Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall when SM’s sister said she received that lengthy and revealing text from SM? I thought it was Friday morning (5/8). I think it might be around the time the friend requests started to go out. I believe it was SM sending them. IMO

Something I found interesting in the AA is LE thought BM was making “end of life” decisions when he went through court proceedings to sell the properties and house after SM went missing. They thought he was preparing to end his own. IMO

May 08, 09:28 – Suzanne texts sister about Barry’s abuse.
“It’s hard dealing with the harsh abrasiveness and having to show respect. He’s also been abusive, emotionally and physically. There’s so much … I went thru a period of acceptance and I feel more angry now. Anger at what I’ve allowed.”

Pg 37 AA

Barry Messages Suzanne 8.41am

12.06pm outgoing call to redacted ( have you spoken to mum call moo)

Messages Suzanne at 3.30pm - Call me

Speaks to Mr and Mrs Ritter 5.15pm and 5.45pm - Suzanne missing but car here, look for bike convo's

7.21pm - Barry made an outgoing call to Suzanne

Don't know about the rest of you, but if I had a call telling me partner was missing, I really wouldn't wait over 2 hours before ringing - I'd be blowing up that phone like there was no tomorrow

Suzanne was so petite could she be on the Puma Path property?
We have buried 2 large breed dogs that weighed more than she did.
I wonder at what depth a body cannot be detected by search dogs?
There is so much gravel and mulched landscaped areas on the property. Is it possible a grave could be convincingly concealed to look like the surrounding preexisting soil or groundcover?
If guilty, would BM have been desperate as well as confident enough to take such a gamble?
He is very secretive and physically able to dispose of and conceal a body. To involve a second person would be a huge risk!
Would his pride even allow the involvement of another person thereby exposing who he really is?

Edited to add:

It seems the location of the bike disposal may indicate a sense of desperation/ urgency and
BM's 23 or so interviews to LE without legal representation defies logic.
So would he be likely to do what most would say is too risky...
Keep her at Puma Path.

Last edited:
Y'all are killing me. There isn't a bunch of dirt or rock on the trailer. I don't know who started it, but it's not a thing. You can see the Bobcat and trailer exactly as Barry left them on the 9th right here:

https://denver.cbslocal.com/wp-cont...2021/09/21cr78-Morphew-Redacted-Affidavit.pdf

It is in the AA so unless the LE officers are lying here?

Page 10 "The trailer bed has some loose dirt and gravel on it"
Page 43 "It should be noted on the bed of the trailer there is gravel and dirt"

Also, on page 43 before the note about the gravel and dirt, it was stated that 3 dogs were ran blindly at the property and all three alerted at the top of the trailer.

Barry stalking Suzanne hours before her murder:

Barry claims he and Suzanne had lunch between 11:30 1:30 or so, but there are massive issues.

Suzanne texts JL at 11:42, saying she's all alone. Barry's vehicle and phone put him home more than 10 minutes before that, so he couldn't have entered.

More proof of this comes from Barry's truck data not putting that truck in the driveway, and his phone showing him traveling behind the house. Barry uses the "Turkey excuse here."

More evidence of this lie comes from Barry calling Suzanne minutes after leaving the house, which is odd considering they just spent a couple house together.

Also, they had veggie soup for dinner on the 7th (a little bit of truth in every lie).
View attachment 332374 View attachment 332375 View attachment 332376 View attachment 332377

That's interesting MassGuy. I'd never noticed that map before or connected the 'turkey searching' to that time. Now my mind is swirling.

What was he doing walking east from his property at 12:22? Why walk so far from his house if he was stalking Suzanne? He couldn't see her from there. Could he have been checking his (predug?) burial site for later? Interesting too that where he was pinged is off of the building envelope for Lot 2 of Monarch River Estates so not likely to be disturbed in later years.

Just throwing out a random thought here.

Attachments

• 0C16FE0F-F36C-4D0A-AE61-AE3D52C4D796.jpeg
    0C16FE0F-F36C-4D0A-AE61-AE3D52C4D796.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Monarch River Estates Lot Sales Map.pdf
    781.6 KB · Views: 30
Someone mentioned in the last thread that MH2 is MM2's "former boyfriend." Do we know this for sure? I was wondering and hoping that he and MM2 are still together as a couple. That young man was not only brave and caring, but also full of useful information about Suzanne. I was so impressed by him. You could see how much he cared about Suzanne missing which translates to his devotion to MM2. I was praying that they were still together as MM2 will need a strong/committed boyfriend when the inevitable day of reckoning comes for BM. What a travesty if they broke up because MH2 did the right thing by speaking up and is having a difficult time seeing MM2 stand by her father when he strongly suspects BM is responsible. That family appeared to be a great source of support and strength for MM2. Salt of the earth people... even the younger daughter was so helpful and concerned. The sheer difference in their behavior/concern for Suzanne vs. Barry is very telling....

Barry's lame attempt @ acting with his pathetic voice pitch and crocodile tears were so transparent. BM's hand in her disappearance is so obvious .... JMO as always!

Someone mentioned in the last thread that MH2 is MM2's "former boyfriend." Do we know this for sure? I was wondering and hoping that he and MM2 are still together as a couple. That young man was not only brave and caring, but also full of useful information about Suzanne. I was so impressed by him. You could see how much he cared about Suzanne missing which translates to his devotion to MM2. I was praying that they were still together as MM2 will need a strong/committed boyfriend when the inevitable day of reckoning comes for BM. What a travesty if they broke up because MH2 did the right thing by speaking up and is having a difficult time seeing MM2 stand by her father when he strongly suspects BM is responsible. That family appeared to be a great source of support and strength for MM2. Salt of the earth people... even the younger daughter was so helpful and concerned. The sheer difference in their behavior/concern for Suzanne vs. Barry is very telling....

Barry's lame attempt @ acting with his pathetic voice pitch and crocodile tears were so transparent. BM's hand in her disappearance is so obvious .... JMO as always!
I can’t imagine Barry encouraging that relationship. Imagine the position they were put in. I’m not surprised.

That's interesting MassGuy. I'd never noticed that map before or connected the 'turkey searching' to that time. Now my mind is swirling.

What was he doing walking east from his property at 12:22? Why walk so far from his house if he was stalking Suzanne? He couldn't see her from there. Could he have been checking his (predug?) burial site for later? Interesting too that where he was pinged is off of the building envelope for Lot 2 of Monarch River Estates so not likely to be disturbed in later years.

This is when he is thought to have been taking down his game cameras.

I just went through everything regarding the Facebook friend requests in the AA, and I am convinced Barry sent those friend requests (a previous post by @sk716 got me thinking about this).

There are two particular points of interest here, that can't be coincidences.

Barry is down by the river when these requests initially go out.

Barry is at a job site then begins heading home about a minute after a Facebook password reset is sent to Suzanne's phone.

Also, we know from the AA that Jeff deleted his Facebook back in 2018, but it's not clear if he reactivated it. Regardless, 3 of those 20 or so friend requests were sent to men named Jeff, but none of them were JL.

Barry had to have known the first name of the man Suzanne was communicating with, and was fishing for the right one.

By friending a bunch of otherwise random people, he would have averted the issue of Suzanne putting the pieces together in regards to what was going on. She would have simply believed she was hacked, as many of the people she friend requested believed.

Also, did we know that this zoo contained bears and coyotes?
View attachment 332369 View attachment 332370
Don't know if JL reactivated his FaceBook account, but his wife had one and then deactivated hers. I think that happened when JL was contacted by LE.

There are bears and coyotes in the zoo already I think, but @Kemug knows for sure. She was keeping a list of all the animals in it, some more fierce than others. She'll be adding the jackass if it's not already there. He's a dumb one of course. :D

https://denver.cbslocal.com/wp-cont...2021/09/21cr78-Morphew-Redacted-Affidavit.pdf

It is in the AA so unless the LE officers are lying here?

Page 10 "The trailer bed has some loose dirt and gravel on it"
Page 43 "It should be noted on the bed of the trailer there is gravel and dirt"

Also, on page 43 before the note about the gravel and dirt, it was stated that 3 dogs were ran blindly at the property and all three alerted at the top of the trailer.

No, I'm saying a lot of people are misrepresenting the amount of residual dirt and gravel on the trailer. It's not that much.

ScreenHunter 1256.png
See it for yourself.

Again:
3:25

I thought when we last discussed this that BM was disabling and/or removing his game cameras during the alleged hunt for the dead turkey. We know that he wasn't having lunch because his phone proved he was not sitting in the kitchen or on the deck with a spoon in his mouth.

I thought when we last discussed this that BM was disabling and/or removing his game cameras during the alleged hunt for the dead turkey. We know that he wasn't having lunch because his phone proved he was not sitting in the kitchen or on the deck with a spoon in his mouth.
That's right, I think that came up during the preliminary.

He may have had them positioned in a way that they captured the house (he admitted to doing this in the past).

I could see him viewing their contents, wiping the memory cards, and ultimately removing them.

That's right, I think that came up during the preliminary.

He may have had them positioned in a way that they captured the house (he admitted to doing this in the past).

I could see him viewing their contents, wiping the memory cards, and ultimately removing them.
I want to say that LE found the game cameras piled inside his safe, workbench, or someplace in the garage. o_O

Do you think it's because something is off and they can't figure out what? I find it odd that there is dirt on the trailer, but it couldn't have been on there when he had the trailer and bobcat at the place getting the blade replaced. How did he get it off the trailer? What did the dogs hit on the corner of the trailer where the dirt was? Where did the dirt come from?
This question may seem stupid but really the only stupid ones are those not asked. Did Barry have a regular trailer that he hauled whatever on or was it a trailer devoted to only his precious bobcat? He had a lot of things so I’m confused as to whether this trailer was loaded with different things or separately? Did the Bobcat have its own trailer or was it loaded on a separate one and if so has it been accounted for?
We know the trailer had gravel and dirt in/on it so is this what led LE to pursue the dig at the beach site?
Since the dogs hit on the bobcat irrefutably is this why Agent Grusing shut down the conversation because although they didn’t have concrete proof that the Bobcat was involved in some way they were awaiting results? He knew in his heart and mind but wasn’t required to disclose while awaiting forensics?
MH1 and MH2 are heroes. IMO also if MH2 and MM2 are no longer a couple, will be interesting to see what both MHs bring to the conversation. Kudos to any parent who encourages their kids to tell the whole truth. Teenage life and parenting them is hard enough but throw this into the mix and a total nightmare. Wondering if either or both are on the witness list if anyone knows. Seems Barry may have killed two chipmunks with one shot. He kills his wife and his daughter’s boyfriend is eliminated from the scenario. Not much need to question her virginity when you eliminate the boyfriend. I hope the MH family are strong and well. They certainly cared more about Suzanne’s missing status and safety than Barry. They likely worry about the girls more than we do.

Rbbm

Can't help but notice that on Evening #1, those very hands stay pretty hidden in his pockets.

I'm sure there's a reason.

JMO

Barry stalking Suzanne hours before her murder:

Barry claims he and Suzanne had lunch between 11:30 1:30 or so, but there are massive issues.

Suzanne texts JL at 11:42, saying she's all alone. Barry's vehicle and phone put him home more than 10 minutes before that, so he couldn't have entered.

More proof of this comes from Barry's truck data not putting that truck in the driveway, and his phone showing him traveling behind the house. Barry uses the "Turkey excuse here."

More evidence of this lie comes from Barry calling Suzanne minutes after leaving the house, which is odd considering they just spent a couple house together.

Also, they had veggie soup for dinner on the 7th (a little bit of truth in every lie).
View attachment 332374 View attachment 332375 View attachment 332376 View attachment 332377

"Suzanne texts JL at 11:42 saying she's all alone."

Could this have been the 1:40ish text (13:40ish) to JL saying she was all alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB