Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone on the defense team is reading Websleuths, they must be quite giddy with how much controversy this DNA on the glove box is creating and banking on it creating a lot more confusion for jurors who probably don't follow true crime.

Hopefully they are also aware of how quickly an expert could explain very clearly and simply why the DNA on the glove box is totally irrelevant.
If that is their strongest piece of defence evidence then they are in trouble keeping BM a free man.

As far as continuing to discuss the DNA. My opinion is that we are spitting distance from the trial. And my opinion is all a jury is going to care about is if LE investigated and eliminated any other suspects. So the key here is information we do not know and what defense is digging for: What did they actually know about the DNA, how much investigation did they do for these partial matches and what caused them to eliminate the possibility that anyone but Barry committed the actual murder or did investigators never follow through. If "we" believe that it is no biggie as some have claimed over and over then that should be covered either in these motion hearings or at trial and the jury will understand. If they dropped the ball in anyway we'll find that out also as will the jury.

FWIW, I think the neighbors can be afraid of Barry (I'd be afraid of a neighbor charged with murdering his wife next to my house no less), while representing to LE that they're afraid and to Barry (and anyone in his camp) that they're not.

That's a question IMO best answered based on who's asking it.

Me, I'm afraid of murderers. But I'm not about to tell them that. Not to their faces!

JMO

@LaurenScharfTV

#BarryMorphew is in court again today for the second day of a motions hearing. I'll have a live update tonight @FOX21News at 5pm since we are no longer allowed to tweet in court.

With tweet is video of BM, daughters and defense team walking into court (no masks for those interested )

I don't think this was a phone issue -- this was an intentional recording of the WebEx hearing and rebroadcast on a blogger's YT channel. @Ashley Franco makes it clear all after phones, computers, electronics were banned from the courtroom after lunch due to the breach by the unnamed.

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

Quick update— we’re on a 5 minute break but we are not allowed to have phones or computers in court now due to an issue. More to come after the day is wrapped.

2:42 PM · Jan 24, 2022
You're probably right, but if this was not a hack but an unauthorized recording and streaming, please explain the reasoning behind the court's ban on the use of phones, etc. for tweeting. I don't see the connection.

As far as continuing to discuss the DNA. My opinion is that we are spitting distance from the trial. And my opinion is all a jury is going to care about is if LE investigated and eliminated any other suspects. So the key here is information we do not know and what defense is digging for: What did they actually know about the DNA, how much investigation did they do for these partial matches and what caused them to eliminate the possibility that anyone but Barry committed the actual murder or did investigators never follow through. If "we" believe that it is no biggie as some have claimed over and over then that should be covered either in these motion hearings or at trial and the jury will understand. If they dropped the ball in anyway we'll find that out also as will the jury.
I respectfully disagree. The prosecution does not have to prove they eliminated all other possible perps, when the evidence clearly proves BM killed SM, after deliberation. We have yet to see the forensic experts' reports on the DNA in SM's RR. Let's not jump the gun with speculation. We'll see it soon enough, as you say.

@LaurenScharfTV

We are on a brief break right now. The judge stopped the #BarryMorphew motion hearing proceeding to address what happened yesterday with someone hacking into WebEx. The public/media was kicked out of the courtroom.

Masks.
Covid.
I wonder whether Suzanne considered herself at especial risk. Can you imagine, based on just what we've seen of his behavior, Suzanne's possible battle to get Barry to be mindful of transmission? Was he at all careful, sensitive?

Some people just really, really don't like being told what to do. Especially if they're accustomed to doing the telling.

I think the trouble with Barry and Suzanne's marriage is that, for too long, they both put Barry first.

And when she finally gained courage, wanting at long last to put herself first, he took matters into his own hands.

Bleach much?

JMO

There is one essential witness IMO, and that is agent Grusing. I truly believe he will be the difference in all of this.

I skimmed the AA, and Cahil's (lack of) credibility shouldn't be an issue. Those interviews were recorded, and it's the recordings themselves that will play a large role here.

Cahil also seems to have had company during these interviews, so it's not like it's going to be Cahil's word against Barry's.

It's a bad look of course, but I'd rather it be Cahil than someone else I think.
Speaking of Agent Grushing
Not sure if you responded to the wrong post, but if not, either the defense or prosecution can request witnesses be sequestered. My guess would be the defense requested it here, and the prosecution took no issue (we'll see though).

If you did respond to the wrong post, I think Grusing is way more important than Cahill to the prosecution, and it's not remotely close.
Agree about Grusing. FBI agent Jonathan Grusing will be a major witness for the Prosecution. He is well-respected in the WS trial-watching community. I'm surprised he doesn't have a fan club. :D moo

@LaurenScharfTV

#BarryMorphew is in court again today for the second day of a motions hearing. I'll have a live update tonight @FOX21News at 5pm since we are no longer allowed to tweet in court.

With tweet is video of BM, daughters and defense team walking into court (no masks for those interested )

Mr Morphew is so vain. Barry has been visiting the tanning bed. How do I know? It's been far too cold in Salida to sun bathe.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

#BarryMorphew is in court again today for the second day of a motions hearing. I’ll have a live update tonight at @FOX21News
at 5 pm since we are no longer allowed to tweet in court.
7:58 AM · Jan 25, 2022

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

We are on a brief break right now. The judge stopped the #BarryMorphew motion hearing proceeding to address what happened yesterday with someone hacking into WebEx. The public/media was kicked out of the courtroom.

8:04 AM · Jan 25, 2022

ETA: 20- second video embedded with LS tweet showing BM, daughters, and his entire defense team congregating in the car park, coffees in hand, waltzing up the sidewalk, and entering the court building -- all sans face masks.

@LaurenScharfTV

UPDATE#BarryMorphew has been granted bond modification to visit his daughters in Gunnison. "We are a family and we need each other. It would be a blessing for us to be a family and be together in the town over". Mallory Morphew cried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot