Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The appearances they put forth seem contrived. There is a studied flamboyance about the arrivals and departures for the media. I wonder if there is a pre-game huddle? Forgive me, but I can't help but view the special coffees/beverages that are always in hand are an attempt at nonchalant accessorizing. As in,
this is no big deal. I cannot fathom going blythly through a Starbuck's drive through for a fancy coffee on the way to a personal life or death bull fight. One has to give credit for the bravado! IMO.
Barry shouldn’t be blowing money on those pricey drinks. He has a defense to pay for.

Hopefully there's a break soon so we can get an update. Fortunately we also have @NoSI there today. Thus far her only contribution has been to message me to sarcastically offer her condolences on Brady's retirement though.
Sad to hear that news.
We here in Michigan are hoping he comes back here to coach..
Even though I am a Sparty fan, all of my UofM friends and family are hoping so LOL.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1488700825467691015?s=21
Wow… Chaffee County Court finally dismissed at 6:30 pm. The judge heard arguments/rebuttal from both sides about #BarryMorphew defense claim of the prosecution’s discovery violations. Judge will make a written ruling. Next court appearance will be Feb. 10th.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1488702094441795585?s=21
BarryMorphew has received a new case #2022CR47 in Fremont County and filings in his case will now be filed in Fremont County.

(Attn: @Niner )

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1488706738090033157?s=21
BarryMorphew defense claims the prosecution is watering down the evidence about the CODIS DNA match. "We have been open, honest, complying with Rule 16 as best we can & we will continue to do so," Prosecutor Mark Hulbert said. I'll have a recap tonight at 9 p.m. on @FOX21News

2/1/22-- PROFILING EVIL (PE) ASK MIKE ANYTHING (AMA)

Mike is asked about Judge Lama's comments about his show title and the court's ruling on DA Stanley violating the pre-trial publicity order.

IMO, Mike makes some good points here including that he'd like to see the actual order but it's not on the public court site. We sure haven't seen the defense complain that Chaffee County hasn't uploaded what Judge Murphy long ago agreed should not have been filed suppressed and requested the same should be public.

I also agree that BM's defense is picking up steam (i.e., NOISE) as predicted the closer this gets to trial which is 90 days in view.

In Colorado, I think there have been two fatal mountain lion attacks, an 18 year old in 1991 (Colorado’s first recorded fatal attack on a human) and a 10 year old in 1997. With how rare fatal mountain lion attacks are, why on earth did Barry hang his hat on the mountain lion scenario? It completely defies reason.

2/1/22-- PROFILING EVIL (PE) ASK MIKE ANYTHING (AMA)

Mike is asked about Judge Lama's comments about his show title and the court's ruling on DA Stanley violating the pre-trial publicity order.

IMO, Mike makes some good points here including that he'd like to see the actual order but it's not on the public court site. We sure haven't seen the defense complain that Chaffee County hasn't uploaded what Judge Murphy long ago agreed should not have been filed suppressed and requested the same should be public.

I also agree that BM's defense is picking up steam (i.e., NOISE) as predicted the closer this gets to trial which is 90 days in view.
Not sure when MK looked at the Court site, but I saw it on there this morning before Noon Mountain time.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user... PRIOR TO VOIR DIRE EXAMINATION BECAUSEMR.pdf

However, there are no Motions showing per usual.

I notice that there's a lot caught on camera of what Barry didn't do.

He didn't ask if they've got her purse, her keys.

He didn't look to see if she left a note!

He also didn't ask the officer to look here or there or here-and-there again for her phone.

He also didn't look for her.

What if she'd crawled back home and called for an ambulance? What if she'd been attacked and managed to get back home? What if she was hiding in a closet, fearful of her attacker?

Everybody else was rolling through scenarios.

Nope. He wasn't even pretending all the possibilities were still possible!

Laser focus.

With that laser focus, I wonder how glaring that door jamb crack looked to him, as he passed through.

I'm curious, where was the small-c cat in all this? MM1's cat.

Jmo

Last edited:
In Colorado, I think there have been two fatal mountain lion attacks, an 18 year old in 1991 (Colorado’s first recorded fatal attack on a human) and a 10 year old in 1997. With how rare fatal mountain lion attacks are, why on earth did Barry hang his hat on the mountain lion scenario? It completely defies reason.
Same reason he said he saw a Bull elk and herd that morning.
Didn’t think anyone would question it ?

I forgot they didn’t have the phone. I would guess that apple logs everything that passes through iCloud.

We logged everything that touched our web/cloud services. We get IP addresses at the outgoing internet router and the Mac address of the individual devices.
Can anyone of us dismiss or confirm that LE have both SM’s cloud and that of the secondary device we suspect that BM of having? Please and thanks in advance. This is necessary knowledge and I would encourage all of us to inquire with friends and acquaintances to look into this. Please again. The technology exists undoubtedly and we just need someone with knowledge to weigh in. TIA!

I just had a rather sick feeling hit. Might just be my crazy brain, but figured I would throw it out there.
What if he planted a camera of some sort at the site he put her? What if he can access it from his phone? He put it there the 5th and was checking to see if he could access it when he placed it. Then when he arrived in Broomfield he checked to see if it was there.. then again and then the next day and the next. Is there something like that which wouldn't be able to be detected? It doesn't sound like they know what this device even is?
I have a love/ hate relationship with your idea. It’s more than possible he did indeed do this. Can we ever account for all his cams? Who knows what he is capable of but IMO this is spot on. Thanks for the suggestion!

WHY must we get Biblical? JMO

Barry Morphew change of venue: Murder trial moved to Cañon City
After a motions hearing in Chaffee County District Court in Salida on Tuesday, future court proceedings will be held at the Fremont County courthouse in Cañon City, about 60 miles away.

That’s a relatively nearby pick for a change of venue, former Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said Tuesday.

“There is certainly an argument that moving it to another county within the same judicial district doesn’t really remove it far enough from the media cycle,” he said. “On the other hand, this is a case that has a pretty high profile. I’ve been reading about it in the Denver papers a couple times a week. It may be simply they felt they had to get it out of its own town to a different community that has some distance, and apparently the court felt Fremont County was sufficient.”

Changes of venue are generally discouraged in Colorado’s courts and are uncommon, said Sam Kamin, the Chauncey G. Wilson Memorial Research Chair at the University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law. He added that the judge’s decision offers pros and cons.

“Solomon didn’t actually split the baby in half, but it does kind of give something to both sides here,” he said. “We’ll move it out of what the court thinks is the hotbed of all this pretrial publicity, but still make it close enough people will be able to attend, defendant can be transported, all those logistical things can be taken care of.”

Take note of the lighting in the home.

Does it look like Suzanne awoke, started her day?

Or does it look just like it would if the last person to leave the house left while it was still dark outside?

JMO

I'm sure he would argue that the place gets great sunlight and he's too cheap to pay a high electric bill so they use the sun!

They're still in session. I just spoke to @NoSI and she said Iris was still doing that thing where she talks in circles (my characterization). She's going on about emails and discovery.

I think she went back inside to catch the end, which should be in about 15 minutes.

This is why I think her colleagues call her Hurricane Iris, around and around and around she goes!

I believe MK is referring to the (gag?) order by Judge Murphy relative to pre-trial publicity dated sometime around June 2021 -- I think. Is this attached in the link or one of the exhibits released? TIA

I believe MK is referring to the (gag?) order by Judge Murphy relative to pre-trial publicity dated sometime around June 2021 -- I think. Is this attached in the link or one of the exhibits released? TIA
Ah! Now I see that he is not speaking about today’s Order that mentions DA Stanley, but the original Order about pre-trial publicity. And no, I don’t see it on the Court site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper