Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When a woman says, she is not "the other woman" (in BM's life), it could be, she indeed was one time, but BM cheated on her and had the next other woman. If the woman wasn't "the other woman" any more, when SM disappeared, she certainly was very happy to have been swapped out in time!
I would like to know, whether BM has a little boy somewhere, which state ever, who looks like a sweet little copy of himself. Could he keep that a secret? Idk.

Wasn't that a line item in Suzanne's 50 Reasons? -- not careful about pregnancy or something like that?

As for MG, I believe her. She was consistent, forthright -- and has largely been corroborated. I think her "I'm not the other woman" may have been a hint. "I'm not it, but there is one."

JMO

They know what prosecution has as long as prosecution didn’t hide it from defense which is highly irregular and would cause an appeal or outright dismissal. I am not anticipating any aha moments from prosecution.
I expect there may be some “aha” moments for us!! The defence knows what’s coming :).

If Barry borrowed the SIM card from another CAT, his data is lodged in another CAT owner's activity log. And why would they ever think to look for activity on their equipment on MDW if they knew their equipment hadn't moved an inch?

Barry could've used his Bobcat all night, below the radar.

Is this how it works?

Calling all CAT owners in Salida to do whatever it takes to see if your equipment shows activity on MDW.

Is the a develop-able theory?

JMO

Adding to this - do any posters on this thread know someone working with Bobcat Skid Steers, or similar equipment, and possibly swapping SIM cards?

JMVHO.

That’s not how the story with the guy in Indiana went, but ok. What about SO? She’s saying it. BM admitted to clipping her nose and chasing her around the resort trying to grab her phone. Then there is the time BM spied on SO and SM to the point SM almost called the police. Don’t try to say BM wasn't and isn’t abusive. He is.
I am not trying to keep an argument going about whether BM cheated. But to add to what Starr is saying and to my point, I have a question of any of you who are married. How many of you have confronted your spouse or wanted to have a discussion with them only to have them not look you in the eye, but get angry and defensive and leave for days at a time as BM did, according to Suzanne’s texts? Where did BM go all those times? Why did he turn his phone off? He supposedly is cheap so he isn’t going to spend his money on hotels for a week to avoid Suzanne. And how immature is he that he turns his phone off so his wife cannot find him? What if there was a life threatening emergency? And to Starrs point, the other businessman in Indiana is the one who came forward to LE with what happened between he and Barry and what the court records reflect.

<modsnip -no link>

So no, maybe his cheating and anger and abusiveness and controlling behavior may not come into court but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought of something else- do we know whether MM2's RR had a trailer hitch? You'd think that instead of worrying with pulling wires to avoid GPS he could have just taken her truck instead. Unless he needed the hitch and she didn't have one.
If Barry removed the arm pin and bolts to access and remove/swap the SIM card, why did he leave them loose?

Forgive my ignorance on all parts of my question.

JMO

Maybe he did it at night and couldn't see very well? May have replaced some nuts and bolts but forgot/missed a few. All pure speculation of course but it is just all so very odd. Did BM have an excuse for those being in the driveway?

The defense would have us believe that LE has the name of an actual match to the partial DNA recovered from Suzanne's dashboard. Pretty sure that's not even a thing! They can't develop a full DNA profile from a partial sample, they can only -- as I understand it -- include or exclude people as possible contributors. But anyway, they'd like us to believe that, within that mother dump of 20,000 emails, or lost in deleted ones -- LE has tried to hide exculpatory information -- namely a SODDI that could exonerate Barry.

It's the magic of a skilled defense team. They're already moving on to the next thing -- first the emails were withheld, now they were provided but aren't organized.

As yet there's not an iota of proof that there's anything in that data dump that will absolve Barry of the charges!

But law is theatre and the defense is doing what they're paid (handsomely) to do -- harness reasonable doubt even if they have to craft it.

IMO Barry thought he outfoxed the foxes because a guilty man wouldn't talk freely to LE so talk freely he did -- 3 30 hours -- answered every question. Spell binding really.

That's the bell the defense is going to have a hard time unringing.

When Barry arrives where Suzanne's bike was found, after just coming from a hotel room he had no need for, he tells the officer he's been up in Denver all day, working.

No one asked.

Lion? Mountain lion?

The defense is stuck with that. So you can BET the jury will hear endlessly about the officer who handled the bike without gloves. Why? Relevant? No. Changes nothing. But it's what a good magician does. Look over here, not over there.

IMO it's because essentially that's all they've got.

JMO

Last edited:
The defense would have us believe that LE has the name of an actual match to the partial DNA recovered from Suzanne's dashboard. Pretty sure that's not even a thing! They can't develop a full DNA profile from a partial sample, they can only -- as I understand it -- include or exclude people as possible contributors. But anyway, they'd like us to believe that, within that mother dump of 20,000 emails, or lost in deleted ones -- LE has tried to hide exculpatory information -- namely a SODDI that could exonerate Barry.

IMO Barry thought he outfoxed the foxes because a guilty man wouldn't talk freely to LE so talk freely he did -- 3 30 hours -- answered every question. Spell binding really.

That's the bell the defense is going yo have a hard time unringing.

When Barry arrives where Suzanne's bike was found, after just coming from a hotel room he had no need for, tells the officer he's been up in Denver all day.

No one asked.

Lion? Mountain lion?

The defense is stuck with that. So you can BET the jury will hear endlessly about the officer who handled the bike without gloves. Why? Relevant? No. Changes nothing. But it's what a good magician does. Look over here, not over there.
JMO
RSBM
Always something to be learned from a Megnut post. Iris, Dru or whoever talks about the 20k email dump, we may be missing one that's exculpatory, we think. Sorry ladies, we meant to organize it for you

Oh by season, date, sender, sender's location, or time of day? … and should we make your morning coffee?

If Barry borrowed the SIM card from another CAT, his data is lodged in another CAT owner's activity log. And why would they ever think to look for activity on their equipment on MDW if they knew their equipment hadn't moved an inch?

Barry could've used his Bobcat all night, below the radar.

Is this how it works?

Calling all CAT owners in Salida to do whatever it takes to see if your equipment shows activity on MDW.

Is the a develop-able theory?

JMO

Again, not a Bobcat expert, but I believe so. Pre October of 2020 (when Bobcat released it's IQ platform) it looks like Bobcat Co. kept up with the info and gave you reports if you subscribed to the service but there was no platform at that time where the owner themselves could see the info in real time. That came in October.

Still some remaining questions for sure about this theory, such as the make year and model of BM's Skid-Steer and the same info of the digger or whatever the thing was he wanted to look at. I think that would help us to know whether this would even be possible.

One thing is for sure- BM attempted to disable GPS on his truck and something happened with the Bobcat as well. I think it's worth sleuthing.

Other than threatening suicide when Suzanne brought up divorce, holding a gun to his head, admittedly clipping her nose, phone stalking Suzanne when she was at Sheila's, trying to use his own daughter as a weapon, stalking Suzanne and Sheila in person, and ultimately murdering her, he's probably not abusive.

Everyone has a bad...year or two.

Or something.
:D

Reporter’s notes from the February 1st Motions Hearing ( when live-tweeting was not allowed).

Listen at 2:01:06

Defense IE brings up a meeting with Prosecutors to discuss a woman ( did she say garbage woman? ) who knew BM 20 years ago.

Then keep listening for what IE is suggesting as a remedy for Discovery violations.

Drop charges to Murder Second Degree
Disallow all of BM’s statements at trial
Drop his Bond to $55K ( “so he can continue to fight”)
Return Attorney fees

Yes@cindizzi !! Garbage woman !! From Lauren’s notes - evidently while Iris is Blahblahalahing thru her closing statement - Iris drags herself away from her incessant “but codis” yada yada and interjects a comment about a meeting early on one day/the same day as the prelim hearing
Where the DA pulls the defense into a conference room. The DA then starts talking about a garbage woman who had come forward who knows BM from twenty years ago. There was no further detail. DA said IE would get the woman’s name is discovery.
Kind of a bizarre segue.
Hurlbert IMO did a great job of identifying the
Side show being orchestrated by the defense. Iris was certain that if they knew more about codis things would have been handled differently at the prelim. As far as I can tell the only reason Barry got bond was because the codis info was not clear. Now that it is clear the codis info is not exculpatory - as in it does not point an individual - how would that have benefitted Iris or her client?
This was a long presentation by Lauren and it was hard not to have my attention wander, but I highly recommend listening to it if you have the time.
All IMO

RSBBM

As I recall more runoff occurring with snow melting off the mountains.
Tyson loaded that video on Saturday May 30th. (it is now gone) I am 100% with you on this @susiQ ...he desperately wanted them to find the damn phone. He wanted them to know about Jeff. IMO the ring would be too easy to hide, in furniture, in a pillow/simply a piece of clothing.

