Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is innocent, he has the law to protect him.
Not exactly.... Unfortunately, if you are accused of any crime, you should hire an attorney, or at least consult with one, regardless of guilt or innocence. The court system is designed very specifically to support the lawyers. (No offence to our wonderful lawyers here).

It is designed so that the average or even above average person in any kind of legal difficulty has to hire an attorney.

Although “technically” one can represent one’s self, the laws are very deliberately made in such a convoluted, twisted, and overly intricate manner that unless you have four years of law school, you might not make heads or tails of the ton of BS that might be dumped upon you...

The 48 Hour special was interesting. I saved all of it (in 13 parts) and several compilations of pics.

Please go check it out, so I don't feel like I wasted most of the day doing it :).

Photobucket
Amazing job as always, Thanks Amanda.

In the God awful garage...is that an ATV or motorcycle or both? Anybody Know(?) I can't quite make it out.

A Chaotic Chase? PP Floor Plan?
A helpful post showed the (estimated?) zigzag patterns of the chase, w footage and times detailed. Sorry, do not remember who posted, but TYVM.
Was the chase entirely within the house? Or did the chase reach backyard? Front yard? If so, how/where did BM & SM get in and out of house?

Q1. Mudroom = Breezeway? Is the breezeway (i.e. the location from which BM said he sometimes shot/tranquilized game), the same room as the mudroom that PP sales listing* refers to?
Q2. Even if breezeway = mudroom, I'm not seeing either one below.
- Not designated as such on county assessor's sketch (but no room names are shown, just dimensions).
- Not showing in PP listing pix.*

Doors?
Door 1. PP sales listing's Home Details:*
"Mudroom entry from garage..."

Door 2? Seems logical that breezeway/mudroom would have a door opening to patio/backyard/exterior, yes?
If there is such a door, does it open to the small rectangular "open slab" or large semi-circular "open slab" in sketch? Or elsewhere?
In listing pix* I don't see interior or exterior pix of wall w that (my imagined?) door.
Does TV's helicopter footage (from way back when, maybe May 2020? I can't find link ATM) show that ext wall & door? Link w time mark, pls, anyone?

Door 3? Seems logical that breezeway/mudroom would have a door opening to kitchen or hallway, yes?
Again I don't see it in assessor's sketch or listing pix.

If they went in & out of (3?) doors in breezeway/mudroom and possibly front door and Clear-View type twin doors in living room, it would have been an extremely chaotic sequence.
Click to enlarge image.

Image source, Chaffee Co. Assessor website at
qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097
my2ct

Last edited:
The 48 Hour special was interesting. I saved all of it (in 13 parts) and several compilations of pics.

Please go check it out, so I don't feel like I wasted most of the day doing it :).

Photobucket

Thanks! I have many questions about that garage.

A million thanks, @AmandaReckonwith!

That garage! My dog almighty, what's under his workbench??? Was it alive once?????

I wish I could see/read what's on that board.

That workbench is a hot mess. Wth. Didn't he tell LE he cleared off his workbench and his truck, ergo the dumpster runs?

How'd he come into possession of all those mounted deer heads?

Did Barry fielddress his kills? Did he ever do it in Suzanne's sight?

Sadly I picture him sedating wildlife. Shooting them when they're down, taking the obligatory kill photo, then leaving their poisoned bodies to decay in the woods, stopping on his way home only long enough to buy the corresponding side of beef/bear/elk someone else legitimately took down.

Some people are responsible hunters.
Some people are solid partners.
Some people earn honest dollars.
Some people are Godly men.

And some people are frauds.

JMO

Last edited:
But the DNA was found in the victims car. How did it get there? Unless perhaps she brought her vehicle to a full service car wash, that might explain it, or unless there is a police report of a theft from her vehicle, that might explain it. But the touch DNA--how likely is it that she touched something that the sex criminal touched, and then transferred it to her glove box?
Ive got locking lugs on my Sequoia. They're in the dash. moo

Amazing job as always, Thanks Amanda.

In the God awful garage...is that an ATV or motorcycle or both? Anybody Know(?) I can't quite make it out.
I think I see a dirt bike and maybe one or two regular bikes. I can't make out an atv, but maybe someone else can.

I've isolated the photo @AmandaReckonwith posted in her gallery.
5F9C8C75-6022-4945-84A0-B017190D7B34.jpeg

This is also my fear with the jury. However, one thing in the above experiment is missing and that is a prosecutor with an ace expert witness to explain away the DNA.
I just re-watched the episode

They did say that after the Prelim, Prosecutors Now KNOW who the DNA is matched with but did not give further details.

So, hopefully, if this comes up, and I'm sure it will, Prosecutors will have spoken to the person and he has an alibi and they have verified it, whether in jail or not, and that will be the end of that.
JMO

A Chaotic Chase? PP Floor Plan?
A helpful post showed the (estimated?) zigzag patterns of the chase, w footage and times detailed. Sorry, do not remember who posted, but TYVM.
Was the chase entirely within the house? Or did the chase reach backyard? Front yard? If so, how/where did BM & SM get in and out of house?

Q1. Mudroom = Breezeway? Is the breezeway (i.e. the location from which BM said he sometimes shot/tranquilized game), the same room as the mudroom that PP sales listing* refers to?
Q2. Even if breezeway = mudroom, I'm not seeing either one below.
- Not designated as such on county assessor's sketch (but no room names are shown, just dimensions).
- Not showing in PP listing pix.*

Doors?
Door 1. PP sales listing's Home Details:*
"Mudroom entry from garage..."

Door 2? Seems logical that breezeway/mudroom would have a door opening to patio/backyard/exterior, yes?
If there is such a door, does it open to the small rectangular "open slab" or large semi-circular "open slab" in sketch? Or elsewhere?
In listing pix* I don't see interior or exterior pix of wall w that (my imagined?) door.
Does TV's helicopter footage (from way back when, maybe May 2020? I can't find link ATM) show that ext wall & door? Link w time mark, pls, anyone?

Door 3? Seems logical that breezeway/mudroom would have a door opening to kitchen or hallway, yes?
Again I don't see it in assessor's sketch or listing pix.

If they went in & out of (3?) doors in breezeway/mudroom and possibly front door and Clear-View type twin doors in living room, it would have been an extremely chaotic sequence.

Image source, Chaffee Co. Assessor website at
qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097
my2ct

Far as I can tell, the breezeway, mudroom must link to the side of the built-in kitchen desk.

I'd like to see these those timestamps again, too. I was thinking Barry was darting (ugh) around the house, patio to patio, in search of Suzanne, but now I'm thinking that Barry was racing around the house, trying to gain entry.

If Suzanne saw him with his .22 or a later-discarded tranq gun, she may have locked the door and then tore around the house, locking doors while he tore around the outside of the house until he found an open door. By then, she could've barricaded herself in the bedroom.

I'm curious to know whether the breezeway had an access point besides the door linking the garage and house. Did it exit to the backyard? Or would one have to pass through the mudroom and into the garage, to find a suitable egress to the yard?

Imagine if Suzanne was standing at the washer and somehow spied Barry. Lock the garage entrydoor. Lock the front or sliding door. Run to the other, dodge right, scramble to the bedroom. Picture chipmunk ninja. Tearing the yard apart, trying to get into the house to stop Suzanne before she can call for help.

Oh, Suzanne.

JMO

That's just the problem, it's really not clear at all.

From the PH:

Q Eytan: Sure. At 3:51 Suzanne received another message from Mr. Morphew, “I promise you were wrong about all the crazy thoughts about me. I have always been faithful. Always. why would I ever want another when I’m married to the most beautiful, sweet, kind, loving, woman as you? Only a fool would stray from an angel like you,” correct?

A Harris: Correct.

Q Eytan: Same day. 7:15 pm when Mr. Morphew went to get pizza from Moonlight Pizza Ms. Morphew let Jeff Libler know that she was free to talk. She said at 7:18, “He’s gone for a bit.” That correct?

A Harris: Can I look on the messages?

Q Eytan: Yes.

A Harris: I’m having a hard time finding it. Can you remind me of the content again?

THE COURT: “He’s gone for a bit.” “Can you talk?”

A Harris: I don’t see that on the night of 5/6 in LinkedIn.

MR. LINDSEY: Look at 5/8.

I made my own transcript of the PH from the Plunder vids. It's missing 121 pages at the front, and a gap in the middle of day two. But otherwise, I have it. I can't share it, but I have it as a reference. I like print. I want to be able to refer to the words.
BBM
I am the same way !!
Bring on the transcripts. LOL

I always look for transcripts.

Far as I can tell, the breezeway, mudroom must link to the side of the built-in kitchen desk.

I'd like to see these those timestamps again, too. I was thinking Barry was darting (ugh) around the house, patio to patio, in search of Suzanne, but now I'm thinking that Barry was racing around the house, trying to gain entry.

If Suzanne saw him with his .22 or a later-discarded tranq gun, she may have locked the door and then tore around the house, locking doors while he tore around the outside of the house until he found an open door. By then, she could've barricaded herself in the bedroom.

I'm curious to know whether the breezeway had an access point besides the door linking the garage and house. Did it exit to the backyard? Or would one have to pass through the mudroom and into the garage, to find a suitable egress to the yard?

Imagine if Suzanne was standing at the washer and somehow spied Barry. Lock the garage entrydoor. Lock the front or sliding door. Run to the other, dodge right, scramble to the bedroom. Picture chipmunk ninja. Tearing the yard apart, trying to get into the house to stop Suzanne before she can call for help.

Oh, Suzanne.

JMO
upload_2022-1-23_21-19-51.jpeg
Not sure if this will post, but it’s a still from the helicopter footage. It shows the door near the garage, to that back patio.

The newspaper article and letter of intent read as though yes, they know who the dna belongs to.

MOO if police know who the dash DNA belongs to, then they must have investigated that person and they have been excluded from being a suspect.

In addition the CODIS search of the dash contributors DNA came back with a "partial match," meaning a relative.
A relative who was an assailant whose DNA was present at 3 sex assaults, but whose identity is not known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState