Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truck telematics seem to suggest that the truck was not used for disposal
Bobcat telematics tampering, highly coincidental blade change, being left at house instead of going to Broomfield, dog hits, barefoot print....suggest Bobcat was used
No tracks around the property suggest Bobcat was most likely towed on trailer so I believe MM2 RR used to pull
Truck telematics indicate to me a window between 9:52pm and 3:25am for body disposal (5.5 hours)- plenty of time to dump body a safer distance from the house
At 3:25 we see the frenzy of truck door slamming on telematics that looks like dumpster evidence packing
Truck telematics say leaving PP around 3:50 (sunrise 6am that day)
2 hours, 51 minutes from PP to HGI (with the one dumpster stop in between)
1 hour missing from this data- but no stops per telematics (helmet toss out?, ride by dump site?)
Truck telematics don't suggest bike dump in the truck, possibly done during body dump?
BM definitely decontaminated every chance he got
I find it hard to believe the three dogs run independently were wrong but maybe they suck at their jobs, but I'm not an expert so MOO

I'm going through a list of mines in Chaffee County looking for ones with a walking distance nearby water source because I personally believe Blade A and SM's cell phone were dumped in water nearby and BM would have needed to decontaminate himself before getting back into the tow vehicle.

Edit: I haven't looked closely at cell stuff yet so that may narrow the window for body disposal.

The phone data that came from the defense is ridiculously (and I believe intentionally) confusing.

Bringing this over from the last thread.

Exactly. As we discussed in earlier threads, @sk716, I also believe that this is the area where BM disposed of SM’s body. @Trackergd was one of the first to throw this location out there many, many months ago. Also, the power lines parallel the road leading from Puma Path to where you cut off to head up to the mines, (marked in yellow on your map). It would be easy for BM to drive his ATV along the power line cut to avoid other vehicles or to duck in off the road if he saw a car coming. At night, in May, I’d be surprised to find vehicles traveling that road anyway.
The Cushmans’ would be the only home he even came close to along that whole road and we all know the Cushmans weren’t home.

Where did the May 4, 2020 fire happen in relation to the power line cut and the mines? Was the fire in close proximity to any of the mines you are referring to? (*Please forgive my inability to look at 2 similar maps and compare them, right now. I've been really sick all week and my brain is on about 1/10.)

Firefighters save ghost town cabin from burning in wildfire on Colorado mountain pass | OutThere Colorado

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 17.59.06.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 17.59.06.png
    980.6 KB · Views: 19
Bringing this over from the last thread.

Exactly. As we discussed in earlier threads, @sk716, I also believe that this is the area where BM disposed of SM’s body. @Trackergd was one of the first to throw this location out there many, many months ago. Also, the power lines parallel the road leading from Puma Path to where you cut off to head up to the mines, (marked in yellow on your map). It would be easy for BM to drive his ATV along the power line cut to avoid other vehicles or to duck in off the road if he saw a car coming. At night, in May, I’d be surprised to find vehicles traveling that road anyway.
The Cushmans’ would be the only home he even came close to along that whole road and we all know the Cushmans weren’t home.

Someone posted a link in the previous thread for a Chaffee County topological map. I’m sorry I don’t recall who posted it. There’s was a link on that page for Chaffee County mines:

Top Mines in Chaffee County, CO

If Barry left Suzanne in a mine shaft, and IMO there’s a pretty good chance he did, he had plenty to choose from. He was limited in time/distance and vehicle. Although, he might have put Suzanne in a temporary spot (in a cooler stashed on some other property?) and moved her later (IMO doubtful - too many eyes watching him).

I thought I’d post the link, if anyone wants to explore. :(

Where did the May 4, 2020 fire happen in relation to the power line cut and the mines? Was the fire in close proximity to any of the mines you are referring to? (*Please forgive my inability to look at 2 similar maps and compare them, right now. I've been really sick all week and my brain is on about 1/10.)

Firefighters save ghost town cabin from burning in wildfire on Colorado mountain pass | OutThere Colorado

I don't know about the fire, but I was about to tag @OldCop with some maps that may either help or hurt your brain. Monarch Pass is south west of these . I do think a power line cut runs across there but it literally crests the mountain.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/02/ScreenHunter-1305.png

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/02/ScreenHunter-1308.png
I noticed on the latest sat image you can clearly see the ATV trail going up the mountain.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/02/ScreenHunter-1307-1536x684.png
Trails and Mines – Find Suzanne Morphew

Last edited:
Disposing of Stuff/Evidence in Trash Dumps?
From thread 93, post 979 by @Yesiamapirate
1) "... He successfully hid the body so far. Why didn’t he put the rest of the stuff he had to get rid of in the same place? ..."
2) "He has access to so many rural areas to toss stuff off a cliff
or bury it....
I keep thinking the trash runs were red herrings...
"

@Yesiamapirate sbm bbm rbm Good question. I don't have a precise idea of the items BM disposed of, or their collective volume.

1) Did BM think if he pushed stuff off a cliff, that hikers, bikers, campers, hunters, et al could encounter it, and it could then be linked to him as causing her death? IDK. Not saying ^ was his thought process, only a possibility (maybe slim or none).
Altho burying, esp'ly in multiple spots, would take more time than ^, conceivably the stuff could be dug up by wildlife. Then linked to him? IDK.

2) And as you posted, his series of trash stops may have been red herrings.
my2ct.

Last edited:
Any chance he could have put her in Fooses Lake? Or would that have been too risky with:

•Chances of LE searching the lake
•Suzanne's body rising to the top
•Lake not being deep enough
•Fishermen seeing him

Thoughts?

Any chance he could have put her in Fooses Lake? Or would that have been too risky with:

•Chances of LE searching the lake
•Suzanne's body rising to the top
•Lake not being deep enough
•Fishermen seeing him

Thoughts?
They searched Fooses on May 17.
At least I’ve been told that’s where the photos are from.
JMO

On Sunday, May 17, members of the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue Team searched water sites in the area. (Please see attached pictures.)

May 17 Search Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

1) "... He successfully hid the body so far. Why didn’t he put the rest of the stuff he had to get rid of in the same place? ..."
or bury it....
"

@Yesiamapirate sbm bbm rbm Good question. I don't have a precise idea of the items BM disposed of, or their collective volume.

1) Did BM think if he pushed stuff off a cliff, that hikers, bikers, campers, hunters, et al could encounter it, and it could then be linked to him as causing her death? IDK. Not saying ^ was his thought process, only a possibility (maybe slim or none).
Altho burying, esp'ly in multiple spots, would take more time than ^, conceivably the stuff could be dug up by wildlife. Then linked to him? IDK.

my2ct.

I don't think all of the trash dumps were red herrings. He thought there was no camera on him at the McDonalds. I street viewed it once, the cameras are pointed at the drive thru and the main door. It was an ATM across the parking lot that nailed him.

The shopping center where the Men's Wearhouse is had been mostly empty for a while and again, Google street view shows no cameras in the parking lots. There was no camera at the RTD bus stop. He knew he was on camera outside at the HIE and in the lobby.

Which begs a stupid question? He knew he was going to be on camera going to his room when he said he was on the job site. He made a big show lurking around to get "breakfast" on camera and the second HIE (5th overall) trash dump was all theater. Another big show bringing the tools in. Did he think the cameras didn't work when he didn't need them as an alibi?

or bury it....
"

my2ct.
Or he has a habit of dejunking his truck when he has the opportunity. From the look inside his truck and garage it is entirely possible he was just killing time doing what he may have done hundreds of times over the years.

KISS

11:30pm to 3:30am

He did or didn't use his truck.
He did or didn't use a truck (truck, RR, ATV, his, a neighbor's).
He went far, dumped and ran.
He stayed close and it was time-consuming.
He used his Bobcat or he didn't.
He tampered with a body. Fact, according to the charges.
He did or didn't come into contact with cadaverine.
Cadaverine has a front time.... if Suzanne was murdered by 3 pm, by 3 am, cadaverine would surely be a concern. 12 hrs. What about 6 hrs? 3? 9?
Were the three dogs' independent alerts legit?
Barry did or didn't enter the house again on MD.
Barry did or didn't attempt to decontaminate.
Barry did, however, step barefooted onto the bucket of his Bobcat. A Bobcat the three dogs found interesting.

Barry and his truck were busy the night before and morning of...

If, overnight, Barry was within the general area of his development, some rather uncharted territory, what ate up 4 hours?

Ready, set, go.

JMO
I would have loved for the cadaver or dogs to have sniffed Barry!!!

I think Barry thought he had an eye for cameras.

He thought the hotel could vouch that he was there, in and out, you know, back and forth to the work site. I think he picked locations where he didn't see cameras. He just didn't see far enough.

I wonder if there were any landfill searches.

Wouldn't it be nice to see Suzanne's teal jacket again?