ETA...Tyson said it was cold and rainy that morning, and to see Barry pop up, out of nowhere was bizarre.
Yes I figured he was wet from being out in the rain.

You’re spot on. She had Wi-Fi at home, so her texts would always be delivered if at home. Spotty cell service wouldn’t be an issue at home. MM2 knew that. I wonder how early their first attempt was. In fact, I wonder what Barry’s phone showed under the good morning text he sent Suzanne that morning.. bet it gave him a chill when it read “Not Delivered” in green rather than iPhone blue.

Wonder why he wasn't concerned about his message not being delivered?

When a woman says, she is not "the other woman" (in BM's life), it could be, she indeed was one time, but BM cheated on her and had the next other woman. If the woman wasn't "the other woman" any more, when SM disappeared, she certainly was very happy to have been swapped out in time!
I would like to know, whether BM has a little boy somewhere, which state ever, who looks like a sweet little copy of himself. Could he keep that a secret? Idk.
I think that comment was entirely connected to the Facebook sleuths that were stalking her while searching for Barry’s sidekick which they were convinced he had. Hence she was speaking to that crowd when she said she was not the “other woman”.

You are mistaken.

The dart gun had not been fired in a very long time and was broken. He handed over the .22 much later and it works just fine.

Just went back and was reading the AA. What I was talking about was on pg. 75 when Grusing tells BM the chipmunk gun did not appear to have been fired in a long time. Just want to be sure: when we say chipmunk gun are we talking about the .22 or the broken dart gun?

Again, not a Bobcat expert, but I believe so. Pre October of 2020 (when Bobcat released it's IQ platform) it looks like Bobcat Co. kept up with the info and gave you reports if you subscribed to the service but there was no platform at that time where the owner themselves could see the info in real time. That came in October.

Still some remaining questions for sure about this theory, such as the make year and model of BM's Skid-Steer and the same info of the digger or whatever the thing was he wanted to look at. I think that would help us to know whether this would even be possible.

One thing is for sure- BM attempted to disable GPS on his truck and something happened with the Bobcat as well. I think it's worth sleuthing.

Make and Model of Bobcat Skid Steer:

The Bobcat located on the Morphew's property is identified as a 2018 Bobcat Compact Skid Steer,
Model# S590 and product identification number AR9Rl8813 .

Page 41 of the AA.

Suzanne had confided in both her sister and her best friend about domestic violence with BM. For reference, rewatch the interviews her sister gave and read the AA, which shows verbatim texts between Suzanne and her friend SO, discussing the domestic violence. Both are posted in the media thread.

So there is more than just assumption on here.

Barry admitted to one incident where he "accidently" grazed her or something like that. I believe he also admitted to threatening to kill himself to hurt her. She told an incident of him holding a gun to his head also. I believe the AA had listed he held her down on the bed before also.

This is domestic violence. It does not have to be physically punching someone leaving them bruised and broken. The actions he did take weather he meant to hurt her or not are considered domestic violence.

I'd also say his behavior of flying off and getting mad and leaving is abusive. Him sneaking up on her when she didn't know he was home and watching her is causing her to fear enough to call the police. Living with someone that is very unpredictable and doing things like this is 100% abuse and much of it is domestic violence.

While I think he staged the phone in the general direction of the bike, I don't think he wanted anyone to uncover its contents. My guess -- he staged the bike on foot. Walked home, went left in the truck and then as he passed by the location of the bike, pitched the phone out the window. Minor league speed -- having first disabled it -- before driving onward to Broomfield.

JMO

I think BM really lost the plot for a moment when he told that gigantic lie to the Rs about where he was. I bet he is kicking himself for that.

So easily shown as a blatant lie.

ETA: How do you defend/explain that?

Especially because he hadn't been at the work site in HOURS.. not like he just returned from the site and got a call and mixed that up. He was in that hotel from for 4 hours at that point. He even told someone he was at the work site with workers present. He would have been there alone if he was there and we all know he wasn't there so yeah he can't even claim he was so distraught he was mistaken or misspoke. He misspoke to Mr. Ritter AND the police then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed