he have more scratches?

Okay, let's walk this through. He kicks in the bedroom door, shoots her with the dart.

I can see her being a little stunned at not having a bullet tear through her flesh, so it may take her a few seconds to react. If I see someone coming at me with a rifle, I'm gonna expect a bullet not a dart.

So maybe she tries to slip past him, she's small and kind of athletic, so I can see her making the move. A little juke and Barry has to drop the rifle so he has both arms free to body block her at the door. If Suzanne was the fighter we've been told she is, why didn't Barry have more marks? She's a scrapper with a fight or flight adrenaline rush. Shouldn't he have more scratches?
I think he shot her outside, perhaps from the breezeway. He mentioned that location for a reason, and told Grusing they may find darts there (if I recall).

As we learned from the AA, those chemicals take several minutes to take full effect.

So he shoots her and she manages to enter the house, and lock herself in the room. He fears that she will alert someone or arm herself, kicks the door in, and strangles her.

I think he shot her outside, perhaps from the breezeway. He mentioned that location for a reason, and told Grusing they may find darts there (if I recall).

As we learned from the AA, those chemicals take several minutes to take full effect.

So he shoots her and she manages to enter the house, and lock herself in the room. He fears that she will alert someone or arm herself, kicks the door in, and strangles her.
That is exactly the way I picture it happening as well, it checks every box we know.

Yeah, but I don't believe they were standing. I think this probably took place closer to the ground, as she may have been tackled, or succumbing to the effects of the tranquilizer.
I have to smile because you are wedded to that tranquilizer theory. It will be interesting to see if prosecution attempts that one again at trial or just doesn’t attempt to paint a picture with one theory.

I have to smile because you are wedded to that tranquilizer theory. It will be interesting to see if prosecution attempts that one again at trial or just doesn’t attempt to paint a picture with one theory.
I personally think the tranquiliser features too. Three times I can think of it crops up. The dryer. The trash dump where Barry admits to disposing of something related. The bizarre story about the poor mutilated deer.

Too many coincidences IMO.

How can you not be?

Had they merely found a cap in the dryer, that would be incredibly weak.

Barry claimed he shot deer from that breezeway just a month before, in order to saw their antlers off. It's remarkable, the deer just come to him.

Deer don't even have antlers that time of year, and that's a crime (confessing to lesser crimes is a hallmark of guilty people). He also didn't remember the name of the reversal agent, or if he had any.

Of course no antlers were found, and Barry just happened to throw tranquilizer materials away during his trash dumps.

What seems to be overlooked, is the very clothing Barry was wearing that day was also found in the dryer. It's almost as if he killed Suzanne and washed his clothes, obviously forgetting about the cap. Had that cap been there for any length of time, Suzanne would have surely discovered it.

He even puts a gun in his hand at the time, with the hilarious chipmunk story.

Also, how someone was killed is not an element of a murder charge. So believe it or not, it doesn't make Barry any less of a killer.

It fits though.

Last edited:
How can you not be?

Barry claimed he shot deer from that breezeway just a month before, in order to saw their antlers off. It's remarkable, the deer just come to him.

Deer don't even have antlers that time of year, and that's a crime (confessing to lesser crimes is a hallmark of guilty people). He also didn't remember the name of the reversal agent, or if he had any.

Of course no antlers were found, and Barry just happened to throw tranquilizer materials away during his trash dumps.

What seems to be overlooked, is the very clothing Barry was wearing that day was also found in the dryer. It's almost as if he killed Suzanne and washed his clothes, obviously forgetting about the cap. Had that cap been there for any length of time, Suzanne would have surely discovered it.

Also, how someone was killed is not an element of a murder charge. So believe it or not, it doesn't make Barry any less of a killer.

It fits though.
Agree I just have doubts about the tranquilizer theory. It could be any means that doesn’t leave biologic evidence.

How can you not be?

It fits though.
My problem with the tranquilizer not being a part of the prosecutions theory is the way Barry tells a story. As you have pointed out consistently, each question they ask him comes with his version of a new story, always involving an animal of some sort. We have deer, chimpmunks, elk, turkey. I know I left out several. And the story of tranquilizing big game for the antlers is important to him. And why dispose of tranquilizer materials in Broomfield?

Seems to fit a pattern of his overpowering her .

https://twitter.com/russellhaythorn/status/1424819049339359242?s=21
Morphew trial resumes with FBI agent Ken Harris. Harris testifying about text messages between #suzannemorphew and a friend. Suzanne details arguments between her and #BarryMorphew, including one where Barry holds her down on the bed and doesn't let her up while arguing.

I’m so far behind here, but wanted to say I’m so very sorry for your loss. I’m glad your son is with you. Your husband sounds like a very special man. You’re a very strong woman! Let the memories warm you and help you thru the pain. You will never be alone, we are your family too! <3
Thank you Chocoholic. WS has become my sanctuary since he passed away. I was his caregiver and that's been taken away from me. I would gladly trade to have him back. He was my rock.

You are my family here and I cherish all of you.

Last edited:

Why would he have the tranq dart in the truck with him?

My problem with the tranquilizer not being a part of the prosecutions theory is the way Barry tells a story. As you have pointed out consistently, each question they ask him comes with his version of a new story, always involving an animal of some sort. We have deer, chimpmunks, elk, turkey. I know I left out several. And the story of tranquilizing big game for the antlers is important to him. And why dispose of tranquilizer materials in Broomfield?
He was hiding everything he trashed in Broomfield. He didn't think he'd be seen on camera.

JMO

Last edited:

I just don't know why else he would mention it. It's as if he has to plant a different idea other than he shot her with it. He did admit to throwing away tranquillizer stuff on a trash run. I think that is why I feel he did use one on her. I think he snuck up on her and wanted to incapacitate her.. maybe to look in her phone. Maybe she ran and he reacted in anger or saw something that made him snap.

I go back and forth on if he planned it well ahead or if I think he intended to just show her a lesson or wanted to hurt her, but not kill her and something went wrong. Maybe he did plan it ahead and carried it out like he planned. He has lied so many times, it's hard to know what is the truth and what he has said as a cover up.

May 2020 BM says he has never tranqued deer in Colorado, only back in Indiana.

March 2021 when confronted with evidence and even told that the tranquilizer gun appears to have not been used in a long time, BM insists that he used it in April 2020.

Attachments

• F7F25221-05AF-4AD0-B9AA-B38006DC1724.jpeg
    F7F25221-05AF-4AD0-B9AA-B38006DC1724.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DFBD3AA1-0D6E-4410-AB06-D03D667F6D3B.jpeg
    DFBD3AA1-0D6E-4410-AB06-D03D667F6D3B.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 25861FA8-4113-4C4D-9372-3933DD669D63.jpeg
    25861FA8-4113-4C4D-9372-3933DD669D63.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 25
May 2020 BM says he has never tranqued deer in Colorado, only back in Indiana.

March 2021 when confronted with evidence and even told that the tranquilizer gun appears to have not been used in a long time, BM insists that he used it in April 2020.
Holy crap. If I had seen that before I forgot about it. One day I'm going to go through this thing and count how many lies he told. That's a big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024