If they could, what recovered item would be most damning?

JMO

Last edited:
"KISS"

I AGREE .

Believe I read or heard that BM made the comment that he is good at only 2 things...

1) Working
2) Hunting

Prior to Suzanne's disappearance he was known for erratic behavior and being always on the go.

This can lead to endless rabbit trails and red herrings as we look at his activities to determine the motives behind them.

On the other hand he has been described as cunning, so the convoluted data we are analyzing may be of import.

He is not a mastermind but as of now is successful in having hid a body.
BBM
AS he so boldly told MG that very same day Suzanne went missing.
Per sk716 post --He could "bury" a body and it would never be found.
I believe he said that and I believe he meant it. IMO

May 09, 11:15 est. – Barry tells Morgan Gentile he could “bury a body” and it “would never be found.”
Gentile: “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

I think Barry thought he had an eye for cameras.

He thought the hotel could vouch that he was there, in and out, you know, back and forth to the work site. I think he picked locations where he didn't see cameras. He just didn't see far enough.

I wonder if there were any landfill searches.

Wouldn't it be nice to see Suzanne's teal jacket again?

If they could, what recovered item would be most damning?

JMO
If anything found at a landfill could be tracked back to his trash run dumpsters, I would think the missing brown towel that SM was sunbathing on would be very damning.

Of course her phone, charger or any part of them would be the MOST damning. Along with that little camera he says he never used.
JMO

If anything found at a landfill could be tracked back to his trash run dumpsters, I would think the missing brown towel that SM was sunbathing on would be very damning.

Of course her phone, charger or any part of them would be the MOST damning. Along with that little camera he says he never used.
JMO

And the boots!!! Maybe especially the boots. #soilsample.

JMO

JMO
The towel and/or the phone would bury him.

He was asked about the towel (pg 117) and where it might have disappeared to, along with questions about the multi-dumpster trash runs, cameras, Suzanne’s journal and other evidentiary items. They end up discussing everything but the towel. I’m surprised they didn’t follow up on that unless it’s just not in the AA.

He had plenty of experience in disposing of animal carcasses. He likely had several remote spots he used for his illegal hunting and harvesting activities. They come in handy when one needs to get rid of a wife and the accompanying evidence.

And the boots!!! Maybe especially the boots. #soilsample.

JMO
Yes the boots and the camo jacket. Especially since he took the boots into the hotel room first. But he didn’t try to conceal them.
I was thinking more of what could be in those bags he threw away at the HIE.

Attachments

• CC0D3F64-2A12-42A2-BAFF-846366E50C65.jpeg
    CC0D3F64-2A12-42A2-BAFF-846366E50C65.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 24
  • C3FEAF11-9249-4A41-9BB7-B63B1E3706F6.jpeg
    C3FEAF11-9249-4A41-9BB7-B63B1E3706F6.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 69C40C21-C39E-43F7-AF45-73FF1F55BCDE.jpeg
    69C40C21-C39E-43F7-AF45-73FF1F55BCDE.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 9D92F2F0-7022-440B-94D6-3165BAAB9345.jpeg
    9D92F2F0-7022-440B-94D6-3165BAAB9345.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 21
"Spartygirl, post: 17435581, member: 170301"]
AS he so boldly told MG that very same day Suzanne went missing.
Per sk716 post --He could "bury" a body and it would never be found.
I believe he said that and I believe he meant it. IMO
Nothing Surprises Anymore replied:

It seems MG initiated by saying pigs could eat an entire human body in 2 hours and Barry responded that he could bury a body that would never be found.
IIRC he made a similar statement to or about a prior boyfriend of a daughter.
This crime is so down his alley...

Sorry @Spartygirl I messed up my reply!

Last edited:
The towel and/or the phone would bury him.

He was asked about the towel (pg 117) and where it might have disappeared to, along with questions about the multi-dumpster trash runs, cameras, Suzanne’s journal and other evidentiary items. They end up discussing everything but the towel. I’m surprised they didn’t follow up on that unless it’s just not in the AA.

He had plenty of experience in disposing of animal carcasses. He likely had several remote spots he used for his illegal hunting and harvesting activities. They come in handy when one needs to get rid of a wife and the accompanying evidence.
The only tweet I can find mentioning the towel :

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429898579439665162?s=21
Undersheriff Rohrich is now looking at the last photo of #SuzanneMorphew sunbathing. She was laying on a brown towel that investigators never found.

Rest and feel better soon @swedeheart .
Your brain is always appreciated and needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25