Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think there is close to zero chance that BM will take the stand and testify, it sure would be interesting.

Other than family, the daughters, his mother and his sisters, who else is showing their support in his innocence? Has his nephew attended any hearings? Any friends, like his 300 tours buddy?

However.... if, during the course of ongoing investigation, LE uncovers a mistress (anywhere from one to a herd), they may gain insight into his mode of communication which may lead to additional discovery, related to the events of MDW.

JMO

I had been very curious about the river that day and I don't think it was moving very fast. On the body cam footage during the bike recovery if you turn the volume way up, you can hear the river even if you can't see it.

That could very well be the case, but OTOH it would have been impossible for, or stupid, for BM to try and locate it before LE had left from searching the immediate area. Tyson Draper encountered BM either 2 or 3 weeks after SM went missing and I’m guessing the “run-off” was much greater then. BM has said LE should have searched the creek and not the Salida river property, likely because he wanted/intended for them to find “the” phone. I can’t think of any reason for BM to be coming up from the creek when TD encountered him. LE had already searched the area extensively, but perhaps not the water? Maybe missed it? Heck, maybe he intentionally put it in the water for them to find it and they didn’t and when he could finally get down there to look for it, it was gone! Silly me, early on I thought maybe he hid the ring down there because dollars to donuts he didn’t let that escape his clutches.

I’m convinced he was up to no good that day. Of course, he could convince his mother that LE did a lousy job searching and he needed to go to the creek. She wouldn’t think anything of it. All MOO :)

However.... if, during the course of ongoing investigation, LE uncovers a mistress (anywhere from one to a herd), they may gain insight into his mode of communication which may lead to additional discovery, related to the events of MDW.

JMO

I think lots of that information is out there.

We know all that sort of data takes an incredible amount of man hours to go through. I am confident that there is lots more to expose into BM's doings. The defense may be in for some nasty obstacles.

Leopards/spots.

MOO

We don't know that he had a burner. I don't believe the unknown device was a burner. Why would his burner phone text him?

Suzanne was smart enough to not need a burner to keep her affair hidden.
The AA makes no mention of the 2 devices texting each other, just that there were associations.
the device was first used NOVEMBER 30, 2019- the Morphews were in Mexico during this time. Multiple associations around the time of the “disappearance.” No associations afterwards tho!

Attachments

• 0432036C-32F3-43F7-A274-178B07D2A27A.jpeg
    0432036C-32F3-43F7-A274-178B07D2A27A.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
We don't know that he had a burner. I don't believe the unknown device was a burner. Why would his burner phone text him?

Suzanne was smart enough to not need a burner to keep her affair hidden.
In the witness list submitted by the prosecution there are two representatives from Tracfone. Tracfone prides itself on privacy and being relatively cheap (no contract).
No Contract 5G Prepaid Plans & Smartphones | Tracfone Wireless

The witness list is very long, but there are some interesting witnesses (company's) in that list...

JMO

ETA - and you can buy them with cash.

Last edited:

JMO
The only BM affair that might be relevant is the affair connected with SM's statement that he has been supporting another woman. Goes to his motive for killing SM.

In the witness list submitted by the prosecution there are two representatives from Tracfone. Tracfone prides itself on privacy and being relatively cheap (no contract).
No Contract 5G Prepaid Plans & Smartphones | Tracfone Wireless

The witness list is very long, but there are some interesting witnesses (company's) in that list...

JMO

ETA - and you can buy them with cash.

Way back when the AA was released, I made a list of the business witnesses and of course I can't find it now. So I will say, IMO.

The Tracfone was very interesting, and so were the many banks, credit unions and other financial institutions. IMO, as a bookkeeper/accountant type person for many many years, they had a lot of accountswith a lot of financial places. Esp considering BM was supposedly a cash type of guy. They had lots of assets,not necessarily cash, but they weren't Jeff Bezos level, IYKWIM. Beyond the typical retirement account, checking/savings/ maybe spread it in two banks, sort of thing as far as finances. I had more of the feeling of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

All MOO pure speculation

ETA: I've always thought the money was funny, now I think that is all on BM's end.

Way back when the AA was released, I made a list of the business witnesses and of course I can't find it now. So I will say, IMO.

The Tracfone was very interesting, and so were the many banks, credit unions and other financial institutions. IMO, as a bookkeeper/accountant type person for many many years, they had a lot of accountswith a lot of financial places. Esp considering BM was supposedly a cash type of guy. They had lots of assets,not necessarily cash, but they weren't Jeff Bezos level, IYKWIM. Beyond the typical retirement account, checking/savings/ maybe spread it in two banks, sort of thing as far as finances. I had more of the feeling of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

All MOO pure speculation
The witness list was included in a Squibd document published in late 2021.
Witness list starts about page 13.
Morphew Case: Oct-15-2021 Through Nov-5-2021 | PDF (scribd.com)
JMO.

ETA - there are a surprising number of financial institutions on the witness list including the three major credit ranking agencies. I believe there was a definite financial component to SM's murder

If Barry removed the arm pin and bolts to access and remove/swap the SIM card, why did he leave them loose?

Forgive my ignorance on all parts of my question.

JMO

That could very well be the case, but OTOH it would have been impossible for, or stupid, for BM to try and locate it before LE had left from searching the immediate area. Tyson Draper encountered BM either 2 or 3 weeks after SM went missing and I’m guessing the “run-off” was much greater then. BM has said LE should have searched the creek and not the Salida river property, likely because he wanted/intended for them to find “the” phone. I can’t think of any reason for BM to be coming up from the creek when TD encountered him.
I’m convinced he was up to no good that day. Of course, he could convince his mother that LE did a lousy job searching and he needed to go to the creek. She wouldn’t think anything of it. All MOO :)
RSBBM

As I recall more runoff occurring with snow melting off the mountains.
Tyson loaded that video on Saturday May 30th. (it is now gone) I am 100% with you on this @susiQ ...he desperately wanted them to find the damn phone. He wanted them to know about Jeff. IMO the ring would be too easy to hide, in furniture, in a pillow/simply a piece of clothing.

ETA...Tyson said it was cold and rainy that morning, and to see Barry pop up, out of nowhere was bizarre.

Last edited:
I think lots of that information is out there.

We know all that sort of data takes an incredible amount of man hours to go through. I am confident that there is lots more to expose into BM's doings. The defense may be in for some nasty obstacles.

Leopards/spots.

MOO
They know what prosecution has as long as prosecution didn’t hide it from defense which is highly irregular and would cause an appeal or outright dismissal. I am not anticipating any aha moments from prosecution.

The witness list was included in a Squibd document published in late 2021.
Witness list starts about page 13.
Morphew Case: Oct-15-2021 Through Nov-5-2021 | PDF (scribd.com)
JMO.

ETA - there are a surprising number of financial institutions on the witness list including the three major credit ranking agencies. I believe there was a definite financial component to SM's murder
Thank you for that link.

GOOGLE is on there. Right after Verizon. I wonder if order of witnesses follows order of investigation and search warrants.

LE checking to see if anyone turned up on cell towers communicating with BM in Broomfield around 11:00 am on MD? And then if they used an electronic map to find out where the Men's Wearhouse in Broomfield was?

Thank you for that link.

GOOGLE is on there. Right after Verizon. I wonder if order of witnesses follows order of investigation and search warrants.

LE checking to see if anyone turned up on cell towers communicating with BM in Broomfield around 11:00 am on MD? And then if they used an electronic map to find out where the Men's Wearhouse in Broomfield was?

He used or connected with that device twice in Broomfield. Don't recall the exact times but he was at the hotel both times.

JMO

If Barry borrowed the SIM card from another CAT, his data is lodged in another CAT owner's activity log. And why would they ever think to look for activity on their equipment on MDW if they knew their equipment hadn't moved an inch?

Barry could've used his Bobcat all night, below the radar.

Is this how it works?

Calling all CAT owners in Salida to do whatever it takes to see if your equipment shows activity on MDW.

Is the a develop-able theory?

JMO

They know what prosecution has as long as prosecution didn’t hide it from defense which is highly irregular and would cause an appeal or outright dismissal. I am not anticipating any aha moments from prosecution.

Nor am I but the prosecution is continuing to turn over discovery. I don't think either side is going to advertise what it is or if it is an aha moment. And I don't think it excludes things we will be surprised about.

Very interested, @Momofthreeboys, about how the lie in the phone call to the R's can be defended.

No snark, I respect your intelligent skepticism.

JMO
When a woman says, she is not "the other woman" (in BM's life), it could be, she indeed was one time, but BM cheated on her and had the next other woman. If the woman wasn't "the other woman" any more, when SM disappeared, she certainly was very happy to have been swapped out in time!
I would like to know, whether BM has a little boy somewhere, which state ever, who looks like a sweet little copy of himself. Could he keep that a secret? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed