Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far as I can tell, the breezeway, mudroom must link to the side of the built-in kitchen desk.....
@Megnut bbm Thx for response. You mean the built-in desk in 1st pic?
Per sales listing: "Office area off of the kitchen with built in desk and custom cabinetry."*
Yes, that makes sense, but not sure ----
(Click to enlarge images.)

b53d5f2279739cc3ffa531d415f00aaa-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

pic 28/45**

a96a42a94c7e3310e0e1b969063a188d-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

pic 23/45**

--- cause if breezeway/mudroom door opens to office area off kitchen, I don't see the door itself. Could just be camera angle hiding it.
Maybe door is to the right of fridge (kinda 'behind' or 'around the corner' from fridge) and to the left of the pronghorn head hung on wall???

Regardless, there's a doorway somewhere between breezeway/mudroom and some interior room. And dart-carrying BM could have chased SM thru it and other breezeway/mudroom doors and other interior and exterior doors. my2ct.

Last edited:
1/23/2022

SUZANNE Morphew's sister has claimed the missing mom's husband, Barry, was abusive to his wife and would "overpower and intimidate people."

In an interview with CBS's
48 Hours, which aired Saturday, Melinda Moorman detailed texts that Suzanne sent to her just days before her disappearance on Mother's Day 2020.
Melinda Moorman told 48 Hours that her sister told her in text messages that she was being abused by her husband and wanted to leave him, just days before she vanished.
"It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing," she said.

"Barry was very dominant in the relationship, and my sister was a very passive, gentle soul … he had … a great tendency to overpower, intimidate people to get what he wanted."

The text from Suzanne reads in part: "He's also been abusive emotionally and physically… I feel more angry now. Anger at what I've allowed."

Melinda said that says she often thinks about Barry, and urged him to share what he knows about her sister's disappearance.
"Please do the right thing, Barry," she pleaded in the 48 Hours episode.

“Please do the right thing."

More at link including heartfelt message from Melinda to her beloved nieces, Mallory and Macy.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Missing Suzanne Morphew's texts alleging abuse by her husband are revealed

Last edited:
Unless I’m really missing something here, BM is/was about as successful and talented as a professional custom landscape business owner as Fotis Dulos was a custom luxury home design professional/builder.

Those two seem cut from the same cloth: obsessive, controlling, cruel, hypocritical, arrogant, parasitic, abusive, overconfident, superficial, cowardly, dull, bullying, plastic, unfaithful, loudmouth, dishonest, fake, boring, narcissistic, sociopath.

JMO

Last edited:
Unless I’m really missing something here, Barry Morphew was about as successful and talented as a professional custom landscape business owner as Fotis Dulos was a custom luxury home design professional.

Those two seem cut from the same cloth: obsessive, controlling, cruel, hypocritical, parasitic, abusive, superficial, cowardly, plastic, sociopathic.

JMO
Although he was clearly a bit of a conman (he overvalued his Indiana business when he sold it), and despite struggling to build a non-crooked wall, that money came from somewhere.

All indications seem to be that he did in fact run a profitable business, unlike Fotis Dulos who was clearly in over his head (incredible amounts of debt).

They certainly have similar personality traits though.

A Chaotic Chase? PP Floor Plan?
A helpful post showed the (estimated?) zigzag patterns of the chase, w footage and times detailed. Sorry, do not remember who posted, but TYVM.
Was the chase entirely within the house? Or did the chase reach backyard? Front yard? If so, how/where did BM & SM get in and out of house?

Q1. Mudroom = Breezeway? Is the breezeway (i.e. the location from which BM said he sometimes shot/tranquilized game), the same room as the mudroom that PP sales listing* refers to?
Q2. Even if breezeway = mudroom, I'm not seeing either one below.
- Not designated as such on county assessor's sketch (but no room names are shown, just dimensions).
- Not showing in PP listing pix.*

Doors?
Door 1. PP sales listing's Home Details:*
"Mudroom entry from garage..."

Door 2? Seems logical that breezeway/mudroom would have a door opening to patio/backyard/exterior, yes?
If there is such a door, does it open to the small rectangular "open slab" or large semi-circular "open slab" in sketch? Or elsewhere?
In listing pix* I don't see interior or exterior pix of wall w that (my imagined?) door.
Does TV's helicopter footage (from way back when, maybe May 2020? I can't find link ATM) show that ext wall & door? Link w time mark, pls, anyone?

Door 3? Seems logical that breezeway/mudroom would have a door opening to kitchen or hallway, yes?
Again I don't see it in assessor's sketch or listing pix.

If they went in & out of (3?) doors in breezeway/mudroom and possibly front door and Clear-View type twin doors in living room, it would have been an extremely chaotic sequence.
Click to enlarge image.

Image source, Chaffee Co. Assessor website at
qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097
my2ct

May 09, 14:44 – Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world. – Find Suzanne Morphew
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2020/05/BarrysChipmunkChasept3.jpg
Imagine his truck hooked up to the trailer in that spot with the door hanging open.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2020/05/PumaPath3.png

Haven't updated with the new color images.

14:44:02 – 14:44:05 Barry’s phone pings by the first back patio.
14:44:06 – 14:44:09 Barry’s phone pings by the sunning porch where Suzanne took the selfie at 2:03.
14:44:10 – 14:44:11 Barry’s phone is in front of the house
14:44:12 – 14:44:23 Barry’s phone pings inside the garage
14:45:43 – 14:47:43 Barry’s phone pings at the master bed room.

He ran around the back of the house from one back porch to the one where Suzanne had been. Not finding her he cuts through the breezeway and out the front door. He darts (totally intended) into the garage (his workbench) then breaks in the master bedroom door.

Info: New to Me or Forgotten?
1/23/2022 SUZANNE Morphew's sister...
Melinda Moorman detailed texts that Suzanne sent to her just days before her disappearance on Mother's Day 2020...."It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing," she said.
The text from Suzanne reads in part: "He's also been abusive emotionally and physically…."

Missing Suzanne Morphew's texts alleging abuse by her husband are revealed
@fcavanaugh sbm
Thanks for your post w link & quote. I remember SM's sister's "lengthy, powerful, revealing" comments, that being her sister's phrasing. Also recall SM told someone/sister BM had done emotionally abusive things to her.

I do not recall sister or anyone else stating that SM literally said BM was "abusive... physically" but maybe I've just forgotten reading that.
Anyone recall that SM told friends or fam BM's physical abuse? Just that generality, or any specific examples of his physical actions?

BTW I'm not trying to dismiss/downplay non-physical abuse.

@fcavanaugh sbm
Thanks for your post w link & quote. I remember SM's sister's "lengthy, powerful, revealing" comments, that being her sister's phrasing. Also recall SM told someone/sister BM had done emotionally abusive things to her.

I do not recall sister or anyone else stating that SM literally said BM was "abusive... physically" but maybe I've just forgotten reading that.
Anyone recall that SM told friends or fam BM's physical abuse? Just that generality, or any specific examples of his physical actions?

On November 20, 2020, SA Grusing spoke with Baumunk about the message Suzanne sent to her on Friday, May 8, 2020, at 9:28AM:

Page 11 of 129

“It’s hard dealing with the harsh abrasiveness and having to show respect. He’s also been abusive, emotionally and physically. There’s so much … I went thru a period of acceptance and I feel more angry now. Anger at what I’ve allowed.”

SM Texted, BM was "Abusive... Physically"
On November 20, 2020, SA Grusing spoke with Baumunk about the message Suzanne sent to her on Friday, May 8, 2020, at 9:28AM:

Page 11 of 129

“It’s hard dealing with the harsh abrasiveness and having to show respect. He’s also been abusive, emotionally and physically. There’s so much … I went thru a period of acceptance and I feel more angry now. Anger at what I’ve allowed.”
@sk716 As always, once again, instantly, :)you:) have the detailed nitty gritty I've (and sometimes others) overlooked.
I think you have the entire 129(?) page AA memorized. :D
Thank you very much.

But that would suck your clothes out! LOL

I own a Maytag clothes dryer. This image is from inside the dryer drum showing a panel with holes that leads to the lint screen. The dart cap could definitely flow through the holes of this panel and be found in the screen with one caveat. There isn't much space between the plate with the holes and the lint screen. Maybe an inch at most. The cap, due to its length, would have to fall through a hole at a slight angle in order to be caught in the lint trap.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 12.19.59 AM.png

@fcavanaugh sbm

Thought Barry said "he may have clipped her nose" on one occasion.

Don't recall where I read that; I'll try and find it.

ETA:
Barry said, "Yeah - I remember that, but I wasn't, I wasn't, I didn't mean it. I was just saying it to get to her, to try to get to her." Barry talked about striking Suzanne once, when he clipped her nose, but that was the only time he was physically abusive.

Page 64 of AA.

JMVHO.

May 09, 14:44 – Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world. – Find Suzanne Morphew
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2020/05/BarrysChipmunkChasept3.jpg
Imagine his truck hooked up to the trailer in that spot with the door hanging open.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2020/05/PumaPath3.png

Haven't updated with the new color images.

14:44:02 – 14:44:05 Barry’s phone pings by the first back patio.
14:44:06 – 14:44:09 Barry’s phone pings by the sunning porch where Suzanne took the selfie at 2:03.
14:44:10 – 14:44:11 Barry’s phone is in front of the house
14:44:12 – 14:44:23 Barry’s phone pings inside the garage
14:45:43 – 14:47:43 Barry’s phone pings at the master bed room.

He ran around the back of the house from one back porch to the one where Suzanne had been. Not finding her he cuts through the breezeway and out the front door. He darts (totally intended) into the garage (his workbench) then breaks in the master bedroom door.
Whoa! Now I have goosebumps!!
You have cut to the chase and put it in words for me a laymen. Bam!

Now lets add--according to the warrant for his arrest, Suzanne Morphew sent a text stating, “done, let’s handle this civilly”...she was done with him. Yet...he told investigators the marriage was perfect and that the night before she disappeared they ate a steak dinner.

Regardless investigators only found one set of dirty dishes...

Morphew claimed to have awakened to his alarm at 4:30 a.m. on the day she disappeared, but no alarm had been set.

He also initially denied turning onto a Colorado highway in close proximity to where Suzanne’s bicycle helmet was found.

Morphew said he turned on the road to observe a bull elk, yet investigators determined it was before sunrise...

Etc...etc...

@fcavanaugh sbm

From memory -- I recall BM confirming to Agent Grusing that he "clipped SM in the nose." I believe that's physical abuse. SM also recounted to SO that BM pinned her on the bed and would not let her up. I believe SM eluded to BM's physical abuse when she told JL that "BM knows better" (as told by JL to authorities when asked about the Morphew's relationship). I trust these incidents will refresh OP's memory. MOO

ETA: add link

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member